Jesus in Islam

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 10:19 am
most people Islam think that is a "terrorist religion" but as i know that is no the case. here is a breif introduction to Islam in video, click the link 5 min intro to Islam - Google Video

In the Qur'an, stories about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ (called 'Isa in Arabic) are abundant. The Qur'an recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Qur'an also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself. For more detailed information about what Muslims believe about Jesus, please visit the FAQ index page. Below are some direct quotations from the Qur'an regarding his life and teachings.
"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (19:30-35).

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65)

"And behold! God will say [i.e. on the Day of Judgment]: 'Oh Jesus, the son of Mary! Did you say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of God?' He will say: 'Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Yours. For You know in full all that is hidden. Never did I say to them anything except what You commanded me to say: 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I lived among them. When You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a witness to all things'" (5:116-117).

"Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,545 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 10:40 am
@pelitsnake,
Those of us who have read some or all of the Koran , and listened to as much as we can , understand that Islam recognizes Jesus .
What does that recognition have to do with the threats of terrorism comonig from the radical Muslims?
In the other thread we have been trying to get you ( or anyone else ) to answer some questions , but we only get more quotes . We are seriously looking for answers that we can use TODAY in our quest for enlightenment .
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 10:58 am
@Curmudgeon,
hi, look on the other thread i have answered your question.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:23 pm
@pelitsnake,
Excuse me, does the q'uran have a full biografy of Jesus's life and works?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 04:45 pm
@markx15,
markx15;8398 wrote:
Excuse me, does the quran have a full biography of Jesus's life and works?

Of all the major religions in the world, Islam is the only non-Christian faith that recognises Jesus. Within the pages of the Quran is a distinctly Islamic portrayal of Jesus. Three of its Surahs (chapters), Ali-Imran (3) (, Al-Maida(5) and Mariam(19) are so named because of their references to Jesus and his work. There are about ninety verses spread across fifteen Surahs of the Quran that refer to Jesus. A second source for the Islamic understanding of Jesus are the numerous Hadith (traditions) which portray his teaching and the ultimate purpose of his first and second coming. There are also many references to Jesus in other Islamic literature. But it does not have a complete biography.
here is a Translated Quran for reference. English - Submission.org
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:16 pm
@pelitsnake,
Where could someone of the Islamic faith learn the full story of Jesus? I mean he is an important figure, as are all prophets, wouldn't you consider learning of his life?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:26 pm
@markx15,
markx15;8402 wrote:
Where could someone of the Islamic faith learn the full story of Jesus? I mean he is an important figure, as are all prophets, wouldn't you consider learning of his life?

Hello, yes i think i would because he was a messenger of God/Allah. In the quran it mention abit about i think it was 28 prophets out of 120,00 this includes the most famous one like Adam, Abraham etc. As i said it menstion alot about jesus and what he preached in the quran and there are 3 chapters baised on his (as i showed above). you would have a better idea if you read them breifly.
I thought what you ment by biography was all of his life in detail.
I hope that answers your question, more questions are welcome.
thanks for your time =)
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:46 pm
@pelitsnake,
What are the q'uran's views on the ressurection?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 05:52 pm
@markx15,
markx15;8410 wrote:
What are the q'uran's views on the ressurection?

Do you mean the life after death or do you mean dieing then coming back to life in the world.?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:11 pm
@pelitsnake,
Let me Refrase
What is the significance of the resssurection of Jesus to the Islamic faith?
pelitsnake

Reply Wed 20 Dec, 2006 06:44 pm
@markx15,
markx15;8415 wrote:
Let me Refrase
What is the significance of the resssurection of Jesus to the Islamic faith?
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2006 10:22 am
@pelitsnake,
The claims of Muhammad explain to us why Muslim's hate Jews and Christians are hated so much by Islamists today.

Muhammad, after spending time alone in a cave, had a epileptic seizure and then went to the Jews hoping to be proclaimed a Prophet and gaining power and wealth adn adoration of everyone.

What happen was that his stories were so conveluted and incorrect he was asked to leave.

The fact was that Muhammad came from a tribe that honoured rocks, and called them Gods. So his knowledge of angels, {Jesus}Yahsau, Mary, Noah, Mosses and Abraham was only that from a distant cousin who was trying to remember. Thus, Muhammad was hopelessly mixed up and his rambling does not make sense.

Yahsau {Jesus} was crucified over 200 years before Muhammad was wearing diapers. Therefore the Quran cannot be compared to the Torah and the Bible, since by date, these are of greater authority.

However, it is through the mistakes in the Quran that we can clearly see how it is not accurate, and not even close to be in the relm of the events before Muhammad's birth.

This is why the Jews finally told him to leave, he was so off base, they tried to kindly listen and help him, but he kept demanding wealth and power. Finally he was told to go home, then marched out of town. He went to his cave and then began his carreer of robbing and murdering in the name of Allah the Moon God.

