Jesus in Islam

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 01:03 pm
@pelitsnake,
Tulip,
While we are at the beginning, could you please account for how the Bible explains the Age of the earth? or perhaps more perplexing the dinosaur bones we seem to be finding everywhere on the earth? Also why is there no Geographical evidence of a world wide flood? Or best yet why the earth is indeed round and not flat?
The bible seems to have alot of problems with dealing with modern scientific truths. Is this a coincidence?
Sorry, this is just a side note I will get back to disecting the "good book" on my next post.
Tulip cv

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 01:41 pm
@Dmizer,
why? Get hold of a bible and read it yourself.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 02:13 pm
@pelitsnake,
Tulip,
I have a Bible, I have read it, and I must say I'm uninspired.
"read the bible" you say, well I have and given your self proclaimed superior religious views, I expect you to defend it. I laid down the Gauntlet, are you up to the challenge? or are you also uninspired?
I am afraid for this challenge however you will need more then, "because the bible says so" explanation to defend your faith. The bible is the foundation of your religion and it is the object of my scrutiny.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 06:03 pm
@pelitsnake,
Quote:
Also why is there no Geographical evidence of a world wide flood?

You have to understand that a world wide flood at that time would not need to cover all the continents, just where people lived, and to this day you can find shells and small pieces of coral in the southern Iraqi desert. Anyways, I find it unimportant to even have passages that portrate the land and cientific information. God gave us criative thinking and abstract intelligence, through those we can identify that the world is indeed round and not flat, why do you need that from a spiritual book?

Quote:
The bible seems to have alot of problems with dealing with modern scientific truths. Is this a coincidence?

The bible is not a source of information, it is an inspiring element. It gives you the dimension of the cristian FAITH, it is for those who believe, and wish to follow in Jesus's footsteps. The truth of the bible is not in the profetic passages that once interpreted refer to events way later in history, its veracity is in the fact that a person following those guidelines will be happy.

The people who wrote the bible where divinely inspired, but the ones who revised it and put it in the form we see today were not necessarily acting with the interest of difusing cristianity as it is, but many shaped it to their own agenda. The bible is not a source for factual information, it is an expression of faith and the possibilities for the faithful. Read inside the cover of your bible im sure it contains the following: "The bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers...It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully." That at least is in my New testament. The bible is not only doctrine, though you find alot of that in the old testament, Jesus explicitly shows that there are no closed rules to salvation, but there are guidelines which any believer can follow. He says that the path he teaches us is one way to salvation, but he doesn't say it is the only way.

Quote:
The bible is the foundation of your religion and it is the object of my scrutiny

Faith is the foundation of religion, you place higher importance on the book than the interpretation gathered from it. The book is nothing without the people. If you believe in and act acording to the guidelines established in the bible, you will become happy, and will feel fullfilled. Faith is the way to God, not literature.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 06:21 pm
@pelitsnake,
Quote:
Tulip,
I have a Bible, I have read it, and I must say I'm uninspired

well, l am sorry for you...thank you for sharing.

Quote:
"read the bible" you say, well I have

good for you...thanks for sharing.

Quote:
and given your self proclaimed superior religious views,

huh? were did l ever proclaim "superior" religious views?

Quote:
I expect you to defend it.

why? l don't need to defend my choices to you.

Quote:
I laid down the Gauntlet,

were? what guantlet???

Quote:
are you up to the challenge?

sure, but what challenge?

Quote:
or are you also uninspired?

oh, you are referring l suppose to your personal take on the bible? l have already posted my choice and what l think of the bible, it's okay with me if you don't agree, no sweat, l am Canadian we are into diversity and multi-culturism...i break bread with jews, muslims, hindus, buddists, whatever...

Quote:
I am afraid for this challenge however

well, why are you choosing to bring fear into your life...maybe counselling is needed here...oh, and by the by, l don't provide this, before you ask or...'throw down the guantlet'...

Quote:
you will need more then, "because the bible says so" explanation

actually the song goes..."yes jesus loves me, yes jesus loves me, yes jesus loves me for the bible tells me so..." l hope this little rendition makes you happy, it IS a catchy little tune, especially if you tap your foot in time....

Quote:
to defend your faith.

well that is the neat thing about my choice, l don't have to defend it, Jesus already paid the price...

Quote:
The bible is the foundation of your religion

if you say so...

Quote:
and it is the object of my scrutiny

welp, that works for me because we are precisely where we began, open the bible and scrutinize for as long as you want...

cheers! "Yes jesus loves me yes jesus loves me yes jesus loves me the bible tells me so...."
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 09:45 am
@pelitsnake,
fair enough Tulip,
We shall agree to disagree. I like your response though, They made me chuckle. "catchy little tune, especially if you tap your foot......". Good sense of humor Smile
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:19 pm
@Dmizer,
It takes more faith to not believe in God then it does to believe...
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:28 pm
@pelitsnake,
I'll drink to that.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:39 pm
@Dmizer,
cheers!:beerchug:
0 Replies