why are you christian?

Arterion

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 10:23 pm
@viewpoint,
Schizophrenia.

That's the explanation for "miracles". Hallucinations, psychosomatic symptoms, speaking in tongues, tremors, so and and so forth. All explained and documented by psychology. Yes, it's been scientifically proven than all those things can do and happen.

I asked god a long time ago for a small cheese pizza, then I would believe in him without question. I don't think it's that much to ask. Until the day one materializes in front of me, maybe with a note saying "Here ya go! -God" I'm not going to believe. And if he's unwilling or unable to do that, he's not worth worshiping to begin with.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:36 am
@Arterion,
Arterion;27182 wrote:
Schizophrenia.

That's the explanation for "miracles". Hallucinations, psychosomatic symptoms, speaking in tongues, tremors, so and and so forth. All explained and documented by psychology. Yes, it's been scientifically proven than all those things can do and happen.

I asked god a long time ago for a small cheese pizza, then I would believe in him without question. I don't think it's that much to ask. Until the day one materializes in front of me, maybe with a note saying "Here ya go! -God" I'm not going to believe. And if he's unwilling or unable to do that, he's not worth worshiping to begin with.

so if i send you a cheese pizza i get to be your God?
Quote:
Now all you have to do is prove that is what happened then and you got a case.
Silverchild79

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:04 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27168 wrote:
So, as it turns out, you're an atheist, too. :scratchchin:

no, far from it actually. I was just proving a point

it is however funny that in your mind anyone with a theological disagreement to your absolute opinion must obviously hate God
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 08:29 am
@Arterion,
Arterion;27182 wrote:
Schizophrenia.

Disrespect, I see. I better not catch you praying when in danger of losing your life, or that of a loved one. We'll burn you at the stake for hypocrisy, blasphemy and apostasy.:devilheadbang:
0 Replies

Arterion

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;27195 wrote:
so if i send you a cheese pizza i get to be your God?

1) You think we each have our own god, then? That there can be more than one god? You are a polytheist?

2) If you can make one materialize in front of me, then yes, actually.

Quote:
Now all you have to do is prove that is what happened then and you got a case.

No, you have to prove they DIDN'T happen. We can prove that things CAN happen by those means. We cannot prove things CAN happen because of miracles. So one is a viable assumption, the other is not.
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:01 pm
@Arterion,
Pinochet73;26678 wrote:
I am Christian because I believe what Jesus said.
You don't know what Jesus said, none of us do.

Campbell34;27048 wrote:
Where did u ever get the idea that nothing in the Bible is true? I have found just the oppsite, not only in the prophecies that are now coming to pass, or the finds being unearthed today, but I have heard from Christ, I have actually heard Him speak to me. He is not dead as some would claim, but is alive just as the Bible proclaims.
Be careful with the prophecies, remember John was very angry at Rome and that anger skewed his channel of divine insight. These things must be considered when reading the Bible.
I too have received messages from God/dess and Jesus. Jesus never speaks in words with me though, as his 'supposed' words have been so misused and misunderstood. He is always silent, but smiling. He nods or shakes his head when I ask him questions and receive his impressions.

Campbell34;27160 wrote:
Back in 1973 I had an encounter with 2 demons, it lasted for 6 months, the medical answer would of filled me with drugs and that would of been their cure. Yet for me, a group of Christians understood the problem and cast both of them out of me. I have not been bothered by them for the last 34 years. Not all sickness is cause by demons, yet they have the abilty to make people appear sick from time to time.
Years ago my father when he was six years old had a disease called weeping exzema. He had no hair on his head and my grandmother had to keep cloths on his head to catch the puss that would run down. The doctors back then stated that they had nothing to cure it. My dads father was a non believer who hated the church. My grandmother finally desperate went to a minister at the end of their block and asked if he would pray for my father to be healed. The minister asked her if she thought Jesus could heal today as he did 2,000 years ago. My grandmother said she believed. That night the minister came over and layed hands on my father and prayed for his healing. The next morning when my grandmother came down to change the cloth on my fathers head, all the puss had dried up and it just flaked down to the bed. My fathers dad who hated the church could not believe his eyes, and spent the rest of the day telling his co-works that God had truly healed his son. Oh yeah, he became a Christian. My experiences with Christ over my life makes me convinced that I could only take it word for word. Because some of my experiencs have been to dramatic to take it any other way.
Please consider the enormous role our perception plays in interpreting reality. I am not denying your experience at all, but just because what you experienced was real, dosen't mean it was real in the ways you think. These things take great honesty and soul-searching to uncover, and a complete willingness to release personal convictions and beliefs as they always skewer perception, and therefore experience.

