Will your God have a New name at End Time?

Greatest I am cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 10:30 am
@Greatest I am cv,
STNGfan

The Bible warns of this type of view.
You are looking at the small picture. You recognize the woes and this is good but if you take the long view you will see that there are wars and rumors of wars but not as many as before.
There are many woes but not as many as before.
When more recognize the philosophy of God there will be even less.
Remember that our first two instructions were to multiply and seek God.
We are doing both of these quite well.
Look for the good that counteract the evil and you will see God at work.

Regards
DL
STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 11:20 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Greatest I am;31097 wrote:
STNGfan

The Bible warns of this type of view.
You are looking at the small picture. You recognize the woes and this is good but if you take the long view you will see that there are wars and rumors of wars but not as many as before.
There are many woes but not as many as before.
When more recognize the philosophy of God there will be even less.
Remember that our first two instructions were to multiply and seek God.
We are doing both of these quite well.
Look for the good that counteract the evil and you will see God at work.

Regards
DL

Yes the bible warns of this type of view. The bible also said the world is flat, sell your daughters to your neighbors, it is ok to own slaves, you are to be killed for not working on the sabath, and other such things that have been proven false.

Just because it is in a book does not make it true. Do you believe everything written in a newspaper? or everythng you hear. You act the bible is unfailable and that is the problem with your logic.

the bible is full of failacies.

My thinking is just fine and that stuff written in the bible is to discredit people who actually think for themself and question. It is to control your thinking to keep you as a mindless drone and sadly it is working.

Again I ask any christian if God told you to kill a bunch of preschool kids... Would you do it???
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 11:54 am
@Greatest I am cv,
STNGfan

I am so sorry for your pain. I too was abused while growing up. Not as badly as you but enough that I made the decision that my children would never experience the things that I did.

I am not a religious zealot or a bible thumping kind of Christian. My personal philosophy is that man will be judged on the way he has served his fellow beings. I do attend Church regularly and I do read the scriptures and try to pattern my life so that I never feel guilty about how I conduct myself. I do have fun in life! But, I don't feel that I have to break the law of the land or my moral code to have this fun. Life is what you make it. I enjoy everything from floating down the river to pruning my roses to holding my grandkids to watching football! Fun is in the small moments that make you truly appreciate the life you have.

I don't believe that God intervenes in our lives just on a whim. He sent an example for us to follow. Hopefully we would follow the good.

I cannot explain the evil in men's hearts that they do such horrible things to each other. But, I can explain the comfort I receive by having a faith in Christ. Each has to find his own comfort and deal with adversity in the way that they can. Maybe just posting on these boards helps you deal with some of your pain. I will read your posts and debate with you and maybe we can become friends!
STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 12:51 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;31115 wrote:
STNGfan

I am so sorry for your pain. I too was abused while growing up. Not as badly as you but enough that I made the decision that my children would never experience the things that I did.

I am not a religious zealot or a bible thumping kind of Christian. My personal philosophy is that man will be judged on the way he has served his fellow beings. I do attend Church regularly and I do read the scriptures and try to pattern my life so that I never feel guilty about how I conduct myself. I do have fun in life! But, I don't feel that I have to break the law of the land or my moral code to have this fun. Life is what you make it. I enjoy everything from floating down the river to pruning my roses to holding my grandkids to watching football! Fun is in the small moments that make you truly appreciate the life you have.

I don't believe that God intervenes in our lives just on a whim. He sent an example for us to follow. Hopefully we would follow the good.

I cannot explain the evil in men's hearts that they do such horrible things to each other. But, I can explain the comfort I receive by having a faith in Christ. Each has to find his own comfort and deal with adversity in the way that they can. Maybe just posting on these boards helps you deal with some of your pain. I will read your posts and debate with you and maybe we can become friends!

I do not break what you consider moral law because it is fun. What you consider moral and what I consider moral is two differnt things. I do not steal, or kill or beat on people. I do not take drugs or lie to hurt people. However I do not believe i have to be married to have sex. I think it perfectly moral to have sex before marriage. Just because I like a guy sexually does not mean I want to spend the rest of my life with him and if I do marry him if he is abusive or hurting my children I should not have to stay with him due to "moral" obligations. I believe in many sexual partners for different kinds of people and that it perfectly normal to feel good sexuality and share that with others as long as no one is getting hurt emotionally or being used. I believe homosexuality is moral. Back in the bibilical times the human race was so small that every mating session needed to produce offspring to insure the survial of the species this would make homosexuality wrong because you cannot reproduce this way. However today humans have no need to reproduce infact I am happier with homosexuals having sex because they are not over populating the earth. I think lying is completely moral if your life is in danger or my childrens life is in danger.

Your morals are based on a 2,000 year old book in a culture that no longer exist.

My morals are based on "is it hurting anyone"
Homosexuals are not hurting anyone by having sex with each other. Swingers are not hurting anyone and burning a flag is not hurting anyone.
To me I am breaking your god moral values but not my own moral values. I do not do it out of fun I break your gods moral values because I do not think they are valuable.
westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 01:02 pm
@STNGfan,
[Your morals are based on a 2,000 year old book in a culture that no longer exist.

