Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 01:55 pm
@pelitsnake,
Yes there is a reason, but is it valid?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 09:45 pm
@pelitsnake,
Quote:
Hi,
Drnaline, you are interperting what i said wrongly. I didn't say that i could justify them, i said that there must be a reason behind this.

Yes i know, you keep saying the same thing. Never answering the question.
If there is another reason, what is it?
0 Replies

Gaius

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 11:40 pm
@pelitsnake,
pelitsnake;8387 wrote:
most people Islam think that is a "terrorist religion" but as i know that is no the case. here is a breif introduction to Islam in video, click the link 5 min intro to Islam - Google Video

In the Qur'an, stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic) are abundant. The Qur'an recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Qur'an also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself. For more detailed information about what Muslims believe about Jesus, please visit the FAQ index page. Below are some direct quotations from the Qur'an regarding his life and teachings.
"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65)

"And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" (5:116-117).

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).

That may be great if their beliefs were not based on documents written some 500 years after Christs death as opposed to the 5-100 years observed in the various Gospel writings. I suppose you could maintain that philosophy though and do something like say head to Wal-Mart and ask an employee for some insight into Baconian theory.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 01:13 pm
@markx15,
LOL gaius, good point.

Quote:
most people Islam think that is a "terrorist religion" but as i know that is no the case.
peesn

I agree, it is not a "terrorist religion" , instead it is a "terrorist cult" in fact cultivating terrorism by word, and by action. However evil is weakened by good and that is why when Islamists move to western countries they become less and less convinced by the mad rantings of a demented warlord...and they begin to see the world from the validity of goodness based in the culture of civilized abundant nations.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 04:51 pm
@pelitsnake,
Islam is a religion that promotes violence and genocide of the Infidels (Me) and the Jews by force conversions or death. The Koren is very specific on how to get rid of us. Remember Allah lured his enemies into accepting peace and when those enemies felt safe he killed them and took the women and children as slaves. He did this hundreds of years ago, and in his name the Arabs in the Sudan committed the same crimes in the name of Allah in the year 2006-2007. Ask the children and women of Africa how they were treated as "SEX" slaves by Arab Muslims. This is not a religion of peace it's a cult of perversion and hatred. It's spread by violence and rage, and it's coming to a town near you.

Article to substantiate my claim:

http://english.gospelherald.com/article/africa/372/section/christians.aid.in.rescue.of.102.sudanese.slaves/1.htm
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 06:02 pm
@pelitsnake,
Wow, some actually got away. Not so nice or civilized those extreme muslims.
0 Replies

mousy

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 07:53 pm
@pelitsnake,
In the Qur'an, stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic) are abundant. The Qur'an recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Qur'an also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself.

Mary is a lying whore..
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2007 08:43 pm
@pelitsnake,
How does that make mary any thing close to what you called her? Are you muslim?
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 08:14 am
@markx15,
Quote:
In the Qur'an, stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic) are abundant. The Qur'an recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Qur'an also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself.

Mary is a lying whore..
-mussie

You know that statement alone shows your nature and the deciet of the earlier statement. The Mother of a miracle worker being called a whore and a whore who lies...what an low-life idiot you are.

Muhammad rambles on about how all Muslims must follow the Holy Scriptures which in those days was the bible, above all others. So you have just gone against the teachings of Muhammad...

In addition, Muhammad's people where rock worshippers. The tribes would believe that ancestors spirits where in the rocks, so they would travel to the place where the rock keeper Muhammad's grandfather would take the rock and put it with the other rocks.

They would guard and worship these rocks. The largest rock was believed to be from a Meoter and a shiny black thing, parts of which are now in the mosque located in palestine. This rock was worsehiped as the rock of the Moon God Allah.

Mu had an idea of the biblical teachings from a distant counsin, so when he had his epileptic attack in a cave in Suadi Arabia, he rushed to the Jews and wanted them to hear his version of his dellusional vision and came out with these warped ideas of what happened over 200 years before he was pooping his nappies.

They did listen, and try to explain the true events recorded in historical record and verified to this day {dead sea scrolls archelogical findings etc.}, however Mu demanded they hand over the wealth and the power to him.

They got sick of his rantings and hysteria and sent him on his way. This is when he began robbing caravans and murdering men, and raping those children he took as slaves. He justified his serial crime spree by having epiliptic fits and visions.

He actually went into a cave after the Jews kicked him out and wrote the satanic verses, full of hatred for all jews who he called swine, he then generously spread the hatred around and included infidels.

