Gold--A Seller's Market?

Roberta

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:22 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

That's a weary excuse. I would like Thomas to argue about it. What he had for lunch is boring and, bearing in mind what it is by the time we read about it, somewhat distasteful.

Why not start another thread. Is the value of the dollar rising or falling?
ossobuco

Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:34 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple, this is a case where you are not in the know. Roberta is by far one of a2k's brighest lights. She has had horrendous difficulty, don't get me started. She owes, at the least, rent.

She is also a well respected book editor in NY.

I doubt loss of capital is anything she gives a **** for. She needs money to live. It all is complicated. Please don't just go judging.

I'm not nattering after you, as you couldn't just know all this.
roger

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 12:01 am
@Roberta,
Aha! A precise answer to the exact question I asked. Don't know why that should be unusual.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:45 am
@ossobuco,
In general osso, our capitalist society measures bright-sparkiness in terms of financial success. I know it's cruel but there it is.

Anybody who can't get rent together is in a small category at the bottom of the bright-spark's hierarchy and it has nothing to do with me. It's a scientific fact.
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:51 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Is the value of the dollar rising or falling?

It depends what it is being compared to. Compared to gold the $ has taken a beating in recent years. Tomorrow is for gamblers.
Roberta

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:47 am
@spendius,
I did not ask that question. I suggested you start a thread somewhere else with that title.

From the bottom of the bright-spark's hierarchy, I ask again that you take it somewhere else.
spendius

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:05 pm
@Roberta,
I beg your pardon then. I thought you had asked "Is the value of the dollar rising or falling?"
Krumple

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 02:17 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Oh, so you're saying that gold is a good investment given the circumstances. It certainly has been over the few years. On the other hand, I don't know that this is still true at today's prices. I also disagree with your proposition that the value of the dollar is falling. But I'll resist the temptation to argue about it, because I don't want to sidetrack Roberta's thread.

You don't read anything do you? I never said it was a good investment. I said gold is a way to maintain wealth due to the dollar value falling. Of course you don't believe the dollar value is falling because you buy into all the garbage out there.

The value of the dollar is falling dramatically. They are doing a great job trying to mask it. When you "print" money with reckless abandon like they are doing it will always reduce the value of the currency.

Gold isn't going up in price because there are hot new demands or the supply is dwindling. It is going up because the value of the dollar is dropping.
spendius

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:20 pm
@Krumple,
And if it doesn't stop dropping against gold Roberta has been given some shite advice.
Roberta

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:21 pm
@spendius,
Spendius, I appreciate the apology.

Krumple, If you insist on discussing the value of the dollar, please do it on another thread. Thanks.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:26 pm
@spendius,
The question wasn't whether or not to sell gold, but how to get the most cash for it right now. Rent needs to be paid. It's not like she's going to be popping the money into the bank and hoping it will increase in value.

With any luck, the value of gold against the U.S. dollar will continue to increase and Roberta will be able to sell more (currently useless to her) gold.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:32 pm
@Roberta,
I was about to say that you weren't taking the cash home to just sit on it.

Then I remembered this.

Roberta wrote:
I'm gonna order some new underwear

<made myself giggle>
Roberta

Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Made me giggle too.
0 Replies

Greg58

Fri 26 Jul, 2013 11:08 am
@Roberta,
If it is 14k Gold---definitely get some sell prices on it as Gold is going up and up in valve!

Dante
0 Replies