Homosexuals are not hurting anyone by having sex with each other. Swingers are not hurting anyone and burning a flag is not hurting anyone.
To me I am breaking your god moral values but not my own moral values. I do not do it out of fun I break your gods moral values because I do not think they are valuable.[/QUOTE]

You might have noticed in my post I said "my moral code". We each have our own code and if yours isn't infringing on mine - have at it!

Does that make either of us wrong? No. Just different. No harm in that.

I have a daughter that has left her family of three children and a wonderful husband to have a lesbian relationship. Do I approve? No. It destroyed two family units. Do I still love her? YES! She will always be my daughter no matter what choices she makes. Will I ever accept her "life partner"? No. Why? Not because she is a lesbian but because she is mean-spirited person that treats my grandkids horribly.

Don't be so quick to judge those of us who believe in Christianity. We aren't all bad people! We all experience the same ups and downs in our lives. It's how we deal with them that makes us different. And, all Christians aren't the same.
mako cv

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:31 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Ma'am, I stand in awe...that was the best danged answer that I have seen in several years on many different forums! GOOD ANSWER! (Are yew sure y'all ain't a Texican?") LOL :patriot:
westernmom

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 03:54 pm
@mako cv,
mako;31151 wrote:
Ma'am, I stand in awe...that was the best danged answer that I have seen in several years on many different forums! GOOD ANSWER! (Are yew sure y'all ain't a Texican?") LOL :patriot:

Are ya talkin' to me? I hope so!
STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:21 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;31120 wrote:
[Your morals are based on a 2,000 year old book in a culture that no longer exist.

To me I am breaking your god moral values but not my own moral values. I do not do it out of fun I break your gods moral values because I do not think they are valuable.

You might have noticed in my post I said "my moral code". We each have our own code and if yours isn't infringing on mine - have at it!

Does that make either of us wrong? No. Just different. No harm in that.

I have a daughter that has left her family of three children and a wonderful husband to have a lesbian relationship. Do I approve? No. It destroyed two family units. Do I still love her? YES! She will always be my daughter no matter what choices she makes. Will I ever accept her "life partner"? No. Why? Not because she is a lesbian but because she is mean-spirited person that treats my grandkids horribly.

Don't be so quick to judge those of us who believe in Christianity. We aren't all bad people! We all experience the same ups and downs in our lives. It's how we deal with them that makes us different. And, all Christians aren't the same.[/QUOTE]

You are right not all christian are bad. I did not mean to judge you. I am glad you know what unconditional love is. I am sorry if I pegged you as a zealot or an extremist. It is hard to tell who is who.
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:22 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
You are right not all christian are bad. I did not mean to judge you. I am glad you know what unconditional love is. I am sorry if I pegged you as a zealot or an extremist. It is hard to tell who is who.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 06:32 pm
@westernmom,
westernmom;31152 wrote:
Yes he was and i have to agree with him.
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 07:09 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Oh what ever Drnaline. Suck up? much?
0 Replies

mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:17 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:

Yes Ma'am, I sure was. That was a great answer. We may not agree in our philosophies, but I do recognize greatness when confronted with it! LOL :patriot:
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:19 am
@Greatest I am cv,
If all this love thing keeps popping up here we might ruin the arguments.
Oh well. God is a God of love. He may have popped up here. Right on.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:27 am
@Greatest I am cv,
Thanks everyone. I think what it all boils down to is respect.

We can have differing opinions and can express and debate them. I doubt anyone will ever convert anyone else by doing this but maybe we can learn something about tolerance.
0 Replies

STNGfan

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 01:54 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Oh yes tolerance.. ROLFMOA!! When people call witches satan worshipers and say the pentagram cannot use used in public, that atheist have no set of moral and values and then consider yourself tolerant!! When homosexuals can be fired from jobs or cannot marry because of Christians tolerants. I will remember your words. LOL
Drnaline

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 01:57 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;31376 wrote:
Oh yes tolerance.. ROLFMOA!! When people call witches satan worshipers and say the pentagram cannot use used in public, that atheist have no set of moral and values and then consider yourself tolerant!! When homosexuals can be fired from jobs or cannot marry because of Christians tolerants. I will remember your words. LOL

Very tolerant of you.
westernmom

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:13 pm
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;31376 wrote:

You've really had some bad experiences, haven't you? Like I said, maybe we can learn to be tolerant but it has to go both ways. You respect me and I respect you. I realize that respect needs to be earned but sometimes it's better to just show it first and hope the other is deserving.

It's not only Christians that aren't tolerant of those things. Have you ever lived in a Muslim country? See how far your thinking gets you there. Be glad you live in a Christian society or you wouldn't be voicing your opinion quite so loudly.

Also, with the ACLU around how can a homosexual be fired from a job for just that reason these days? Now, maybe he was late for work, stealing, lazy, etc.
mako cv

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 02:29 pm
@Greatest I am cv,
Quote:
If all this love thing keeps popping up here we might ruin the arguments.

DL, I am coming to appreciate your dry sense of humor
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I think what it all boils down to is respect.

Agreed
Quote:
Oh yes tolerance.. ROLFMOA!!
Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:07 am
@STNGfan,
STNGfan;31376 wrote:

All religions have lessons to learn.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am cv

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:09 am
@mako cv,
mako;31386 wrote:

Thanks.

Regards
DL
0 Replies