Suicide & Religion

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2005 11:50 pm
Just wondering what your views are with Suicide and God. Do people that commit suicide go to hell or heaven? Assuming that the person committed suicide has been a good person through their life and just made a wrong decision that took their life at a say young age.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,504 • Replies: 43
No top replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 06:19 pm
@Brent cv,
I think if they're emo, they go to hell.

Anybody else, it's a toss up.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:27 am
@Brent cv,
+1 I concure
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 01:41 pm
@Brent cv,
This is a difficult subject. But...God does say that taking your own life is a condmenable unforgivable sin and I believe ppl who do commit suicide aren't enjoying his splendors in heaven. I personally have 2 friends who killed themselves, at young ages, both while drunk.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:30 am
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
This is a difficult subject. But...God does say that taking your own life is a condmenable unforgivable sin and I believe ppl who do commit suicide aren't enjoying his splendors in heaven. I personally have 2 friends who killed themselves, at young ages, both while drunk.

So many unknowns...
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2006 01:09 am
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:

Who said what? :rolleyes:
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 10:57 pm
@Brent cv,
Sorry...the Bible says....and to me the Bible is God's own words. Not to get religious or anything.
NaterG

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 04:09 am
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
Sorry...the Bible says....and to me the Bible is God's own words. Not to get religious or anything.

I agree.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2006 04:53 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:
Not to get religious or anything.

Hey, that's like my new life motto.
0 Replies

KyleUSAF

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn wrote:

wait, so are you saying suicide is unforgiveable?...therefore they go to hell for commiting suicide?

or am i misreading that
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:31 pm
@Brent cv,
Na, i'd say you have it right. If you believe in what was writen, your answer is Yes.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:41 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Na, i'd say you have it right. If you believe in what was writen, your answer is Yes.

That's a bummer then.

Even for those not in their right mind? (I mean actually mentally retarded with serious health problems, not the emo queers) Who knows....
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:43 pm
@Brent cv,
If you were in your right mind why kill yourself?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:44 pm
@Brent cv,
Suicide is a reaction to an emotional state. For some one not willing to stick around for the final outcome.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Suicide is a reaction to an emotional state. For some one not willing to stick around for the final outcome.

Obviously they are not all there.. but you know as well as I do there are people with serious problems mentally that do not know what is going on around them... and end up killing themselves....

Even so what about little kids that die?

Do they get a free pass because they havent lived long enough?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:19 pm
@Brent cv,
Not all there but enough is there to know how to kill themselves. Easy way out.
Quote:
Even so what about little kids that die?

Little kids that die by killing themselves?
Quote:
Do they get a free pass because they havent lived long enough?

They get a free pass because they are free of sin. I have one sibling the went that way.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:37 pm
@Brent cv,
hmmm interesting.

No not little kids that kill themselves, just little kids that die by illness or tragedy.
NaterG

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 04:16 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
hmmm interesting.

No not little kids that kill themselves, just little kids that die by illness or tragedy.

From what I have learned, that whole thing is God's choice. He is the One who makes the decision in that situation, and there really is no way that any of us would know that. I also believe that, yes, a younger child does go to heaven. The cut off age? No clue, as I said, thats God's decision.

Now, on the mentally ill scenario. I would think that a mentaly ill person that kills themselves would be catagorized as an accidental death, not sucicide.
tikala

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:30 am
@NaterG,
NaterG wrote:
From what I have learned, that whole thing is God's choice. He is the One who makes the decision in that situation, and there really is no way that any of us would know that. I also believe that, yes, a younger child does go to heaven. The cut off age? No clue, as I said, thats God's decision.

Now, on the mentally ill scenario. I would think that a mentaly ill person that kills themselves would be catagorized as an accidental death, not sucicide.

To Christians and Muslims suicide is a sin. Don't know to Judaism, but I think it is the same.
0 Replies

tikala

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:37 am
@NaterG,
NaterG wrote:

YOU'RE RIGHT. A MENTALLY IL CAN'T THINK. JUST LIKE A TODDLER WHO ACCIDENTALLY JUMPS IN A SWIMMING POOL AND DROWNED AND NOBODY WOULD ASSUME IT IS A SUICIDE.
0 Replies