But I to have encountered demons. I 'accindently' summoned one when I was a minister, but that is another subject I would like to discuss with you.

Pinochet73;27174 wrote:
Religion is a personal choice. From a historical perspective, however, there's no denying Christianity has been a major moralizing and civilizing force. :headbang:
Yes, and the method's it has used in 'moralizing' and 'civilizing' the world have made it the most evil force the world has ever known. A force we would all have been far better off without weeps. Jesus has weep far more then ever did on the cross, by witnessing how his misled followers have caused so much pain and misery in his name. Only recently are we beginning to return to his original vision.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 08:49 am
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27297]You don't know what Jesus said, none of us do.

Be careful with the prophecies, remember John was very angry at Rome and that anger skewed his channel of divine insight. These things must be considered when reading the Bible.
I too have received messages from God/dess and Jesus. Jesus never speaks in words with me though, as his 'supposed' words have been so misused and misunderstood. He is always silent, but smiling. He nods or shakes his head when I ask him questions and receive his impressions.

Please consider the enormous role our perception plays in interpreting reality. I am not denying your experience at all, but just because what you experienced was real, dosen't mean it was real in the ways you think. These things take great honesty and soul-searching to uncover, and a complete willingness to release personal convictions and beliefs as they always skewer perception, and therefore experience.

But I to have encountered demons. I 'accindently' summoned one when I was a minister, but that is another subject I would like to discuss with you.

Yes, and the method's it has used in 'moralizing' and 'civilizing' the world have made it the most evil force the world has ever known. A force we would all have been far better off without weeps. Jesus has weep far more then ever did on the cross, by witnessing how his misled followers have caused so much pain and misery in his name. Only recently are we beginning to return to his original vision.[/QUOTE]

Could you tell me where you got the information that stated that John was angery with Rome ?

And could you tell me what makes you think his divine insite was skewed ?

And true followers of Christ have from the beginning pointed the world to the only way of salvation. There have been many who have claimed to be Christians, yet even Jesus said Himself, "many will worship me with their lips, yet their hearts are far from me." Giving Christ lip service, does not make one a follower of Christ.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 09:09 am
@Arterion,
Arterion;27282 wrote:
1) You think we each have our own god, then? That there can be more than one god? You are a polytheist?

2) If you can make one materialize in front of me, then yes, actually.

No, you have to prove they DIDN'T happen. We can prove that things CAN happen by those means. We cannot prove things CAN happen because of miracles. So one is a viable assumption, the other is not.
Having one materialize is just a phone call away. Domino's delivers.
Quote:
No, you have to prove they DIDN'T happen. We can prove that things CAN happen by those means.
I don't think so. Just because you have an opinion about how something occured doesn't mean it did happen.There is a difference between "can" and "did."
Quote:
We cannot prove things CAN happen because of miracles.
Because you think we "cannot" means that this will always be so? Not so scienctific is it?
Quote:
So one is a viable assumption, the other is not.
Depends on the point of view, from yours i see how you can see that.
0 Replies

Truth Re-Minder

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 10:10 am
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;27316 wrote:
Quote:
Could you tell me where you got the information that stated that John was angery with Rome ?
There are several sources, even the Bible. I simply used logical deduction. Would not you be angry if the US government exiled you to an Island for your religous and poltical beliefs? It would be all but imposible to remain objective, much less compasonate, when writing about the same government. Thats combined with John's intense moral standards and the jugdements he had against Rome, all colored his divine insight in the book of revelation. Plus we don't how much of John's Revelation was edited to suite the political aims of the later bishops and popes. You can be sure such statements, that warn against adding or taking away from the bible, upon pain of eternal damnation, were just that. How convenient that no other divine writing can be as valid as the Bible. That is completely absurd, as there have been many divinely inspired writings since, some even more pure then the Bible.