The Islamists of today don't follow his teachings anyway, as they are intent on murdering each out, which he expressedly said not to do. He also instructed muslims to hold the words of the HOLY SCRIPTURES, which in those days was the bible, or torah, above all others.

Yet again you see Muslims not doing this, and in fact doing the complete opposite by HATING all infidels.

That Muhammad hated Infidels is proof enough that he was not following the very scriptures he instructed his people [fellow criminals] to follow is evidence that he had no knowledge of what he was babbling on about.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 12:23 pm
@pelitsnake,
Another great informative post.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 02:39 pm
@pelitsnake,
Rooted in the monotheistic tradition of the patriarch Abraham, Christians and Muslims share a common heritage with Jews. Both acknowledge one God, an omnipotent creator of the universe, the immortality of the soul, the existence of a future state of rewards and punishments. Both affirm similar moral and ethical standards for life in community.

Muslims perceive Muhammad as the last in a long succession of prophetic messengers sent to humankind. Many of the prophets named in the Quran are also major figures in the Bible. These include Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, John the Baptist, and Jesus. Most Christians are surprised to discover the importance Muslims attach to Jesus. Mentioned by name in 93 different verses, Jesus is venerated as one of the greatest prophets. He is unique by virtue of the miraculous virgin birth as well as his distinctive names. Jesus is called a "‘word" from God, the "‘messiah," and "‘a spirit from God." In the final analysis, however, Muslims are clear: Jesus, like all the prophets, was human.

The error of Jesus’ followers, according to the Quran, is that they claim things about Jesus--namely, that he was God’s son, divine, that he was resurrected by God and is now part of the Trinity--that Jesus never claimed for himself. These are dangerous teachings in the Islamic understanding because they challenge the absolute oneness and unity of God. Accordingly, the Quran includes stern words of warning for Christians and others who associate anything so immediately with God.

At the same time, Jews and Christians are called "‘People of the Book" and even promised their reward in paradise (Quran 2:62 and 5:69). Thus, the Quran includes both an affirmation of the similarities in basic theological and ethical perspectives and a clear rejection of the central Christian understanding of Jesus’ divinity.

The different religious communities are explained as part of God’s plan. The diversity is caused, ironically, by different reactions to the various prophets. The fact that humankind is divided into various communities is explained as a test for people of faith. The emphasis falls on responsible behavior here in this life.

If God had so willed, He would have made all of you one community, but (He has not done so) that He may test you in what He has given you; so compete with one another in good works. To God you shall all return and He will tell you (the truth) about that which you have been disputing (Quran 5:48).

In our increasingly fragile and interdependent world, this verse presents a positive challenge. While Christians and Muslims will not come to complete theological agreement (with one another or among themselves), we can come to a better mutual understanding. And, by living out the best of our religious traditions, we can "‘compete with one another in good works."
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 03:03 pm
@pelitsnake,
Quote:
If God had so willed, He would have made all of you one community, but (He has not done so) that He may test you in what He has given you; so compete with one another in good works. To God you shall all return and He will tell you (the truth) about that which you have been disputing (Quran 5:48).

Wish ever Jew, Muslim, and Christian believed in that.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2007 05:53 pm
@pelitsnake,
Oh my god he called Mary a hoe. You are going to hell, yes hell where you burn for eternity in pain and anguish and suffering.

What would you call Allah, a man who married (Aisha) and had sex with a nine year old? In Canada he'd be the jail as a pedophile.

Great post Dmizer, how- oh how I wish your last sentence could come to pass.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:41 pm
@markx15,
Okay so you are writing from a Muslim perspective,unfortunatly not the Torah or Bible when you say-

Quote:
Rooted in the monotheistic tradition of the patriarch Abraham, Christians and Muslims share a common heritage with Jews.

THE Bible, written 2000 years before Mu began his piracy, proves that Abram was married to Sari and they were unable to have children, in order to have a son, he had a relationship with Sari's maid Hadith. The son of Hadith, was called Isham. When God called upon Abram he told him he would be known as Abraham, and his wife will be known as Sarah. They then had a child and his name was Isaac.

Hadith and Isham set off after Isaac's baptism because Sarah felt her distain and was worried about jealousy and the safety of her son. Abraham fretted about it so God came to him and told him that Isham will also inherit a nation, he did and it was Saudi Arabia.

So the roots divided when God chose Abrahm to start a nation that honoured God;s name.

Hadith and Isham were not part of this nation but went to start another nation.

The roots of the Islamic Faith are the Quran and the Quran was written 150-200 years after the death of MuhammaD. Mu had his first 'vision' about 200 years after Christ died.

