0
   

Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.

 
 
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:18 pm
Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.


It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHaClUCw4&feature=PlayList&p=5123864A5243470E&index=0&playnext=1

Should literalists follow their Bible and pay attention to this quote?

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Should they try harder to know God without fantastic, impossible creatures and miracles of all kinds?

Not to be rude but should literalists and fundamentals not grow up and stop hurting religion?

http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion/belief-truth-fantasy-reality.html

Regards
DL
 
GoshisDead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:50 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.


It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.


Thos same people would ask you, "to whom are you beholden?" or Who you trying to impress? They make you a laughing stock in what crowd and why should you care?
failures art
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 02:15 pm
@Greatest I am,
And if I find your god or gods to be childish or a fantasy?
R
T
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 03:18 pm
Hi Greatest,
I have an angle on this you may relate to... If faith is fundamental, then why would God (biblical) (And I say "Biblical" because others believe in non-biblical accounts of) perform miracles in the eyes of men. "God" only works (in relation to faith) if He remains unproven.
The moment God is proven to exist - There is no longer any purpose to having faith.

Have a fantastic day, Greatest.
Mark...
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:50 pm
@GoshisDead,
Quote:
GoshisDead wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.


It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.


Thos same people would ask you, "to whom are you beholden?"


No one.

Quote:
or Who you trying to impress?


No one.

Quote:
They make you a laughing stock in what crowd and why should you care?


The general thinking and intelligent and mature public.

I care because it hurts all religionists, innocent children who deserve to know the truth and those in the following links.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjIlhAShuU&feature=related

If I need to justify my disgust and explain more than this to you then you have no morals.

For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.
What will you do?

Regards
DL


Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:57 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

And if I find your god or gods to be childish or a fantasy?
R
T


Then your powers of discernment have been clouded by too many years of belief in fantasy.

My purpose is not to push the Godhead that I found, it is to end the evil of adults believing in fantasy and basing their morals on an immoral God.
I found the Godhead with the help of the K J Bible and am no here to bash it.
I do promote not reading it literally.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:02 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Greatest,
I have an angle on this you may relate to... If faith is fundamental, then why would God (biblical) (And I say "Biblical" because others believe in non-biblical accounts of) perform miracles in the eyes of men. "God" only works (in relation to faith) if He remains unproven.
The moment God is proven to exist - There is no longer any purpose to having faith.

Have a fantastic day, Greatest.
Mark...


What is better, faith without facts or faith based on facts?

If you have faith then use it. There are 16,000 that starve to death daily. A small mountain for any with a bit of faith.

Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

This is how a true Christian show his faith.
You might note that there is no one here with faith.
If there was, we would all know it.

Mark 16:17-18.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Regards
DL
failures art
 
  2  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:02 pm
@Greatest I am,
I am an atheist. I don't subscribe to any fantasies.

A
R
T
0 Replies
 
rosborne979
 
  3  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:14 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.

So you're giving the fundies crap about "their" God, and then you're declaring your own God to exist. I think you're on shaky ground.
GoshisDead
 
  1  
Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:46 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Quote:
GoshisDead wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:

Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.


It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are Religionists.

They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.


Thos same people would ask you, "to whom are you beholden?"


No one.

Quote:
or Who you trying to impress?


No one.

Quote:
They make you a laughing stock in what crowd and why should you care?


The general thinking and intelligent and mature public.

I care because it hurts all religionists, innocent children who deserve to know the truth and those in the following links.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9gXriVI&feature=related

Jesus Camp 1of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhjIlhAShuU&feature=related

If I need to justify my disgust and explain more than this to you then you have no morals.

For evil to grow, all good men need do is nothing.
What will you do?

Regards
DL





1) If someone is making you a laughingstock you must be aiming to impress someone or at the very least feel pressure from am outside force and shame at being laughed at.

2) You aren't arguing your point very well by expressing things like (the majority of intelligent and mature public, which is the very group you are trying to impress or from whom you are attempting to avoid ridicule.

3) It does not seem very nice to lump fundamental religious people as the opposite of intelligent and mature. It is a specious argumentative tactic at best, which shows neither intelligence nor maturity.