Quote:
And could you tell me what makes you think his divine insite was skewed ?

The first indication of man's influence in aby sacred scripture, is a tone of judgement. Only man is judgemental, God has no need to judge as God created everything and all works in perfect order, even what we deem as evil. The old testament is full of man-claiming-to-be-God-verses. Just look at Joshua's justifications when committing genocide against the Cannanities. Such instruction was anything but the God Jesus came to reveal. And either Joshua's war propaganda much like we have today, in our 'war on Terror' or was perhaps a false God, influencing the Isrealites from the atral planes. There are spiritual wars that reflect, our political ones. But no true loving God would never or could never command the destruction of his own creations.

Quote:
And true followers of Christ have from the beginning pointed the world to the only way of salvation. There have been many who have claimed to be Christians, yet even Jesus said Himself, "many will worship me with their lips, yet their hearts are far from me." Giving Christ lip service, does not make one a follower of Christ.

Not true my friend. I would say the true followers of Christ pointed to themselves as the 'only way to salvation'. This is what Jesus and Paul taught. The kingdom of heaven is within us, and so is hell. We must look beyond such simple interpretaions of the word, and into the deeper spiritual realties from which the inspiration for the Bible came. Things are not as simple as you see them to be brother. There are many dimensions, many layers, here. It is more realistic to see things in terms of consciouness, which is ironically how Jesus instructs us to read the scripture. But to do so we must reliqiush our convictions, particularly of literal notions of the Bible, as those keep us from perceveining and experiencing the finer levels of reality. This is Jesus meant when he refered to the Rich man having an easier time entering the eye of a needle then the kingdom of heaven.

In other words you can't go within yourself to the kingdom of Heaven, if you keep going without to 'Word of God'.
Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 11:54 am
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27335]
Campbell34;27316 wrote:
There are several sources, even the Bible. I simply used logical deduction. Would not you be angry if the US government exiled you to an Island for your religous and poltical beliefs? It would be all but imposible to remain objective, much less compasonate, when writing about the same government. Thats combined with John's intense moral standards and the jugdements he had against Rome, all colored his divine insight in the book of revelation. Plus we don't how much of John's Revelation was edited to suite the political aims of the later bishops and popes. You can be sure such statements, that warn against adding or taking away from the bible, upon pain of eternal damnation, were just that. How convenient that no other divine writing can be as valid as the Bible. That is completely absurd, as there have been many divinely inspired writings since, some even more pure then the Bible.

The first indication of man's influence in aby sacred scripture, is a tone of judgement. Only man is judgemental, God has no need to judge as God created everything and all works in perfect order, even what we deem as evil. The old testament is full of man-claiming-to-be-God-verses. Just look at Joshua's justifications when committing genocide against the Cannanities. Such instruction was anything but the God Jesus came to reveal. And either Joshua's war propaganda much like we have today, in our 'war on Terror' or was perhaps a false God, influencing the Isrealites from the atral planes. There are spiritual wars that reflect, our political ones. But no true loving God would never or could never command the destruction of his own creations.

Not true my friend. I would say the true followers of Christ pointed to themselves as the 'only way to salvation'. This is what Jesus and Paul taught. The kingdom of heaven is within us, and so is hell. We must look beyond such simple interpretaions of the word, and into the deeper spiritual realties from which the inspiration for the Bible came. Things are not as simple as you see them to be brother. There are many dimensions, many layers, here. It is more realistic to see things in terms of consciouness, which is ironically how Jesus instructs us to read the scripture. But to do so we must reliqiush our convictions, particularly of literal notions of the Bible, as those keep us from perceveining and experiencing the finer levels of reality. This is Jesus meant when he refered to the Rich man having an easier time entering the eye of a needle then the kingdom of heaven.

