What did Christ teach about war for his followers?

SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 05:19 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41019 wrote:
Yes He is.

As Jesus is the God of Moses and the OT, then you have answered yourself and nothing more for me to say. Jesus inspired the Old Testament. Therefore, HE inspired the following passages:

10. AFTER CONQUERING A CITY, IF YOU FIND A DECENT LOOKING WOMAN UNDER ONE OF THOSE BEE KEEPER OUTFITS, MAKE HER YOUR SLAVE.

“And when the Lord thy God hath delivered [a city] into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword: But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself”(Deuteronomy 20:13-14).
“And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods”(Numbers 31:7-9).

9. THOUGH INCONVENIENT, WHEN KILLING THE PEOPLE, BE SURE TO NOT TO HURT THEIR TREES (‘CAUSE THAT WOULD BE WASTEFUL).

“When thou shalt besiege a city a long time, in making war against it to take it, thou shalt not destroy the trees thereof by forcing an axe against them: for thou mayeth eat of them, and thou shalt not cut them down (for the tree of the field is man’s life) to employ them in the siege”(Deuteronomy 20:19).

8. DON’T STOP WITH KILLING THEIR SOLDIERS. RUB IT IN. DIP YOUR FEET IN THEIR BLOOD AND LET YOUR DOGS DRINK IT.

“But God shall wound the head of his enemies, and the hairy scalp of such an one as goeth on still in his trespasses. The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring my people again from the depths of the sea: That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the same”(Psalms 68:21-23).

7. DON’T ANONYMOUSLY KILL BIN LADEN AND OMAR IN A BOMBING RAID. AFTER KILLING THEIR FOLLOWERS, PUBLICLY HANG THEM FOR ALL TO SEE.

“For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.... And Joshua burnt Ai, and made it an heap for ever, even a desolation unto this day. And the king of Ai he hanged on a tree until eventide”(Joshua 8:26-29).

6. GIVE THEM A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE. CUT OFF THEIR HANDS AND FEET BEFORE HANGING THEM.

“And David commanded his young men, and they slew them, and cut off their hands and their feet, and hanged them up over the pool in Hebron”(2 Samuel 4:12).

5. NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH THE ENEMY. KILL THEM, SHOWING NO MERCY AT ALL.

“And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them”(Deuteronomy 7:2).

4. DON’T BE A SISSY. HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THESE NON-BELIEVERS. KILL THEM WHILE THEY’RE PRAYING IN CHURCH. KILL YOUNG AND OLD ALIKE, AND EVEN THOSE TOO FEEBLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

“But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy. Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand”(2 Chronicles 36:16-17).

3. DON’T JUST KILL THE HEATHENS. STEAL THEIR PROPERTY AND GIVE IT TO THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION.

“And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the Lord”(Joshua 6:24).

2. DON’T WASTE MONEY ON P.O.W. CAMPS. THROW YOUR CAPTIVES OFF A CLIFF.

“And Amaziah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Israel? And the man of God answered, The Lord is able to give thee much more than this.... And Amaziah strengthened himself ... and smote the children of Seir ten thousand. And other ten thousand left alive did the children of Judah carry away captive, and brought them unto the top of the rock, and cast them down from the top of the rock, that they all were broken in pieces”(2 Chronicles 25:9-12).

1. JUST REMEMBER THIS SIMPLE RULE: KILL EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES AND DESTROY EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

“But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth”(Deuteronomy 20:16).
“Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city [of nonbelievers] with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword”(1 Samuel 13:15).

“And that day Joshua took Makkedah, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof he utterly destroyed, them, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain: and he did to the king of Makkedah as he did unto the king of Jerico. Then Joshua passed from Makkedah, and all Israel with him, unto Libnah, and fought against Libnah: And the Lord delivered it also, and the king thereof, into the hand of Israel: and he smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein; he let none remain in it”(Joshua 10:29-30).

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass”(1 Samuel 15:3).
Brian764

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 04:47 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41024 wrote:
As Jesus is the God of Moses and the OT, then you have answered yourself and nothing more for me to say. Jesus inspired the Old Testament. Therefore, HE inspired the following passages:

10. AFTER CONQUERING A CITY, IF YOU FIND A DECENT LOOKING WOMAN UNDER ONE OF THOSE BEE KEEPER OUTFITS, MAKE HER YOUR SLAVE. GIVE THEM A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE. CUT OFF THEIR HANDS AND FEET BEFORE HANGING THEM. NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH THE ENEMY. KILL THEM, SHOWING NO MERCY AT ALL. JUST REMEMBER THIS SIMPLE RULE: KILL EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES AND DESTROY EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.

