Can the mind stabilize our economic cycle ?

LTK

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 07:52 am
A role of the governemnt is to stabilize the economy right ?, limiting the effects of their economies extremes, the booms, the recessions, the depressions, then the recoverys.

Do you think that one of the minds role is to stabilize our emotions in the same way of that of the government, helping us sail over out depressions, but calming us during our boom ?.
Maybe some minds are more developed to the fact, as you see some people coasting through life without a smile nor a frown, yet you see the others pouncing around on the high of their life's one day, then find them dead by self induced strangulation the next..

???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 845 • Replies: 6
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 07:56 am
Sure. Focus your question more and you may get a more detailed reply. Are we talking about the government here, or the mind? As for economics, we all need to keep track of personal finances. What exactly is your thesis here?
0 Replies

LTK

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:04 am
With focus we can stabilize and help ourselves, keeping our lifes smooth and straight on. We can try to sheild ourselves from the problems which will inevitably come in the future.

Do you think it is possible to take that amount of control over yourself, so when we're on such a high we can slow ourselves down, to sheild ourselves for the future, despite the amazing amounts of happiness we could be feeling during our boom.

I guess what i'm trying to say, is that, the ecomic cycle relates to our cycle of emotions, and the way in which the goverment controls its economy, could we take control of our emotions, to a level where we can slow total happiness for future stability ?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:09 am
LTK wrote:
Im talking about the mind, do you think that we can take control of our mind and help it to control ourselves?

This is a bit of a redundant question here. If you can take control of your mind then you HAVE control of yourself.
0 Replies

LTK

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 08:14 am
True it is, i apoligize, but it is not possible to have complete control of the mind, i was asking the question in terms of relative control, the possiblilty of having control of the mind, relative to that which the goverment has over its economy.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 04:22 pm
The role of the government is to provide stability in all areas, not just the economic.
Their primary function is to maintain the status quo.
0 Replies

acepoly

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2003 10:47 am
To trace the ultimate cause of economic cycle will lead to people's mind. A simplified explanation of economic cycle in relation to mind is that the pace mind responds and adapts lags behind that of the change of the situations. Therefore, a permanent remedy of economic cycle would be reshaping people's mind, but how could it be possible?
0 Replies