In other words you can't go within yourself to the kingdom of Heaven, if you keep going without to 'Word of God'.

The fact was when Apostels were persucuted, they would rejoice counting themselves worthy to be punished for the cause of Christ. They did not have the same reaction non believers would of experienced. Your Logical deduction
does not fit in with the written Word, and is an example of you useing your own perspective and nothing more. John knew very well that all that was happening to him was part of Gods bigger plan.

God can be a loving God. Yet when God's creation rebels against Him God will act. Only a fool God will allow His creation to rebel forever. The Bible tells us that God is slow to anger, yet He will deal with a world that has turned against Him.
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:21 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

Quote:
hey did not have the same reaction non believers would of experienced.
Big assumption there. Again you do not not this, you weren't there. And the historical accounts are far from reliable.

Quote:
Your Logical deduction
does not fit in with the written Word, and is an example of you useing your own perspective and nothing more.
Perhaps, but can the same thing not be said of you and your belief in the word of God?

Quote:
John knew very well that all that was happening to him was part of Gods bigger plan.
Maybe so but that dosen't mean his words were not tainted. Why is that so hard for you to consider?

Quote:
God can be a loving God. Yet when God's creation rebels against Him God will act. Only a fool God will allow His creation to rebel forever. The Bible tells us that God is slow to anger, yet He will deal with a world that has turned against Him.
You need to do more research on the history of the Bible my friend. Many of the scriptures you draw your conclusions from are tainted as well. Do you not know that many of old testament verses were stolen from Sumerian and Babylonian beliefs. It always amazes me to see how certain Christians are of the Bible as a source of immutable truth when they don't even know where it came from. Be careful that your faith in the word of God is not an obstacle from seeing the truth.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 12:57 pm
@Truth Re-Minder,
[QUOTE='Truth' Re-Minder;27355]
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

Big assumption there. Again you do not not this, you weren't there. And the historical accounts are far from reliable.

Perhaps, but can the same thing not be said of you and your belief in the word of God?

Maybe so but that dosen't mean his words were not tainted. Why is that so hard for you to consider?

You need to do more research on the history of the Bible my friend. Many of the scriptures you draw your conclusions from are tainted as well. Do you not know that many of old testament verses were stolen from Sumerian and Babylonian beliefs. It always amazes me to see how certain Christians are of the Bible as a source of immutable truth when they don't even know where it came from. Be careful that your faith in the word of God is not an obstacle from seeing the truth.

Jesus is the Lord. He build a great nation, which continues to follow Him to this very day. Step aside, Pagan. Your day has come to an end.
Lilith cv

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 01:40 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27363 wrote:
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

Quote:
He build a great nation,
Wrong. He didn't build any nation at all. In truth it is far more likely that his original vision was tarnished by the followers of Peter. You actually serve a false God, he just convinced you that he is the true God. You know not Jesus but are under the thrall of the Demiurge, the very being Jesus came to deliver us from.

Quote:
which continues to follow Him to this very day.
Yes the followers of the Demirurge have built nations in his name under false pretense and hollow scriptures. From Constantine to George Bush, you have persecuted the true Christ, unaware.

Could it be that we have another Christian who does not know the origin of his own faith? Why am I not surprised.

I suppose my purpose here is to educate you, so be it. Lets me begin with a simple question. How many Christian traditions and beliefs are actually pagan in origin?
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 01:44 pm
@Arterion,
Wow nice response Lilith. This should be interesting, I bet he dosen't know one.

Btw who are you calling Pagan Pino? I hope you don't take your self seriously. lol
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 02:55 pm
@Lilith cv,
Lilith;27374 wrote:
Pinochet73;27363 wrote:
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

Wrong. He didn't build any nation at all. In truth it is far more likely that his original vision was tarnished by the followers of Peter. You actually serve a false God, he just convinced you that he is the true God. You know not Jesus but are under the thrall of the Demiurge, the very being Jesus came to deliver us from.