We are not under the Old Covenant/contract, but under a New one. The New Covenant is baste on God's grace/mercy, towards mankind.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 06:56 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41095 wrote:
We are not under the Old Covenant/contract, but under a New one. The New Covenant is baste on God's grace/mercy, towards mankind.

First, this easy false (unsupported) excuse means that Jesus was Barbaric in the OT then for some reason he changed his mind and decided to be a little merciful (which is also not true!). Did He discover that he had made a mistake and decided to correct it! (NONSENSE). You are in a state of DENIAL.

Second, your easy false excuse violates what Jesus himself and your bible said (of course, I expect you to bring again another easy false excuse as any christian apologist):

Jesus said:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Jesus asked his followers to obey Moses laws (OT):

Matthew 23:1-3

23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples,
23:2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses;
23:3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

How about this passage:

"Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval." [2Timothy 3:16] [God's Word version]

And this passage:

[Romans 15:4]: "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

And what about those passages:

[2 Peter 3:1]: "This is now, beloved, the second letter I am writing to you in which I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder,

[2 Peter 3:2]: that you should remember the words spoken beforehand by the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior spoken by your apostles."
Brian764

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:14 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41099 wrote:
First, this easy false excuse means that Jesus was Barbaric in the OT then for some reason he changed his mind and decided to be a little merciful (which is also not true!). You are in a state of DENIAL.

Second, your easy false excuse violates what Jesus himself and your bible said (of course, I expect you to bring again another easy false excuse as any christian apologist):

Jesus said:
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

Jesus asked his followers to obey Moses laws (OT):

Matthew 23:1-3

23:1 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples,
23:2 saying: "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses;
23:3 therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

You asked me a question, I gave you an answer; I have no interest in arguing/debating with you, believe whatever you want, its fine with me...all the best to you.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:37 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41100 wrote:
You asked me a question, I gave you an answer; I have no interest in arguing/debating with you, believe whatever you want, its fine with me...all the best to you.

[Romans 15:4]: "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope."

I showed you proofs from your own fabricated bible but you choose now to deny that ONE TRUTH!

[SIZE="2"]"Is not He (better than your so-called gods) Who originates creation, and shall thereafter repeat it, and Who provides for you from heaven and earth? Is there any ilah (god) with Allah? Say: [SIZE="3"]"Bring forth your proofs, if you are truthful."[/SIZE] " [Quran 27: 64] [/SIZE]
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:53 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41095 wrote:

I asked this same question to a christian in another Forum and never answered it, so, I want you to answer this same simple question:

As a christian, You calim that you believe in this nonsense NT teaching (LIE) of 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY':

Suppose -God forbids- that one of the criminals broke into your house, and massacred your wife and raped her then killed your child, will you LOVE HIM, WILL YOU FORGIVE HIM and let him go without punishment !!!!?
Campbell34

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 11:51 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41105 wrote:
I asked this same question to a christian in another Forum and never answered it, so, I want you to answer this same simple question:

As a christian, You calim that you believe in this nonsense NT teaching (LIE) of 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY':

Suppose -God forbids- that one of the criminals broke into your house, and massacred your wife and raped her then killed your child, will you LOVE HIM, WILL YOU FORGIVE HIM and let him go without punishment !!!!?

Jesus said to love your enemy during His Sermon on the mount. He was speaking to the Jews and what Jesus was telling them is if they want the law to save them this is how good they would have to be. Jesus also told them if their right eye offends them they should pluck it out. The Jews knew no one could be that good, and that was the point Jesus was trying to make. Simply, no one can earn salvation. And no one will be justified by the works of the Law. When you understand the context of Christ words, then you wil understand the teaching is not nonsense. And what is nonsense is when Christians tell us we are to follow these examples, when these examples were never given to be followed. The Jews of the past knew they could not be that good, and right thinking Christians today should understand that as well.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:29 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41130 wrote:
Jesus said to love your enemy during His Sermon on the mount. He was speaking to the Jews and what Jesus was telling them is if they want the law to save them this is how good they would have to be. Jesus also told them if their right eye offends them they should pluck it out. The Jews knew no one could be that good, and that was the point Jesus was trying to make. Simply, no one can earn salvation. And no one will be justified by the works of the Law. When you understand the context of Christ words, then you wil understand the teaching is not nonsense. And what is nonsense is when Christians tell us we are to follow these examples, when these examples were never given to be followed. The Jews of the past knew they could not be that good, and right thinking Christians today should understand that as well.

As expected, Easy cheap run away answer. You -christian apologists- don't ever feel ashamed to twist the crystal clear words of Jesus to satisfy your agenda.

