The New Crusades

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 06:01 am
I call upon Christians everywhere to rally and launch the Crusades, Part II. The Holy Land belongs to Christians, and Islam is a lethal threat we must face and defeat, permanently. Let us stop chasing our tails, intellectually, and bravely march forward to accomplish this sacred mission. :rocketwhore:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,941 • Replies: 50
No top replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 06:46 am
@Pinochet73,
How many times have you guys tried this?
Reagaknight

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 12:59 pm
@Pinochet73,
Oh, Christianity as a whole has been trying to get it to happen forever, behind closed doors, of course. We've already started preliminary plans for a Crusade against atheists/agnostics for afterward, sort of like a dessert, we're starting by bombing California and then we'll have an Inquisition everywhere else. Smile
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 04:09 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52498 wrote:
Oh, Christianity as a whole has been trying to get it to happen forever, behind closed doors, of course. We've already started preliminary plans for a Crusade against atheists/agnostics for afterward, sort of like a dessert, we're starting by bombing California and then we'll have an Inquisition everywhere else. Smile

that won't happen especially when you realize how many of us there actually are

atheism+agnosticism is the 3rd largest belief in the world, and in america there is a shrinking % of christians.... :peace:
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 07:51 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
that won't happen especially when you realize how many of us there actually are

atheism+agnosticism is the 3rd largest belief in the world, and in america there is a shrinking % of christians....

There were a hell of a lot of Muslims during the Crusades too, didn't stop em then.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 10:22 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52545 wrote:
There were a hell of a lot of Muslims during the Crusades too, didn't stop em then.

Many atheists and agnostics hold positions of power and have access to the same technology as christians do, the same couldn't be said of the medieval muslims

would you be surprised to find out that the richest man in the world is an agnostic?
Reagaknight

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 07:33 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
Many atheists and agnostics hold positions of power and have access to the same technology as christians do, the same couldn't be said of the medieval muslims

would you be surprised to find out that the richest man in the world is an agnostic?

1. Many would say that Muslims were even more advanced than the Christians (not me, but in terms of military ability, under the conditions they were equal.

2. Microsoft sucks (I assume that's who you mean.)
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:37 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;52474 wrote:
How many times have you guys tried this?

Touche.Very Happy

Nevertherless, we should keep trying. Victory lies in the struggle.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:38 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;52560 wrote:

It certainly isn't you.:rollinglaugh:
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 06:21 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52606 wrote:
1. Many would say that Muslims were even more advanced than the Christians (not me, but in terms of military ability, under the conditions they were equal.

At the time, Islam was the more advanced society technologically. They had their renaissance while we were in the "dark ages", something we really don't like talking about.
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 03:49 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;52729 wrote:
At the time, Islam was the more advanced society technologically. They had their renaissance while we were in the "dark ages", something we really don't like talking about.

If you say so.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:06 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52744 wrote:
If you say so.

Wiki the Pedia Smile

Islamic Golden Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dark Ages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Renaissance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, we were the barbarians at the time.
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 07:12 pm
@Pinochet73,
Lo and behold, what was one of the main contributing factors to the decline of that culture?

The goddamn crusades.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Mon 4 Feb, 2008 08:04 pm
@Sabz5150,

Even wikipedia can't get away without a very minor criticism section. It doesn't come close to the full spectrum.

Look at this: Qur'an and Science

Stuff about the Golden Age is at the bottom, but I've provided the full link. There's other subjects (including Crusades): TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 05:58 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52756 wrote:
Even wikipedia can't get away without a very minor criticism section. It doesn't come close to the full spectrum.

Look at this: Qur'an and Science

Stuff about the Golden Age is at the bottom, but I've provided the full link. There's other subjects (including Crusades): TheReligionofPeace.com - Islam: Making a True Difference in the World

You can get as nit-picky as you want, the fact still remains that they were a more advanced civilization both scientifically and technologically. This has nothing to do with any religion saying anything. When I referenced Islam, I was referring to the people of that area as a whole.

For the longest time, that area had a little knick knack called the Library of Alexandria. That helped that particular region out a whole lot in terms of science and technology.

Unfortunately nothing lasts forever.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 06:50 am
@Sabz5150,
Where do I sign up for the Crusades????
Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 12:30 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
You can get as nit-picky as you want, the fact still remains that they were a more advanced civilization both scientifically and technologically. This has nothing to do with any religion saying anything. When I referenced Islam, I was referring to the people of that area as a whole.

For the longest time, that area had a little knick knack called the Library of Alexandria. That helped that particular region out a whole lot in terms of science and technology.

Unfortunately nothing lasts forever.

I'm pretty sure that the Library of Alexandria wasn't around for much of Muslim rule (among the stories of its destruction, the one that said it happened at the latest point of all of the stories had the Muslims destroying it upon conquering the city.) "Nit-picky?" Hardly. A lot of criticisms of the Crusades can get 'nitpicky.'
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 02:17 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52774 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the Library of Alexandria wasn't around for much of Muslim rule (among the stories of its destruction, the one that said it happened at the latest point of all of the stories had the Muslims destroying it upon conquering the city.) "Nit-picky?" Hardly. A lot of criticisms of the Crusades can get 'nitpicky.'

There's also one that says the Christians destroyed it. Not to mention there's a lot of evidence against a Muslim destruction (mainly that it was a Christian hoax... surprise, surprise!).

The Library was around for quite some time and did advance that region quite a bit. Not around during their "golden age", it however did a whole lot towards helping them out.

Where exactly were the Christians scientifically during this time (both during the Lib's existence and during the Islam Renaissance)?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 03:11 pm
@Pinochet73,
Quote:
The Library was around for quite some time and did advance that region quite a bit. Not around during their "golden age", it however did a whole lot towards helping them out.

Okay, well, provide direct proof (that the stuff I posted has not refuted.)

Quote:
Where exactly were the Christians scientifically during this time (both during the Lib's existence and during the Islam Renaissance)?

Science was hardly the biggest profession at all. If you want to talk literature, philosophy, that's fine, but science was just not a big thing.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 04:32 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52795 wrote:
Okay, well, provide direct proof (that the stuff I posted has not refuted.)

Direct proof that a research facility of that size, capability and diversity helped everyone near it?

"The geographical diversity of the scholars suggests that the Library was in fact a major center for research and learning. In 2004, a Polish-Egyptian team found what they believe to be a part of the Library while excavating in the Bruchion region. The archaeologists unearthed thirteen "lecture halls", each with a central podium. Zahi Hawass, the president of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, said that all together, the rooms uncovered so far could have seated 5000 students; the picture thus presented is most certainly of a fairly massive research institution, especially for that time."

Simply by it's location, it was the crux of scientific knowledge and exchange for almost the entire ancient world. Any civilization near the thing benefited greatly from the exchange of knowledge that happened in there.

Quote:
Science was hardly the biggest profession at all. If you want to talk literature, philosophy, that's fine, but science was just not a big thing.

I beg to differ.

Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You underestimate what we lost.
0 Replies