Why is 'Environment' at the bottom?

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:13 am
Hi all, I would like to know from any one competent, as to why is the subject or field of 'Environment' at the bottom end of the home page of this site.
I am new to this environment, being horded from one bus to this bus, i am not sure of the policies of this site. But as far as priorities are concerned, i feel a bit odd to find the forum room for 'Environment' at the bottom. Noting this site is a wide focus public forum, i thought it strange to find a hot and relevent topic at the bottom of the home page.

It is strange when Environment is at the top of all Political, Social, Scientific, Academic and Philosophical considerations all around, here it seems like it is put up as a second-thought. I discovered the tab on environment only two days back. Pleasantly surprised, for at least it is fought its way into this popular site, which i suppose it is, and the managers should be complimented for making such a forum for discussions. Accept my thanks but also consider my lament. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,249 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:26 am
@Jackofalltrades phil,

Environment is at the bottom of the first page of forae.
hit Next Page to see the rest...
Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:45 am
@Region Philbis,
Hi RP

My advocacy is to see its tab at the top of the first page. Thanks.

yeah, i did find that the 'next' button goes two pages deep, may be even more. I wonder if there is an heirarchy, or structure to that, or is it random, and mutates its position according to popularity.????

Anyway, I am happy to find it on the home page, but truly sad to find it at the bottom. lets see how many supports my pov.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:51 am
@Jackofalltrades phil,

i'm not sure how they are ordered -- it might be by highest number of tags...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 11:45 am
I've always just assumed randomness, but if I'm wrong, maybe we could put the "Cat" forum at the top?
Mame

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 12:01 pm
@roger,
I'll go for that, even though I'm not a cat person. Maybe you could change it to 'Cat Environments' - would that work for you?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 01:53 pm
@roger,
They are currently ordered by most unique users using the forum. But in a few days we are going to push out a change where the forums you participate in are listed above. So if you want it at the top of your home page, you soon (this week) will be able to do so.
roger

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Oh, my god. I answer one crumby crossword, and up it goes.

Honestly, it makes almost no difference to me at all. The number of things I have personally tagged is small enough they don't require organization. If I want the seven legged spider thread, I click 'spiders', and there she is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:58 pm
Why is 'Environment' at the bottom?

Just to piss you off, Bubba.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:02 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
So if you want it at the top of your home page, you soon (this week) will be able to do so.

Now you can. Go here and click "add forum": http://able2know.org/forum/environment/
Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2010 01:45 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert,
a big thanks for your consideration.
0 Replies