Most here attack or defend. Are there any that just seek God.

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:17 am
@xexon,
xexon;64206 wrote:
You identify with the Christian image of what God is supposed to be. A being of some sort. Maybe sitting on a throne.

"Indentify" is probably the wrong word, but I see what you're getting at. God by definition is a "being". Seems you believe in some sort of divine force lacking any form.

Quote:
The God I know is an endless sea of conscious energy. The "kingdom". No form of itself, yet capable of assuming all.

Sounds like the Hindu Brahman.

Quote:
You have created the very world that surrounds you. The ultimate virtual reality. You're role playing and you don't even realize it. Because you woke with with the human mask already on.

Your soul has some interesting abilities. To create and project what it desires. Your whole human identity and the world around it, forms a kind of cocoon around your perception, so that you will experience it as you would an IMAX movie.

It puts you in the picture, to the exclusion of everything else.

You "fall" from heaven. Losing your omnicent vision. Losing sight of "God". Now you only see the human world. And your mind is intoxicated with it.

Even if this was true, i see no reason to believe it as long as it is unjustified.

Quote:
Takes many lifetimes to break this addiction. Because the mind and the ego it contains, is the real great Satan. Powerful. Seductive. Demanding.

Ego? You are mistaken. I have let go of my ego long ago. To accept the naturalist version of the universe you must let go of your ego. To accept that mankind is just another species of animal, there is no ego is this. To accept than mankind is just one species of animal, at one tiny moment of time, on one planet, in one solar system, in one galaxy, in the huge universe requires you to let go of your ego.

On the other hand, to believe mankind is special, to believe that all that is good was created for us, to believe that we hold some divine truth that others do not, this fosters ego-centrism, it does not diminish it.

Quote:
It's about the ability to feel. Compassion. Empathy.

Compassion and empathy are feelings that can come from natural sources.

Quote:
A child can know God.

Children tend to believe what they are told.
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 11:29 pm
@xexon,
xexon;64174 wrote:
I beg to differ.

There is a conscious energy behind your human identity. It has no mind to store beliefs in. It perceives directly. It's simply "on"

When you come to this world, part of the human package besides a body and brain, is the mind. The user interface of the mind is the ego. It contains the beliefs about self identity and how you're seen by others.

The ego is the real problem. Since it's input is limited to the 5 senses, it constructs an incomplete picture of reality based on this narrow slit it can see through. It believes it real, because it has nothing to compare it against that says differently.

The symbology of Satan falling from heaven, making this world his own, and ruling over it. "God", representing the totality of creation, is not seen here. This world is a world of division and duality, because this is the way the mind works.

Satan, the mind, tears God in half and declares one half better than the other.

Enlightened people see so such division. It's all God.

x

Thank God then that Eve listened to Satan, her mind and chose to eat of the tree of knowledge that gives us moral sense.

She did do the right thing, right?
Or would you give up your moral sense?

Regards
DL
xexon

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 12:37 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Morality is a belief. Subject to change. It belongs to the mind, not the spirit. It's in the same catagory as religion. It's learned behavior based on the feedback of others.

"Morality" is a system of beliefs that enables a harmonious existance within a group of people.

So maybe it's time we talked about the Golden Rule?

The Golden Rule is NOT based on morality but compassion. You're supposed to treat others as you wish to be treated. Correct?

Unless you are able to place yourself in their shoes, you cannot experience compassion for someone. You can hold them in your mind's eye as a concept of someone in need, but you'll be unable to see what they see or feel what they feel to any great degree.

The mind cannot "feel". Only the heart has that ability. You can have a great mind, be a good person. Moral. Upright. But still be spiritually deaf and dumb. Big business and government is full of such people. Compassion is not their strongpoint.

The Golden Rule is not learned behavior. It's an ability to feel the pain and pleasure of other's as if it were your own. When compassion has reached full bloom in a seeker, it has expanded outward to the very ends of creation. This is now your body, your kingdom.

When you see yourself in all things, how could you harm it?

This is what the Golden Rule is. It's not a law. It's an ability.

Compassion for all things. No matter how profane or vile they may seem to your human sensibilities.

All is God. Of which you are a part.

x
Greatest I am cv

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:15 am
@xexon,
xexon;64234 wrote:
Morality is a belief. Subject to change. It belongs to the mind, not the spirit. It's in the same catagory as religion. It's learned behavior based on the feedback of others.

"Morality" is a system of beliefs that enables a harmonious existance within a group of people.

So maybe it's time we talked about the Golden Rule?

The Golden Rule is NOT based on morality but compassion. You're supposed to treat others as you wish to be treated. Correct?

Unless you are able to place yourself in their shoes, you cannot experience compassion for someone. You can hold them in your mind's eye as a concept of someone in need, but you'll be unable to see what they see or feel what they feel to any great degree.

The mind cannot "feel". Only the heart has that ability. You can have a great mind, be a good person. Moral. Upright. But still be spiritually deaf and dumb. Big business and government is full of such people. Compassion is not their strongpoint.

The Golden Rule is not learned behavior. It's an ability to feel the pain and pleasure of other's as if it were your own. When compassion has reached full bloom in a seeker, it has expanded outward to the very ends of creation. This is now your body, your kingdom.

When you see yourself in all things, how could you harm it?

This is what the Golden Rule is. It's not a law. It's an ability.

Compassion for all things. No matter how profane or vile they may seem to your human sensibilities.

All is God. Of which you are a part.

x

"When you see yourself in all things, how could you harm it?"

I do not want to see myself in my food.

The heart is a pump. Pumps do not feel. Only the mind can create feelings.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 01:58 am
@xexon,
xexon;64234 wrote:

Not so much beliefs as expected behavior.

Quote:
The mind cannot "feel". Only the heart has that ability.

An old aphorism based on faulty knowledge that is all too pervasive. The only reason people relate the heart with love and other feelings is because of the misunderstandings of the ancient Egyptians who thought the heart was the center of thinking and feeling within the body. Of course today we know the brain is the center of thinking and feeling not the heart. People use the aphorism as if it were gospel.
0 Replies