In anger at the Jews and Christians who had seen him as the false prophet that Jesus had warned them and us about, he vented his rage and had it written down for prosperity, and entitled them SATANIC VERSES.

Here are the watered down versions of his rage, that today is the fire in the bellies of his followers-

Quote:
Qur'an 5:17 "Verily they are disbelievers and infidels who say, ‘The Messiah, son of Mary, is God.'"

Quote:
Qur'an 5:115 "Allah said: ‘I am going to send it down unto you, but if any of you after that disbelieves, resisting Faith [Islam], I will punish him with a torment such as I have not inflicted on any one of my creatures, man or jinn. I will punish them with a torment such as I have not inflicted on any one of my creatures."

Quote:
Qur'an 5:77 "Say (Muhammad): ‘People of the Book, do not overstep the bounds in your religion, or follow the people who erred and led many astray. Cursed are the unbelievers among the Children of Israel by David and Jesus.... They do vile things, allying themselves with the infidels so that Allah's indignation is upon them and in torment they will suffer for all eternity."

Quote:
Qur'an 5:80 "You see many of them allying themselves with the unbelieving infidels. Vile indeed are their souls. Allah's wrath is on them, and in torment will they abide."

this is the level of hatred that we see today in world events, children in schools are taught to kill infidels witht textbooks and toys like playstation.
0 Replies

pelitsnake

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 04:16 pm
@pelitsnake,
That is an Opinion about Islam and cannot not be taken as fact. It is obivously from an "anti-muslim" source.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 23 Dec, 2006 10:34 pm
@pelitsnake,
That is what this whole thread is about, opinions. From alot of his quotes, i have not seen where you have proven him wrong in his interpretations. If his opinion makes him anti-mulsim would that make you opinion anti-christian?
pelitsnake

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 12:05 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;8503 wrote:
That is what this whole thread is about, opinions. From alot of his quotes, i have not seen where you have proven him wrong in his interpretations. If his opinion makes him anti-mulsim would that make you opinion anti-christian?

Well the opinions i have will go against christain beliefs but i do my best to respect religions.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 03:34 pm
@pelitsnake,
Being against Christians is ok, just so long as you don't take it to degree that some will coming from your same religion. There are good and bad Christians just like Muslims. The difference being we seek them out and expose them where we find them, sometimes my view is to the contrary of what you seem to be saying.
I beleave you are too reserved because you don't want to be implyied with the bad Muslims you see doing wrong.
Quote:
Well the opinions i have will go against christain beliefs but i do my best to respect religions.

Against is just an other word for "anti". So you must fall under the anti-Christian moniker if your opinion is that Tulips reference sites are anti-Muslim. You must be reading anti-Christian material.
0 Replies

pelitsnake

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 06:25 pm
@pelitsnake,
hi,
This is not my opinion, its a fact because i Google the verse that tulip wrote which contained rape in it and i found that all of the sources were anti-Muslim websites.
There is nothing wrong with tulip trying to prove the Muslims wrong, but would you like it if i changed a verse in the bible and say your religion says so and so? Obviously not, so you can't expect me to sit down and chill can you?

I know this sounds naive, and regardless of the fact that what they are doing is completely wrong. You still have to ask why they are doing it, there has to be a reason.

I will leave you to think about that.

thanks for your time :peace:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 24 Dec, 2006 07:46 pm
@pelitsnake,
Quote:
This is not my opinion, its a fact because i Google the verse that tulip wrote which contained rape in it and i found that all of the sources were anti-Muslim websites.

So who's opinion is it that they are anti-Muslim?
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with tulip trying to prove the Muslims wrong, but would you like it if i changed a verse in the bible and say your religion says so and so?

If you changed any verse, it would not be the first time. I do not have to like it but it happens none the less.
Quote:
Obviously not, so you can't expect me to sit down and chill can you?

Obvious is your opinion. I expect you not to sit down. If you do not stand up who will? I can chill with the best of them. Question is are you up to the task?
Quote:
I know this sounds naive, and regardless of the fact that what they are doing is completely wrong. You still have to ask why they are doing it, there has to be a reason.

What ever reason, are they justified? Not in any manner of humanity can i come up with a reason for what they do. They are not reasonable people. And they may never be. Shall we let them run rampant over every thing that is?
Quote:
I will leave you to think about that.

Think about it i have. What reason have you justified to there behavior?
0 Replies

zakiv4

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 11:18 am
@pelitsnake,
hey ppl, please post things that is related with "Jesus In Islam". please dont post anything else like questiong Islam. please. if u want, please start another thread. please.
0 Replies

pelitsnake

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2006 12:11 pm
@pelitsnake,
Hi,
Drnaline, you are interperting what i said wrongly. I didn't say that i could justify them, i said that there must be a reason behind this.
0 Replies