The Intimate Life of the Platypus

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:12 pm
It's already been done.......

http://www.buckscountyplayhouse.com/playhouse/1962%20pix/Platypi.gif
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:14 pm
"His searing gaze ruffled her marsupial calm. She felt a longing stir in her egg-sac......"
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:16 pm
echidna enchilada. Mmmmm! That's good eatin'!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:20 pm
Only if you take the spines OUT first!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:55 pm
dlowan wrote:
Puggle is, indeed, waaaaaay cute, Little k! As are the puggles themselves - echidna puggles have their spines, but they are all soft and cute and pinkish - and their dear li'l snouts - and no hair at first, like wee mouselings as ever was...

aaaawwwwww
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:00 pm
dlowan wrote:
But what I really meant was "I have lost the friggin' plot!".

Gotta read between the lines.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:20 am
Mr Scum.

I really do not believe the quote function was meant to be so abused!!!!!! Take it back immediately!!!!!!!!! Or I shall retaliate in kind.....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:22 am
I had some delicious platypus at a fancy restaurant the other night, but nearly had a heart attack when they brought me the bill.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 02:24 am
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:08 am
I am happy to see that most diet pills these days are echidna-free.

Did anyone know that the platypus swims with it's eyes closed? Seems weird that they have to swim to eat, but can't see. Mind you, looking like that, wearing goggles would just add insult to injury.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:48 am
Yes, but their sweet beakles be soft and thrillingly sensitive - they "see" with their bills as they fossick on the stream beds and extract slithery munchibles.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:52 am
That is because they are 'hard-wired' genetically to know that swimming goggles look silly.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:06 am
The threads are converging, I see!

Some believe that anxiety and pessimism is hard-wired into our systems, too - the neurotic cave-being, seeing a sabre-tooth around every corner, was also a quick cave-person...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:17 am
Yep, and our word 'quick' derives from the Anglo-Saxon word for 'alive'. Hmmm.....stuff to think about regarding our death-counscious nature as humans....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:47 am
Hmmm - i think quick changed meaning over the years - but the direction of the change is interesting, no?

Do babies still "quicken" in the womb, though?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:52 am
If dem babies 'quicken', we can assure they will live. The direction of change is interesting indeed.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:18 pm
As a fellow with many strange items strewn about my house, I will tell you that perhaps oddest of them all is a petrified platypus which I found in a weird little shop in New York's Chinatown. I use it as a shoehorn ...and keep it, appropriately enough, in an elephant's foot umbrella stand --which also contains an bombershoot made of bat skin stretched over a frame of cassawary ribs, and a pair of galoshes fashioned entirely out of stale gummybears. Would I make this stuff up?

...well, perhaps you are right about that. I would. But in this case... ahhh, I can't keep it up, it's all lies!!!! Tissues!!!! Fabrications!!!!!! Drag me out and flog me. Here, use this cat o'nine tails made out of angel hair spaghetti...

Ahhh, this sort of thread brings out the worst in me.
Embarrassed
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:24 pm
Shocked Confused
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 08:50 pm
Methinks beedlesquoink has been listening to george Thoroughgood songs

also remember the OZ song "Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?"

Therein is a line that, when played in the proper rotation says

IF TIN WHISTLES ARE MADE OF TIN
wHADATHEY MAKE PUGGLES OUTA?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 05:29 am
Oddness - what is it about platypi and puggles which is hygroscopic for it in Amricans.....?
0 Replies