Are they ready to shoot the work?

Tinus

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:42 am
Organization of Latin American and Caribbean nations: are they ready to shoot the work?

The Unity of Latin America and the Caribbean is a serious step to be made by the region’s leaders on the way to independent development. http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/02/22/unity.summit/index.html

Clearly the organization won’t start working before late 2012, but having launched a group that may serve as an alternative to the Organization of American States, they’ve said their “fie” upon Washington and its policy of suppression and compulsion towards the South Americas region already.

tidbit: Americans took a skeptical view of the initiative by having queried effectiveness of the organization without their participation in it.

Probably, it won’t take long and Hilary Clinton will make some trips to South America soon, trying to ensure the Latin countries’ leaders in absolute inexpediency of the Unity. But let’s hope that they’ll resist and stand their right, from my point, ground.

No doubt, the initiative seems to be good for South American region.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,315 • Replies: 1
No top replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:39 am
I have some thoughts, which are totally random.

A world government which has been seen as the way to peace on earth is a long held goal among certain segments of the population. Regional organizations are seen as steps toward that goal.

Is economic development really necessary? More to the point, is economic development desirable?

The European Union has been both praised and demonized, succeeded and failed.
0 Replies