Are we here to serve God or is God to serve man?

Greatest I am cv

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:29 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Why have you forsaken me is answered here.

Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

THEO

What do you make of these that say sacrifice is not required?

Regards
DL
russ cv

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:43 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
"To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice."

Tell that to Abraham's kid.
0 Replies

russ cv

Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 05:46 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
"Jesus qualified to be this sacrifice because he didn't have any sins of his own that needed to be punished but he was willing to take our sins and bear the punishment we deserve."

No, Jesus died for his own sins. He was a problematic trouble maker for the authorities. They dealt with him customarily.
0 Replies

theophilus cv

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:00 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;71621 wrote:
Pro 21:3 To do justice and judgment [is] more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

THEO

What do you make of these that say sacrifice is not required?
If anyone actually did obey all that God required he wouldn't need any sacrifice. The problem is that none of us had completely obeyed God's commands.
russ cv

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:07 pm
@theophilus cv,
"If anyone actually did obey all that God required he wouldn't need any sacrifice."

Sounds like this god is quite easy to read. A simple character?
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:24 pm
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71653 wrote:
If anyone actually did obey all that God required he wouldn't need any sacrifice. The problem is that none of us had completely obeyed God's commands.

Owners command their slaves.

What does God command on sten cell research?

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:30 pm
@theophilus cv,
theophilus;71653 wrote:

Including Jesus.

Hebrews 5:8
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

If he had to learn obedience then he must have disobeyed.

As to his so called sacrifice,

Psa 49:7 None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

Are we not brothers in Jesus?

Vicarious redemption is immoral.

Regards
DL
0 Replies