4) Expressing you need for approval by the general public even in very moderate forms of religion seems to express your insecurity in your own religion and faith, whatever it might be.

5) Expressing that whoever does not agree with you has no morals shows signs of classic narcissism. It is one the first steps to dehumanizing others.
0 Replies
 
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:01 am
@Greatest I am,

[/quote]
What is better, faith without facts or faith based on facts?
[/quote]
Hi Greatest,
There are NO facts.
[/quote]If you have faith then use it. There are 16,000 that starve to death daily. A small mountain for any with a bit of faith.
[/quote]
I will use my faith as I please.
I must eat too.

Greatest I am wrote:
Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

I just tried that with a hill outside my window! ...Still there!

Greatest I am wrote:
This is how a true Christian show his faith.
You might note that there is no one here with faith.
If there was, we would all know it.

No it is not!
Who are you to judge the faith in people...GOD?
Greatest I am wrote:
Mark 16:17-18.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

There are no such things as "Devils".
Why do I need a new tongue?
I'm not a snake kinda guy.
Drink some deadly nightshade and see what happens, if you believe that line.
I'm not touching sick people - I might catch what they've got.
Recover from what?

Mark...
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:27 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.

So you're giving the fundies crap about "their" God, and then you're declaring your own God to exist. I think you're on shaky ground.


Fighting from within speaks to self protection I could lie and say I have no belief but honesty is always best.
I do not have a dogma to sell. I know to a non believer we are all the same but that is not so. Some of us can still use logic and reason.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:31 pm
mark noble

Thanks for the comments.
We are on the same page.

Regards
DL
0 Replies
 
stevecook172001
 
  1  
Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 04:16 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

Greatest I am wrote:
They all hurt their parent religions and everyone else who has a belief. They make us all into laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a God but not the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution.

So you're giving the fundies crap about "their" God, and then you're declaring your own God to exist. I think you're on shaky ground.


Fighting from within speaks to self protection I could lie and say I have no belief but honesty is always best.
I do not have a dogma to sell. I know to a non believer we are all the same but that is not so. Some of us can still use logic and reason.

Regards
DL

Come, come. Of course you have a dogma to sell. You're attempting to sell it now.
0 Replies
 
skeptic griggsy
 
  1  
Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:49 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I Am, ah, should you even take the metaphors and salvation as plausible? Why not become a modern deist? And why that anthology over other holy scriptues?
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:41 am
@skeptic griggsy,
skeptic griggsy wrote:

Greatest I Am, ah, should you even take the metaphors and salvation as plausible? Why not become a modern deist? And why that anthology over other holy scriptues?


Deist is my closest label already. Deist without a creator God that is.
The God I know is a cosmic consciousness found though apotheosis.
My faith is based on fact while most with faith do not have any facts.
Faith without facts is for fools.

Nothing is holy that has not been named so by man.
God has yet to utter one word here on earth unless you want to believe that a book of myth with a genocidal God is real information and not fantasy.

If you believe in fantasy then good luck in not growing up.

Regards
DL
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:52 am
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

Nothing is holy that has not been named so by man.


Hi Greatest!

I like this line.
Either everything is sacred or nothing is sacred - Nothing doesn't exist, so it can't be classified as.....Anything, really.
So everything is sacred - and by definition alone, that negates any stress of holiness upon all things.
So, it is not a case of 'nothing is sacred', it is a case of 'everything isn't sacred'.

This, albeit seemingly paradoxical, IS seemingly paradoxical, and therefore fails to establish a basis in the sensory domain.

Good on you Greatest, Have a lovely everything!
Mark...
0 Replies
 
djjd62
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:54 am
i will have no other god before me
mark noble
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:58 am
@djjd62,
Dj...Hi!

Mark...
0 Replies
 
Greatest I am
 
  1  
Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 02:13 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

i will have no other god before me


That's the spirit.
We are on the same page.

Regards
DL
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Belief in fantasy Gods. Literalists and Fundamentals.
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 12/04/2021 at 10:54:01