The Book of Questions

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:43 pm
I have this book. I also have "the book of love & sex questions" These books are great for coffee table topics I think. If you have this book (or not)- feel free to ask some questions ...

here's one:

Which of the following restrictions could you best tolerate:
1. Leaving the country permanently, or
2. Never leaving the state in which you now live

http://www.nickles.com/common/graphics/rig-question-mark.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,677 • Replies: 27
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:48 pm
I'd leave the country permanently because at least that way I'd have the rest of the world to enjoy. To be locked in one state would be sort of like prison.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:48 pm
But I guess that's a no-brainer, huh.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:49 pm
only for some *shrug*
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:50 pm
And your choice would be?
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 06:56 pm
the same as you actually. i'd LOVE to travel to see the rest of the world.....i'm a bit sheltered on that front.

what another?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 08:07 pm
Book of questions
It sounds provincial, but I think I'd stay with the state. Of course, some states may be more livable or interesting than others - I like to think I live in one.

The overarching fact of the country means that even if I am limited to one state, there would be a philosophy, a state of mind - if I could put it that way - beyond the geographical boundaries of my state.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 08:16 pm
I likely will leave the country at some point in the not very distant future, leave it to live elsewhere, although i would still be able to return now and again for whatever frivolous reason moved me . . .

Lay another one on us, Boss . . .
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 08:55 pm
Yeah. I've been elsewhere, but I live best in Massachussetts...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 09:16 pm
I need more details. For example, if I stayed out of state, would I have any money to travel? Could I afford a villa for friends and family to visit? If so, I might do that.
0 Replies

MercyMy

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 09:31 pm
I'd leave the country. Not because my state is so bad, but because the country is!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 01:03 am
I no longer feel the need to travel. I'll stay in my state. I have no great love of my state. But my home town--and favorite city--is in my state.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 02:56 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I'd leave the country permanently because at least that way I'd have the rest of the world to enjoy. To be locked in one state would be sort of like prison.

Yup!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 03:32 am
I live in a province, so I'm not sure I qualify for this test.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:04 am
osso, sorry, there's no 'extra info' you've gotta make a decision from .....WITHIN teeheehee...

cav: if the smallest thing in Canada is a province then i guess you'll have to use that....but you still qualify.

here's anodda one:

When you are given a compliment - do you ususally acknowledge it or suggest that you do not deserve it?
http://www.nickles.com/common/graphics/rig-question-mark.gif

I'll tell ya right now. I COMPLIMENT MY DAMNED SELF :-) I always acknowledge compliments, because I feel they're well deserved. If the person didn't think so - they wouldn't give it. If it's a compliment for a favor of somekind, I usually say something like 'shut up' or 'stop trying to flatter me' but generally I'll do the favor anyhow.

let me know when ya want another :-) If someone else has a thought provoker - feel free to ask it. I love to ask my husband these questions, and those from the 'book of love & sex questions"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:07 am
As a chef, I practically live for compliments. Artistic pretentions aside, let's face it, it's the accolades at the end of the night that make all the hard work worthwhile.
0 Replies

the prince

onyxelle wrote:

When you are given a compliment - do you ususally acknowledge it or suggest that you do not deserve it?

I just flash my charming smile and say "Thank you"

So you have a book of questions on sex as well.....hmmm.....<thinking what is that I always wanted to ask but never could> Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cavfancier

Keep 'em coming, these are fun.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:26 am
right-o jolly chap.give a sec...
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 05:30 am
onyxelle wrote:

I'll tell ya right now. I COMPLIMENT MY DAMNED SELF :-)

yeah... I'd kinda figured. Should get you one of those small cars formerly made in Yugoslavia. Then we could call you Yugo Girl!
0 Replies