Holes in the Plot: The Flood of Genesis

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:41 pm
I found this interesting...

The longest wood ship in the modern world is abou 300 ft long (150 ft shorter then the ark) and requires metal braces to support it's own weight. Braces which weren't invented back then..

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,370 • Replies: 60
No top replies

Adam Bing

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43910 wrote:
I found this interesting...

The longest wood ship in the modern world is abou 300 ft long (150 ft shorter then the ark) and requires metal braces to support it's own weight. Braces which weren't invented back then..

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

What you are suggesting is impossible. Now that we have confirmed Dinosaurs were also on the ark, they must have had not just metal braces but titanium bolts and similar material to handle that weight.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
what?
Adam Bing

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 01:02 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43981 wrote:
what?

Sorry Silverchild. Couldn't resist messing with you a bit. Of course you are correct in your assessment. Cheers.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 04:16 pm
@Adam Bing,
how did moses save the termites from certain destruction?

:dunno:
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 11:13 am
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43979 wrote:
What you are suggesting is impossible. Now that we have confirmed Dinosaurs were also on the ark, they must have had not just metal braces but titanium bolts and similar material to handle that weight.

Even Inca ruins have been found to contain metal braces, and they were braces to support Inca stone walls. The fact is there were many things that existed back then that few consider even today.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:24 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44266 wrote:
Even Inca ruins have been found to contain metal braces, and they were braces to support Inca stone walls. The fact is there were many things that existed back then that few consider even today.

If you take the Noah's Ark story as literal fact you are a fool!

There are too many problems with the ark story namely:
1. one man and his sons cannot build a boat of that size in time
2. The boat would have to support it's own weight
3. despite size it would still have to float
4. the animals couldn't have all come to noah (some can't swim)
5. Noah would have to know of all unknown animals
6. The boat wouldn't be big enough to hold all of earths animals
7. Noah would have to determine gender of all animals
8. the animals would need enough food to survive the flood
9. geology doesn't support idea of global flood
10. Aniamls couldn't eat eachother durring the trip
11. none of the animals could die durring the flood
12. the animals couldn't dammage the ark (termites, woodpeckers etc.)
13. The two animals of each species would have to be interested in each other
14. How did Noah repopulate?
15. How did boat dock after flood?
16. Animals couldn't have eaten Noah
17. Noah would have returned all animals to prospective habitats
18. There wouldn't be the variety of animals if story is true
19. Ark wouldn't been able to shelter all aniamls
20. How did noah give the animals water?
etc...
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 04:59 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44282 wrote:
If you take the Noah's Ark story as literal fact you are a fool!

There are too many problems with the ark story namely:
1. one man and his sons cannot build a boat of that size in time
2. The boat would have to support it's own weight
3. despite size it would still have to float
4. the animals couldn't have all come to noah (some can't swim)
5. Noah would have to know of all unknown animals
6. The boat wouldn't be big enough to hold all of earths animals
7. Noah would have to determine gender of all animals
8. the animals would need enough food to survive the flood
9. geology doesn't support idea of global flood
10. Aniamls couldn't eat eachother durring the trip
11. none of the animals could die durring the flood
12. the animals couldn't dammage the ark (termites, woodpeckers etc.)
13. The two animals of each species would have to be interested in each other
14. How did Noah repopulate?
15. How did boat dock after flood?
16. Animals couldn't have eaten Noah
17. Noah would have returned all animals to prospective habitats
18. There wouldn't be the variety of animals if story is true
19. Ark wouldn't been able to shelter all aniamls
20. How did noah give the animals water?
etc...

Even in my own life I have seen things that looked impossible to me, yet the God I know has a way of working out those little details. The Bible tells us, all things are possible with God. And I don't doubt any of it, because I'm one of those who has seen His power.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:04 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44286 wrote:
Even in my own life I have seen things that looked impossible to me, yet the God I know has a way of working out those little details. The Bible tells us, all things are possible with God. And I don't doubt any of it, because I'm one of those who has seen His power.

Even in my own life I have seen things that looked impossible to me, yet the Allah I know has a way of working out those little details. The Qur'an tells us, all things are possible with Allah. And I don't doubt any of it, because I'm one of those who has seen His power

[SIZE="3"]This is how valid your post looks to an atheist![/SIZE]
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:07 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
The problem is, that your faith is not enough when we are talking about actual physical limitations, the answer you gave is a COP OUT, i showed you this by using the same argument from a different religion...
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:30 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44289 wrote:
The problem is, that your faith is not enough when we are talking about actual physical limitations, the answer you gave is a COP OUT, i showed you this by using the same argument from a different religion...