So in fact, the writting of the Quran was commissioned by the rullers of the middle-east, and these were warlords who had siezed what they wanted, and then realized the people needed something to believe in. The nomad tribes had fables, passed from generation to generation, and spoke of Muhammad and Allah. These tribes had a religion that was based in paganism, in that it was worshipping rocks. They did not follow the bible.

again, here you are talking from a muslim perspective, without looking at the reality of the Bible you are unable to make accurate statements-

Quote:
Both acknowledge one God, an omnipotent creator of the universe, the immortality of the soul, the existence of a future state of rewards and punishments. Both affirm similar moral and ethical standards for life in community.

No they do not acknowledge the same God. Allah is translated as the Moon God and it fits with the heritage of Muhammad's ancesters and the belief of the nomadic tribe.

They do not acknowledge the existance of 'a future state of rewards' since Islamists are promised little boys, and virgins.

They do not affirm similar moral and ethical standards for life in community since the quran states that women are to be beaten, that women are half of a man, that children are available for sexual activities, that stealing is okay, that rape is acceptable, and that jews are pigs, in addition murder, and torture are completely acceptable for all jews and infidels. Finally the Quran instructs Muslims to be deceitful and to not be friends with non-Muslims unless of course they can profit from the situation.

Here you again have failed to crack open a bible to find out the factual information that happened thousands of years before Mu went a-cavin'

Quote:
Many of the prophets named in the Quran are also major figures in the Bible. These include Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, John the Baptist, and Jesus.

And the accounts of these Christian figures are mistaken and confused, and the stories are warped and even comical they are entirely mixed up, and prove over and over that Mu had no idea of what he was talking about.

And from a Muslim perspective l realize that you believe that Christains haven't bothered to read the verse after verse of hatred, so you are wrong, some christians are well aware of the insults to our religion made by an angry Mu...

Quote:
Most Christians are surprised to discover the importance Muslims attach to Jesus. Mentioned by name in 93 different verses, Jesus is venerated as one of the greatest prophets. He is unique by virtue of the miraculous virgin birth as well as his distinctive names. Jesus is called a "‘word" from God, the "‘messiah," and "‘a spirit from God." In the final analysis, however, Muslims are clear: Jesus, like all the prophets, was human.

The Muslim account of Jesus is warped and insulting.

Quote:
The error of Jesus’ followers, according to the Quran,...

Okay, and you can't compare the two, the time lines do not allow for any logical discussion.

The Islamic teachings will never work in the world while it issues Fatwa's and through actions and current teachings uphold Quranic verses that directly call for the death of all those who are non-Muslim.

It was Muhammad himself that admitted a large protion of his ramblings were in fact "the SATANIC VERSES", in this he was partially right, for in fact the entire Quran, a collection of what is remembered in addition to the Satanic Verses is collectively and truly 'SATANIC VERSES TOTALITY" ...since we see this in action we can look at the source, and hope and pray that a miracle will happen from God and the Islamists will understand that they have been decieved.

And when l say God, this is not to be confused with the Moon God, the rock,known as allah.
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 09:28 am
@pelitsnake,
Tulip,
you indeed are an angry individual judging by your reply. I am not a muslim, I am an agnostic who was raised in the christian faith. I am going to analyze the Bible for you with the same venomous tenacity that you apply to all other religions not like yours. It will take me a few days to formulate this analysis but be prepared to respond, for it will not be filled with half truths and ruminations by highly biased individuals. By the way do you think Muslims judge christians based upon the actions of the christians in the middle ages? or perhaps more recently David Koresh? You see as in all religions there are extremes that the majority do not subscribe too. To stereotype them based upon these extremists actions is indeed niave.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:04 am
@pelitsnake,
This should be interesting.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 12:29 pm
@markx15,
Quote:
Tulip,
you indeed are an angry individual judging by your reply.
dmizer

No, l am not angry at all, and l have no idea how me showing you the truth can ever be interpreted as angry, unless this new revalation makes you angry, and if that is the case l can sympathize because as you will see, a LOT of people have been mis-guided, and it has been tragic for the middle eastern people.

Quote:
I am not a muslim, I am an agnostic who was raised in the christian faith.

Great, can you grab a bible?

Quote:
I am going to analyze the Bible for you with the same venomous tenacity that you apply to all other religions not like yours.

again, dmizer, you are attributing qualities such as 'vemonous' where such tone does not exist...in addition, l have no problem with any religion that does NOT contains teachings of rape, child abuse, peophilia, spousal abuse, deciet in order to assault, murder and rob, stealing, lieing, and torture.

