Capital Punishment

wvpeach

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 03:03 pm
@Campbell34,
I guess its better to be like the republicans campbell?

Want the kid born , then care less if it starves to death or dies early for lack of health care.

Is that better? I don't think so. In fact I feel sure God doesn't think so either.

Campbell34;34099 wrote:
Yes, backing the killing of people is just is bad as doing it yourself, yes it's like voting for Presidential candidates that defends the killing of the 60 million abortions here in America.
Presidential candidates Senators Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Elizabeth Edwards, wife of presidential Candidate John Edwards, attended a Planned Parenthood conference in Washington, D.C. on Tusday and criticized the Supreme Court's ban on partial birth abortion. Now, which president, and what party did he belong to, that allowed the signing into law the banning of partial birth abortions?
Silverchild79

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 03:27 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;34102 wrote:
Well I'm sure that will make all the future innocent people who go down death row feel much better about their execution.

It's colony preservation mentality.

I would rather kill one innocent to punish 999 guilty murderers then save one life and let 999 murderers walk the street. Is it a 100% perfect strategy? No, but I guarantee less innocents will be killed my way.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

@Campbell34,
Campbell34;34102 wrote:
Well I'm sure that will make all the future innocent people who go down death row feel much better about their execution.

I would rather kill one innocent to punish 999 guilty murderers then save one life and let 999 murderers walk the street. Is it a 100% perfect strategy? No, but I guarantee less innocents will be killed my way.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

@Campbell34,
Campbell34;34102 wrote:

Red cv

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 04:06 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Considering Canadas high rate of incarcerating innocent men I'm glad we don't have Capital Punishment. I would like to see all immates housed together none of this protecting sex offenders and pedophiles, if they get shanked oh well life sucks sometimes. Just ask the victims, if they are alive.
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 04:23 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;34798 wrote:

Want the kid born , then care less if it starves to death or dies early for lack of health care.

Is that better? I don't think so. In fact I feel sure God doesn't think so either.

And what makes you think you know how God will deal with this? Wow, you really do set yourself above others, don't you?

Just argue a point without telling us how God will deal with it.

Adoption is a wonderful solution to unwanted children. Ever heard of that concept? I'm sure God has...
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:19 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;34801 wrote:

Well if you feel that strongly about this, perhaps you should volunteer to be the next innocent one. It's always easy to make such statements until it's your pound of flesh that's on the line, and not some one elses.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:28 am
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;34798 wrote:

Wow, So you think God supports Abortion. I can't even imagine what kind of church, or what kind of Bible you got that out of. Are you a member of the First Church of SATAN?
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 11:45 am
@FedUpAmerican,
FedUpAmerican;33687 wrote:
[INDENT]disclaimer: THIS DOES NOT DESCRIBE ALL CHRISTIANS, NOR IS IT IMPLIED, SUGGESTED, THOUGHT ABOUT, DESIRED, DREAMED OF, WISHED FOR, PRAYED ABOUT, WRITTEN ABOUT, TALKED ABOUT, JOKED OVER, SUNG OR WHISPERED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

Your emotional arguments actually do more harm than good to your causes, and I suggest you develop the ability to conduct fact-based analysis. Not an insult, just some unsolicited advice.

The death penalty, as implemented, actually provides the opposite of what it seeks to achieve. The death penalty costs a society not only the emotional loss of two citizens, but the cost of execution including the appeals process, even in Texas costs more than a lifetime of imprisonment. Further, in the pursuit of justice, courts historically have a "pretty good" record of convicting the guilty, but they have also been known to convict the innocent. DNA evidence has freed several convicted rapists and murders, so who knows what new form of forensic science will come up in the future. Killing a convict prevents a society from ever truly achieving justice.
FedUpAmerican

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 07:29 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;36084 wrote:
Your emotional arguments actually do more harm than good to your causes, and I suggest you develop the ability to conduct fact-based analysis. Not an insult, just some unsolicited advice.

LOL!

Dude, get over yourself. :FU1:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:03 pm
@FedUpAmerican,
Well grounded comback. If you have nothing else.
0 Replies