Deliver Us From Evil - Another Jewish attack on Christianity

z0z0

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 05:39 am
@mousy,
mousy;13852 wrote:
pedophilia in the R.C.C. has been going on for centuries

Is the RC Church the only religious organization to have suffered this problem?

How about society as a whole?

Is the rate of pedophilia less than or greater than the rate in society as a whole?
markx15

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 09:44 am
@z0z0,
The diference is that in mainstream society people represent themselves, these men are representatives of a faith, it is demeaning to the faith for them to act this way.
0 Replies

z0z0

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:17 am
@z0z0,
If these men worked for as salesmen for IBM, should IBM suffer because of the problems of the men?

The main question is this - is the level of pedophilia in the RCC less than, equal to or greater than the level of pedophilia in the general population?
markx15

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:39 pm
@z0z0,
Quote:
If these men worked for as salesmen for IBM, should IBM suffer because of the problems of the men?

It depends did they do it on the job? If so the yes IBM will suffer problems for it, just like the priests of whatever religion that abused of the confidence given to them by molesting a child. Since you obviously know the answer to your own question please enlighten me, is the level of pedophilia higher amongnst priests?
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 02:44 pm
@z0z0,
I doubt that it is higher among priests. The level of pedophilic inclination among the general populace is much higher than those recognized as pedophiles, but those priests who are pedophiles have easier access, unfortunately, to victims. They are also a small percentage of the overall priesthood and many cases are undecided. For all we know, a lot of it can be mass hysteria( not saying it is, and I doubt it.)
0 Replies

z0z0

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 04:03 pm
@z0z0,
So far we have heard about maybe a dozen priests.

That is less than the number of Jewish Rabbis which I have shown.
Plus there are A LOT less Rabbis!
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:25 pm
@z0z0,
No, two dozen at least, I would say.
0 Replies

z0z0

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:49 pm
@z0z0,
I never heard of that many.
Just a handful or two of high visibility cases because the media made such a big stink.

Now think how many hundreds of thousands of priests there are world wide.
Now think of how few cases you heard of.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:35 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;13874 wrote:

The main question is this - is the level of pedophilia in the RCC less than, equal to or greater than the level of pedophilia in the general population?

Being that Catholics are the largest. On a population basis i would think the instance is very low for both? For a percentage, i wouldn't began to guess.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:36 pm
@z0z0,
But anti-Catholicism still manages to perpetuate itself by the so-called 'scandal'. There's other demographics with a lot of pedophiles, if you look at it from that point of view. You said rabbis, I think. How about teachers? They don't even take vows of celibacy, they aren't being withheld from 'natural' activities. And yet, no scandals with them. It's anti-Catholicism in the press, IMO.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 08:13 pm
@z0z0,
Quote:
It's anti-Catholicism in the press, IMO.

I would be inclined to agree.
chuckc cv

Fri 27 Apr, 2007 10:36 pm
@Drnaline,
Is it really anti-Catholicism?

Anti-Catholicism attitude? Or does the press coverage stem from the Church's cover up?

Had the Catholic Church been forthright sooner, maybe as soon as the scandals broke into the mainstream press, the press coverage may have been less dramatic.
markx15

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 01:46 am
@z0z0,
We've had at least a dozen of these events here in Brazil aswell
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 07:26 am
@z0z0,
Still, how many thousands of priests in Brazil? Can we really say they are all guilty just because there is a so-called scandal?

Let's look at other anti-Catholicism... the usual Christmas and Easter attacks on Christianity/Catholicism are touted by them. High profile newspapers with liberal editorial writers criticizing Catholicism for it's non-women ordination policy, priests can't get married, official conservative views, etc.

I know there were a few scandals, but necessary action was taken, usually.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 08:28 am
@chuckc cv,
chuckc;13929 wrote:
Is it really anti-Catholicism?

Anti-Catholicism attitude? Or does the press coverage stem from the Church's cover up?

Had the Catholic Church been forthright sooner, maybe as soon as the scandals broke into the mainstream press, the press coverage may have been less dramatic.
Quote:
the press coverage may have been less dramatic.
Press, less dramatic? BwaHahaha!
0 Replies

chuckc cv

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 09:06 am
@z0z0,
"Still, how many thousands of priests in Brazil? Can we really say they are all guilty just because there is a so-called scandal?"

I believe we cannot say ALL priests are guilty,

"Let's look at other anti-Catholicism... the usual Christmas and Easter attacks on Christianity/Catholicism are touted by them. High profile newspapers with liberal editorial writers criticizing Catholicism for it's non-women ordination policy, priests can't get married, official conservative views, etc. "

Let's....

Christmas and Easter protests are ridiculous. I don't care who you are or what religion you support or if you support none. Not sure of the exact protests you mention, but if it is regarding displaying Christmas/Easter decorations, no, no protest needed. I would offer those who protest Easter/Christmas could also decorate/celebrate on their religious days, or if no belief in God, celebrate life, as long as it adheres to the civic laws of the land. Provided further that those laws do not discriminate based on religious preference.

"I know there were a few scandals, but necessary action was taken, usually."

Based on the entire Catholic priest population, yes a few scandals. Not sure what you mean by necessary action. But I do know that in the majority of these cases, the priests were reassigned to different parishes, parishes containing children. In my estimation, I would assume, the Catholic Church also provided counseling. I would not consider that necessary action.

As far as the other issues, celebate priests, woman denied equality as ordained ministers, and official conservative position, I could continue....but I have a tendency to be longwinded. My apologies.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Sat 28 Apr, 2007 09:54 am
@z0z0,
I did not mean all priests, but all accused priests.

The protesting against these decorations only scratches the surface. I'm also talking about the Da Vinci Code and the Lost Tomb of Jesus, both, i believe, around Easter.

And the scandals I mention are those in which some bishops avoided responsibility by relocating priests, which are overcovered by the media. There are relatively few of those scandals among scandals.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Sun 29 Apr, 2007 07:43 pm
@z0z0,
Sorry boys this all sounds silly. I worked with a lot of Jewish folks in Vegas and none of them ever even talked about this hate of the other religions...I did know one guy who was an ex colonel with the OSI who was Jewish who disliked the French because they had been such pains in the ass when he was with American forces there...does that count
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:06 pm
@z0z0,
"It is quite a stretch to compare The Roman Catholic (RC) authorities and their relationship with priests to America's knowledge and lack of immediate action in stopping the Holocaust."

Yeah, it is. But so was your claim that the Catholic Church 'condoned' pedophilia by not taking more immediate and drastic action to uncover and route it. Do you actually believe the Church hierarchy looked upon it and said, "That's cool. Go for it"? Yeah....come to think of it, I suspect there might be a bit of prejudice in your thinking toward Catholicism. Did you know there were Protestant ministers outted by this scandal, as well? How does that affect your judgment of Protestantism?

Hey....Chuck....lemme me ask ya something -- are you perfect? I mean....have you ever made a mistake, gotten off easy, and kinda wiped off your brow, thinking, "Man, that was close. Thank God I got off."? Just curious. If so, you might want to ease up on the judgment. People make mistakes. All people.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Sun 29 Apr, 2007 08:15 pm
@z0z0,
"I worked with a lot of Jewish folks in Vegas and none of them ever even talked about this hate of the other religions..."

I'm referring to Jews in the media, Hollywood, publishing industry and Government. They rule in the first three.:no:
0 Replies