European Travel in Aug-Sept

failures art

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 12:09 pm
Got a tattoo in amsterdam and rode my rental bike all over that city. Amazing. Today, I'm in Köln just traveling, but I did visit the Dom. Tomorrow, it's a travelday to Munich.

A
R
T
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 01:14 pm
@failures art,
Don't miss that famous beer hall adjacent to Marianplatz.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 12:13 pm
I spent less than 12 hours in Munich, but they were fast paced and fun. Fact: Every hostel has an Austrailian. I am in Vienna now. it has been nice to slow down. The hostel is beautiful and small (a major bonus). Vienna is the most eco and vegan friendly city thus far. I am also very impressed by the spirit of creativity here. How can you come here and not become inspired?

Back on the road tomorrow. Prague for the weekend!

Amused and mused.
R
T
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 12:21 pm
@failures art,
fa, Don't miss Sacher's bakery. It's world famous. When you walk in the downtown area, look down, because they have plates sunk in the sidewalk to honor all of the classic composers.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 01:57 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I spent less than 12 hours in Munich, but they were fast paced and fun. Fact: Every hostel has an Austrailian. I am in Vienna now. it has been nice to slow down. The hostel is beautiful and small (a major bonus). Vienna is the most eco and vegan friendly city thus far. I am also very impressed by the spirit of creativity here. How can you come here and not become inspired?

Back on the road tomorrow. Prague for the weekend!

Amused and mused.
R
T

wot?! vienna is just 50 minutes away from me. you should have hollered that you'll be in the hood!
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 03:11 pm
@failures art,
Munich is my home town - I could have told you where to go, but I guess you
did find it anyway :-))
failures art

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:20 pm
@dagmaraka,
WHAT WHAT WHAT!

I thought you were in the states these days? Shows how up to date I am on my dagspotting...

Hmm...

PMs are still down, switching to facebook. Holla!

A
R
T
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:29 pm
@CalamityJane,
I´ll keep this in mind next time CJ! I felt bad that I didnät explore but that day was a rough travel day. Summary: Things went wrong. Solution: Binge drinking mit auflander.

yahoo...

edit: didnät = didn't + german keyboard. By time I get used to this, I'll be back in the states. I'm already a shitty typer.... grumble...

A
R
Travellin'
ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Sep, 2010 04:38 pm
@failures art,
Hope you can get together..
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 01:09 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

I spent less than 12 hours in Munich, but they were fast paced and fun. Fact: Every hostel has an Austrailian. I am in Vienna now.
Amused and mused.
R
T

Well, of course - Australians are everywhere - and there's usually only one " I" in Australian
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:08 am
Just met up with Dagmar and some colleagues. I love fun changes! Surprise A2K meet-up!

A
R
T
ossobuco

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:18 am
@failures art,
Yaaaay!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 11:22 am
@failures art,
Send me the names and addresses of those who participated in the a2k Meet. I'll send you caps, but it won't show the location because the one I have includes only SF, Chicago, Austin, London, NY & Boston.

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone, how about keeping things private where they needed to be.
Giving out names and addresses of people who have attended a2k meetings
is not acceptable, especially without their prior approval.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 10 Sep, 2010 12:45 pm
@CalamityJane,
They have the choice; I believe they know what they are doing; they are not kids.
They can find me on facebook to look for my email address.

There are many a2kers who know my email address(es). Some have my home address and phone number(s).
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 12:01 pm
Yep, it was a great spontanneous mini meetup. We had a great evening, along with my brand new Canadian colleague and his Texan fiancee, lots of fun. i learned a bit about vegan-ism (not as scary as it sounds, really) and even how to make a tofu scramble.
0 Replies