Yes the followers of the Demirurge have built nations in his name under false pretense and hollow scriptures. From Constantine to George Bush, you have persecuted the true Christ, unaware.

Could it be that we have another Christian who does not know the origin of his own faith? Why am I not surprised.

I suppose my purpose here is to educate you, so be it. Lets me begin with a simple question. How many Christian traditions and beliefs are actually pagan in origin?

Christianity crushed paganism before. It will do it again. HAIL, CHRISTENDOM! FOR CHRIST, ROME AND WESTERN MAN!
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 02:57 pm
@viewpoint,
"I suppose my purpose here is to educate you, so be it. Lets me begin with a simple question. How many Christian traditions and beliefs are actually pagan in origin?"

So much for supposition. Pound sand, hard.
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 03:02 pm
@Truth Re-Minder,
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

My assumption is based on God's Word the Bible. It is a Book that has never failed me. Also let me say this. I don't come to this post with such conviction because I alone have such a learned view of the Scriptures. The fact is there are some here who could run circles around me when it comes to Biblical understanding. Yet I can say this before man and God, knowing that God will judge me if I donot speak the truth. The man Christ Jesus has spoke to me from time to time over the years. Christ is not a story book person to me. I have heard His voice, and know that He lives. Just as Muslims around the world today are telling many that Jesus Christ is appearing to them in dreams and telling them to follow Him. One night God spoke to me and said that He knew that I was having a hard time living the life, but then said, but Tom, if you continue to follow me I will take care of you, and Tom I love you. Jesus Christ is not only a historical person He is a person for all the ages, which includes our age today. Ask those Muslims who are coming forward giving there life to Christ. Jesus not only spoke to me, He is speaking to many around the world. Even with the Muslims trying to stop the Gospel by force, they cannot stop Christ who is now reaching out to the Muslim people in their dreams. If you do the research, you will discover what I am telling you is true.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 03:10 pm
@Arterion,
Behold the consequences of being crapped on by Demiurge:
0 Replies

Truth Re-Minder

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:21 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;27378 wrote:
Lilith;27374 wrote:
Pinochet73;27363 wrote:

Christianity crushed paganism before. It will do it again. HAIL, CHRISTENDOM! FOR CHRIST, ROME AND WESTERN MAN!

I guess I was right.
Truth Re-Minder

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2007 05:30 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;27381 wrote:
Campbell34;27350 wrote:

My assumption is based on God's Word the Bible. It is a Book that has never failed me. Also let me say this. I don't come to this post with such conviction because I alone have such a learned view of the Scriptures. The fact is there are some here who could run circles around me when it comes to Biblical understanding. Yet I can say this before man and God, knowing that God will judge me if I donot speak the truth. The man Christ Jesus has spoke to me from time to time over the years. Christ is not a story book person to me. I have heard His voice, and know that He lives. Just as Muslims around the world today are telling many that Jesus Christ is appearing to them in dreams and telling them to follow Him. One night God spoke to me and said that He knew that I was having a hard time living the life, but then said, but Tom, if you continue to follow me I will take care of you, and Tom I love you. Jesus Christ is not only a historical person He is a person for all the ages, which includes our age today. Ask those Muslims who are coming forward giving there life to Christ. Jesus not only spoke to me, He is speaking to many around the world. Even with the Muslims trying to stop the Gospel by force, they cannot stop Christ who is now reaching out to the Muslim people in their dreams. If you do the research, you will discover what I am telling you is true.

Follow what path works for you. I learned that there are many things not being taught in churches today, things that question the very foundation of the Bible. Anyone willing to study these things can see the all to obvious and likly course of events. But for those who have a vested interest that their beliefs be true either won't see it, or distract themselves with judgement. At the end we must all decide if we really want to know the truth, or stick with what we believe, have been taught, etc.

Not be critical, but how can you put such faith in the 'word of God' when you don't even know its true origins? This dosen't mean what you have experienced didn' happen, but that there is far more to all this then you now realize. I can say this because I have been right where you are, not to de-validate where you are, but there is so much more.