YOU SEE ANY FOLLOWING OF THIS IS A CULT NOT A RELIGION. And Mu admitted he wrote the Satanic verses, so I am simply the messenger...

I embrace Hinduism, Buddism, Christian, Judism, and anyother "ism" l can recall and have friends from all these diverse backgrounds. I have nothing against people from the middle-east, in fact l was very close to a pakistani bride who was Muslim, for many years and miss her to this day. So just because l am here enlightening people like yourself is no reason to get hysterical.

Do you have a Quran handy? I assume you have least read it?

Quote:
It will take me a few days to formulate this analysis but be prepared to respond, for it will not be filled with half truths and ruminations by highly biased individuals

Well that is peachy, but why go away, this isn't rocket science, grab yourself a Quran and a bilbe and have an open mind.

Quote:
By the way do you think Muslims judge christians based upon the actions of the christians in the middle ages?

Yes actually, on many forums it is brought up again and again...tiring really,
however, in the here and now d'miz, we can certainly remind you of the present time and how Islam is manifested in our world through the FATWAS issued by Imams calling for murder, violence, destruction and world take-over.

And we can certainly remind you, as RED has already done in another thread, about how today's events are a direct, yes DIRECT, result of the IMAM teachings for obedient Muslims...

Quote:
or perhaps more recently David Koresh?

huh? No capish?

Quote:
You see as in all religions there are extremes that the majority do not subscribe too. To stereotype them based upon these extremists actions is indeed niave.
--dmizer

Hmmm, do all religions issue FATWAS calling on all Muslims to take over the world, kill Americans, and all infidels, to destroy property and murder people, to wipe entire nations off of the map?

Does any other religion teach children with playstations that are training hate murder and torture of Americans and Jews.

Are other religions teaching little children to dress and play as their favorite suicide bombers.

Are other religions taking babies and strapping on a mini-suicide bombervest, or celebrating the beheading of a journalist screaming "for the moon god"?

No need to get all angry and bent out of shape dmizer, pull up a bible and a quran, not that they are comparable, and l will back up every statement l make...no prob....
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 10:06 am
@pelitsnake,
Tulip,
First question, Is the Bible the work of man or the work of man inspired by god?
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 10:50 am
@pelitsnake,
Im sorry tulip perhaps this is the wrong question.
After all, the real question is not whether the Bible is
inspired, but whether it is true. If it is true, it does not need
to be inspired. If it is true, it makes no difference whether it
was written by a man or a god. The multiplication table is just as
useful, just as true as though God had arranged the figures
himself. If the Bible is really true, the claim of inspiration need
not be urged; and if it is not true, its inspiration can hardly be
established. As a matter of fact, the truth does not need to be
inspired. Nothing needs inspiration except a falsehood or a
mistake. Where truth ends, where probability stops, inspiration
begins. A fact never went into partnership with a miracle. Truth
does not need the assistance of miracle. A fact will fit every
other fact in the Universe, because it is the product of all other
facts. A lie will fit nothing except another lie made for the
express purpose of fitting it. Alter a while the man gets tired of
lying, and then the last lie will not fit the next fact, and then
there is an opportunity to use a miracle. Just at that point, it is
necessary to have a little inspiration.

As we all know the Bible was inspired. More to follow..........
0 Replies

Dmizer

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 12:57 pm
@pelitsnake,
Tulip,
Lets start at the beginning shall we,
It is the general consensus that Moses was the author Genesis, and that he gave to the Jews a religion. the question arises as to where he obtained his information? We are told by the theologians that he received his knowledge from God, and that every word he wrote was and is the exact truth. It is admitted at the same time that he was an adopted son of Pharaoh's daughter, and enjoyed tha rank and privilege of a prince. Under such circumstances , he must have been well acquainted with the literature, philosophy and religion of the Egyptians, and must have known what they believed and taught as to the creation of the world.
Now, if the account of the origin of this earth as given by Moses is substantially like that given by the Egyptians, then we must conclude that he learned it from them. Or is it that he was divinely inspired because he gave to the Jews what the Egyptians had given to him?
The Egyptian priests taught first, that a God created the "original matter" leaving it in a state of chaos; second, that a God molded it into form; third that the breath of a God moved upon the face of the deep; fourth, that a God created simply by saying "let it be"; fifth, that a God created light before the sun existed.
Nothing can be clearer than the fact that Moses recieved from the Egyptians the principple parts of his narrative, making such changes and additions as were necessary to satisfy the peculiar superstitions of his own people.
0 Replies