And yet when one shows a non believer physical evidence that supports the Biblical account of the Children of Israel crossing the Red Sea, and the remains of pharoahs coral incrusted army, then they say, "this is not evidence". Who's doing the COP OUT now. Also, God does not have to work within our physical laws. So trying to make one conform to your physical limitations is not a COP OUT. Try asking the pharoah about God having to work within the physical laws the next time you see him.
AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: The Red Sea Crossing
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 05:44 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44293 wrote:
And yet when one shows a non believer physical evidence that supports the Biblical account of the Children of Israel crossing the Red Sea, and the remains of pharoahs coral incrusted army, then they say, "this is not evidence". Who's doing the COP OUT now. Also, God does not have to work within our physical laws. So trying to make one conform to your physical limitations is not a COP OUT. Try asking the pharoah about God having to work within the physical laws the next time you see him.
AccordingtotheScriptures.org :: The Red Sea Crossing

where is this evidence you speak of?

you say that god does not work within our world's physical limitations, but how do you come to this conclusion? this is no basis for that claim. Everything in our universe works with the physical limitations it would be illogical to assume that god was the exception, thats like pulling out 999 yellow tenis balls out of a bag then assuming the next one will be green :wtf:
Campbell34

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:00 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44296 wrote:
where is this evidence you speak of?

you say that god does not work within our world's physical limitations, but how do you come to this conclusion? this is no basis for that claim. Everything in our universe works with the physical limitations it would be illogical to assume that god was the exception, thats like pulling out 999 yellow tenis balls out of a bag then assuming the next one will be green :wtf:

Some of the evidence is below my last statement, which is found on my previous post. Just click on the link below it. I came to the conclusion that God does not have to work within our worlds physical limitations by my own experiences with God. Also by the claims I have read about in the Bible, and by the claims of other Christians. It would not seem illogical to you, because you donot know Him. The God I worship is light years beyond are physical limitations, yet He has taken the time to introduce Himself to humankind. Most humans are not that intrested in Him.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 08:03 pm
@Silverchild79,
Noah was suspiciously connected to Gilgamesh, someone he never knew.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 02:56 pm
@Campbell34,
Campbell34;44311 wrote:
Some of the evidence is below my last statement, which is found on my previous post. Just click on the link below it. I came to the conclusion that God does not have to work within our worlds physical limitations by my own experiences with God. Also by the claims I have read about in the Bible, and by the claims of other Christians. It would not seem illogical to you, because you donot know Him. The God I worship is light years beyond our physical limitations, yet He has taken the time to introduce Himself to humankind. Most humans are not that intrested in Him.

Biased christain sources don't count as credible evidence, show me scientific sources!!!

heresay is not suffiecient to prove anything, many people say they saw bigfoot and i suppose you would believe that as well, right? You say that it is illogical to me because i don't know god, but logic is not conditional! Something is either logical or it isn't, but it doesn't change whether you believe in some cosmic deity or not! The fact that you forego the use of logic is quite scary to me..:eek:
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 03:18 pm
@Silverchild79,
Average rainfall during the literal biblical flood would have been 400 inches and hour to achive full coverage

the raniest place in America registers 67 inches a year

there isn't enough water on earth to produce such a flood

and all that water in the atmosphere at once pre flood would have made it impossible to sustain mammal life on earth
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 03:51 pm
@Adam Bing,
Adam Bing;43979 wrote:

http://www.enginevoodoo.com/images/arkbad.jpg
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 05:24 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;44354 wrote:

Ha, thats funny as hell!

:beerchug:
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 05:37 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;44354 wrote:

post of the year
0 Replies

Campbell34

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 11:48 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44337 wrote:
Biased christain sources don't count as credible evidence, show me scientific sources!!!

heresay is not suffiecient to prove anything, many people say they saw bigfoot and i suppose you would believe that as well, right? You say that it is illogical to me because i don't know god, but logic is not conditional! Something is either logical or it isn't, but it doesn't change whether you believe in some cosmic deity or not! The fact that you forego the use of logic is quite scary to me..:eek:

Ok hows this, bias science web sites that support evolution will not be accepted by me. If you want me to consider evolution, I will only do so when you show me your proof provided by fundamentalist Christians.
The fact is, the site provided here has actual pictures above and below the water line. Also, if your intrested Dr. Moller is another one you might consider, because he did a study of the same area. Even producing a movie on the topic. The fact is, some of your science buddies I have no doubt have heard of this site, yet none of them are rushing there. Believers in evolution for years have turned a deaf ear to (any) evidence that might prove them wrong. What is amazing to me, is how you talk about logic, and yet in the same breath just ignore evidence that should be considered, and then you just write it off to bias christian sources. You are doing just what every other believer in evolution is doing. You just ignore the evidence.