Jesus said:

"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' [Matthew 5:38]

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." [Matthew 5:39]

"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also." [Matthew 5:40]

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' " [Matthew 5:43]

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Jesus of Nazareth, as recorded in [Matthew 5:44]

"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?" [Matthew 5:46]

What's there left to explain? Well nothing.

I did't want your self interpretation, I just wanted you to say do you believe this nonsense christian lie 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' or not!!

Obviously, you do not.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:51 am
@SWORD of GOD,
Here are some key Scriptures (Bible verses) on loving your enemies christian deception (LIE):

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).
0 Replies

Brian764

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:45 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41105 wrote:

In my day to day living, I don't concern my self with what would I do if this or that happened, I simply deal with what is at hand. When and if that bridge comes up, I am confident that God will give me the strength to deal with that as well.
Campbell34

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 11:36 am
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41131 wrote:
As expected, Easy cheap run away answer. You -christian apologists- don't ever feel ashamed to twist the crystal clear words of Jesus to satisfy your agenda.

Jesus said:

"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.' [Matthew 5:38]

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also." [Matthew 5:39]

"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also." [Matthew 5:40]

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.' " [Matthew 5:43]

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you" - Jesus of Nazareth, as recorded in [Matthew 5:44]

"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?" [Matthew 5:46]

What's there left to explain? Well nothing.

I did't want your self interpretation, I just wanted you to say do you believe this nonsense christian lie 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' or not!!

Obviously, you do not.

Loving one's enemy is a good goal. If you can do it fine. Yet the Bible tells us if possible we should live at peace with all men. IF POSSIBLE. Thats not always the case. And that interpretation was an attempt on my part to speak the Biblical truth. Yet I don't believe you are here to hear that truth. You just want to believe everything Christian is a lie, so naturally you just want to believe your negative interpretations. So your right, I should not of wasted my time with you.
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:11 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41136 wrote:
In my day to day living, I don't concern my self with what would I do if this or that happened, I simply deal with what is at hand. When and if that bridge comes up, I am confident that God will give me the strength to deal with that as well.

You did not answer my simple question. You tried to run away but I will ask you the same question again (you can refuse to answer if you want):

SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 04:13 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41161 wrote:
Loving one's enemy is a good goal. If you can do it fine. Yet the Bible tells us if possible we should live at peace with all men. IF POSSIBLE. Thats not always the case. And that interpretation was an attempt on my part to speak the Biblical truth. Yet I don't believe you are here to hear that truth. You just want to believe everything Christian is a lie, so naturally you just want to believe your negative interpretations. So your right, I should not of wasted my time with you.

Can you answer this simple question with direct simple answer:

Campbell34

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41185 wrote:
Can you answer this simple question with direct simple answer:

You don't want to hear the real answer, so don't pretend your a seeker of truth. That was not a law to be followed, it was an example to the Jews of that time, as to what would be required or how strictly they would have to follow the law if they were hopeing it would save them from sin. Jesus said if your eye offends you, pluck it out. Do you really think Jesus want all the Jewish men to start plucking out their eyes? DO YOU?
SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:24 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;41212 wrote:
You don't want to hear the real answer, so don't pretend your a seeker of truth. That was not a law to be followed, it was an example to the Jews of that time, as to what would be required or how strictly they would have to follow the law if they were hopeing it would save them from sin. Jesus said if your eye offends you, pluck it out. Do you really think Jesus want all the Jewish men to start plucking out their eyes? DO YOU?

So, you don't believe that nonsense 'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' Christian LIE.
Brian764

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41184 wrote:
You did not answer my simple question. You tried to run away but I will ask you the same question again (you can refuse to answer if you want):

SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:25 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
[SIZE="3"]9 Children Killed in U.S. Raid in Iraq[/SIZE]

By STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writer
October 11, 2007
9 children killed in U.S. raid in Iraq - Yahoo! News
0 Replies

SWORD of GOD

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:28 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;41214 wrote:

No, you did not answer my question. I don't want you to quote passages from your bible, I just want to know if you still believe & follow that nonsense
'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' Christian Lie or Not !!!
Brian764

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 07:33 pm
@SWORD of GOD,
SWORD of GOD;41216 wrote:
No, you did not answer my question. I don't want you to quote passages from your bible, I just want to know if you still believe & follow that nonsense
'LOVE YOUR ENEMY' Christian Lie or Not !!!

Yes I do believe everything that Jesus says, and I do my best to follow in His foot steps...even though not as perfect as He is...yet.
wvpeach

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 09:38 pm
@Brian764,
sword

I believe we are to love and pray for our enemies I do it every day.
0 Replies