You have free will but are only free to follow the rules.

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2009 06:16 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,463 • Replies: 22
No top replies

xexon

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 11:34 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Freewill is a menance without compassion. The ability to feel what other's think.

Most will only know it as a mental concept.

A person who is "enlightened", got there from their ability to feel, not think.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 16 Dec, 2009 01:53 am
@xexon,
xexon;69388 wrote:
Freewill is a menance without compassion. The ability to feel what other's think.

Most will only know it as a mental concept.

A person who is "enlightened", got there from their ability to feel, not think.

x

A mind is enlightened. Hearts do not think.

Regards
DL
xexon

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 04:51 am
@Greatest I am cv,
In religious mythology, Satan is symbolic of the human mind. It belongs to this physical realm and is spiritually blind. It protects it's own individuality at the expense of becoming limited in perception. It "fell" from omniscience, not heaven.

Thinking is not required in omniscience, as it goes around the mental processes. You "see" rather than think. You see with the heart. Don't get hung up on definition here. I'm talking about your "higher" nature. The ability to feel. The mind makes it sit in the passenger seat for the most part.

Hell, is anything the mind can't figure out. "God" being the most tormenting of all.

It hears stories here in this world. Stories from beyond...

It prompts the mind to inquire further. A spiritual path always begins as a mental question.

Long and dusty road ahead, but at the end of it, all questions cease.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 07:03 am
@xexon,
xexon;69392 wrote:
In religious mythology, Satan is symbolic of the human mind. It belongs to this physical realm and is spiritually blind. It protects it's own individuality at the expense of becoming limited in perception. It "fell" from omniscience, not heaven.

Thinking is not required in omniscience, as it goes around the mental processes. You "see" rather than think. You see with the heart. Don't get hung up on definition here. I'm talking about your "higher" nature. The ability to feel. The mind makes it sit in the passenger seat for the most part.

Hell, is anything the mind can't figure out. "God" being the most tormenting of all.

It hears stories here in this world. Stories from beyond...

It prompts the mind to inquire further. A spiritual path always begins as a mental question.

Long and dusty road ahead, but at the end of it, all questions cease.

x

I never quite know how to take you. If memory serves, and I did nit back check but I recall sometimes agreeing with you and sometimes not.

You may be some kind of --with respect-- idiot savant.

You are bang on on the spiritual quest and are right in saying that once reaching knowledge and wisdom, questions stop.
That means that you have dithered it all out and know God. Or at least what most incorrectly call God.
If lucky that is when you have an apotheosis.
Did you have one?

Unfortunatly, if wise, then you know that that when you are enlightened, when duty takes over and you must then question others even more to try to lead them on the right path.

I like to think that that is where I sit at present.

Regards
DL
xexon

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 10:31 am
@Greatest I am cv,
There is such a thing as "soul age" of sorts. Physical age is a moot point.

Is it not the place of an older brother to help their younger brothers and sisters along? Out of compassion? Out of knowing what it was like at that age?

This applies to those who are developing spiritually even more. Because they too are fixing to make the jump from physics to metaphysics. From belief to direct perception.

The world is truly reborn around you. Not that it has changed, but you have more depth of perception than you ever thought possible. You are a child again. In wonder of it all.

A child with the wisdom of the ages.

A child with no further questions.

Now you can play.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 12:31 am
@xexon,
xexon;69394 wrote:
There is such a thing as "soul age" of sorts. Physical age is a moot point.

Is it not the place of an older brother to help their younger brothers and sisters along? Out of compassion? Out of knowing what it was like at that age?

x

This I do not agree with.

All we owe each other as humans is truth as we know it.

To withhold knowledge is counter productive to growth.

We are our brothers keeper.

For evil and evil ideas to grow in our brothers, all good men need do is nothing.
Withholding knowledge is doing nothing.

Are you not thankful that knowledge was not withheld from you?

Regards
DL
xexon

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 10:16 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Enlightenment teaches that nothing is withheld.

Humans have a problem with reception.

Because they lack the compassion that acts as the antenna.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 20 Dec, 2009 11:49 pm
@xexon,
xexon;69401 wrote:
Enlightenment teaches that nothing is withheld.

Humans have a problem with reception.

Because they lack the compassion that acts as the antenna.

x

Perhaps that and the realities of peer pressure and indoctrination coupled with mental laziness.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Whatever cv

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 03:13 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69380 wrote:

Didn't God make your rules in the "Thou Shalt Not" columns?
Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 09:40 am
@Whatever cv,
Whatever!;69416 wrote:
Didn't God make your rules in the "Thou Shalt Not" columns?

Go never made any rule that was not articulated by man.

Regards
DL
Whatever cv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:31 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69435 wrote:
Go never made any rule that was not articulated by man.

Regards
DL

Huh? So, you are denying the existence of a deity? cool.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 11:06 am
@Whatever cv,
Whatever!;69444 wrote:
Huh? So, you are denying the existence of a deity? cool.

My signature shows what my apotheosis taught me.

Regards
DL
Whatever cv

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 12:13 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69457 wrote:
My signature shows what my apotheosis taught me.

Regards
DL

So, simply put, there is no deity according to you, right?:dunno:
billcompugeek

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 01:20 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69380 wrote:

The truth is that you are in freedom if you follow the commandments. This is not understood by people who reject the idea that hell is acting on the world and trying to infulence your will and what you do. The Lord through heaven also influences the will and actions of people.

The Holy Bible clearly states that you serve one master or the other. There is nothing in between. Turning from one master is turning to the other master.

Swedenborg states "a perception of the sphere of falsity from evil that flows forth from hell has often been granted me. It was like a perpetual effort to destroy all that is good and true, combined with anger and a kind of fury at not being able to do so, especially an effort to annihilate and destroy the Divine of the Lord, and this because all good and truth are from Him. But out of heaven a sphere of truth and good was perceived, whereby the fury of the effort ascending from hell was restrained. The result of this was an equilibrium. This sphere from heaven was perceived to come from the Lord alone, although it appeared to come from the angels in heaven. It is from the Lord alone, and not from the angels, because every angel in heaven acknowledges that nothing of good and truth is from himself, but all is from the Lord" (Heaven and Hell n. 538).
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 01:22 am
@Whatever cv,
Whatever!;69469 wrote:
So, simply put, there is no deity according to you, right?:dunno:

Not in the miracle working deity that you, or most, know.

If you are asking if there is a better mind or consciousness than man's, I would have to say yes.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 01:28 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;69472 wrote:
The truth is that you are in freedom if you follow the commandments. This is not understood by people who reject the idea that hell is acting on the world and trying to infulence your will and what you do. The Lord through heaven also influences the will and actions of people.

The Holy Bible clearly states that you serve one master or the other. There is nothing in between. Turning from one master is turning to the other master.

Swedenborg states "a perception of the sphere of falsity from evil that flows forth from hell has often been granted me. It was like a perpetual effort to destroy all that is good and true, combined with anger and a kind of fury at not being able to do so, especially an effort to annihilate and destroy the Divine of the Lord, and this because all good and truth are from Him. But out of heaven a sphere of truth and good was perceived, whereby the fury of the effort ascending from hell was restrained. The result of this was an equilibrium. This sphere from heaven was perceived to come from the Lord alone, although it appeared to come from the angels in heaven. It is from the Lord alone, and not from the angels, because every angel in heaven acknowledges that nothing of good and truth is from himself, but all is from the Lord" (Heaven and Hell n. 538).

More dogmatic B S.

Hell and it's existence must be based on moral and justice principles.

Let's see if it is a moral and just place by asking and answering this simple question.

Is it just and moral to have a sinner who can only sin for 120 years, to have him spend 120000000000000000000000000+ years in punishment and torment?

Regards
DL
billcompugeek

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 01:51 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69474 wrote:
More dogmatic B S.

Hell and it's existence must be based on moral and justice principles.

Let's see if it is a moral and just place by asking and answering this simple question.

Is it just and moral to have a sinner who can only sin for 120 years, to have him spend 120000000000000000000000000+ years in punishment and torment?

Regards
DL

A person can only feel that way if they put themselves up as the ultimate judge. Only the Lord - the true ultimate judge - knows who has confirmed themselves in evil and who has not confirmed themselves in evil.

The Lord has plenty of second chances for those that have not confirmed themselves in evil.
Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 02:03 am
@billcompugeek,
billcompugeek;69477 wrote:
A person can only feel that way if they put themselves up as the ultimate judge. Only the Lord - the true ultimate judge - knows who has confirmed themselves in evil and who has not confirmed themselves in evil.

The Lord has plenty of second chances for those that have not confirmed themselves in evil.

Dogma.

Your judge is an absentee judge and is therefore irrelevant to mankind.

Regards
DL
billcompugeek

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 02:14 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;69478 wrote:
Dogma.

Your judge is an absentee judge and is therefore irrelevant to mankind.

Regards
DL

As the Bible states, if you don't have a "wedding garment" at the "wedding feast" you are removed from the wedding feast. That doesn't sound irrelevant to me but something to carefully consider.