Reconstructo - Missing In Action?

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 07:54 am
Hi Everyone,
This is more of an announcement than a Thread.
I've just checked through Reconstructo's most recent posts and it seems he is having a fortnight of exam madness with his students (that time of year, I guess). So it is therefore likely that he has switched off for the duraton of.
I just thought I'd point this out, because I can see that he is widely missed.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Mark...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,159 • Replies: 13
No top replies

G-Thomson

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 10:20 am
@mark noble,
Well researched Mark.
I was wondering about Reconstructo as well. There are a few other memorable names from PF (that have ironically slipped my mind!) who haven't shown up as of yet.
mark noble

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:03 am
@G-Thomson,
Hi G,
I think the period of academia I mentioned could account for quite a few of the others. I've got some in-the-flesh friends that have yet to call in. But they will be doing so soon, they're busy with family issues at the moment.
"If you build it, they will come"
Thank you G, and may you prosper in health and essence.
Mark...
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Jun, 2010 11:12 am
Maybe he is off somewhere playing with his triangles or trinity or something with three parts to it. Or maybe he decided to go to the next set and add in a new point. So now he is playing with squares and sees everything as having four points. He is finding fours where ever he goes or reads. It's keeping him too busy to show up because it requires four clicks for him to get here and it's blowing his mind.
Twirlip

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:43 am
@Krumple,
Transporter malfunction?
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 08:55 am
He checked in under another user name in the Philforum check in thread, if anyone wishes to contact him his details are there.
0 Replies

onanismo1

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:25 pm
@Krumple,
Silly. May I call you Grumple?

Smile
onanismo1

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 10:32 pm
@mark noble,
I didn't know I had any students. I dropped out of school in the negative third grade. I went on to betray my Vulcan heritage.

Mathematics is beautiful. Why? Because if all language is abstraction (isn't it?), then mathematics is precise abstraction. Grumple (forgive me the joke as I forgive yours) mistakes me for a number mystic or structure-drunk. Ah, Grumple, if only you knew what a relative skeptic I am. All concepts are contingent. I mean self, causality, objectivity, etc., etc. Yeah, I like to connect dots, but these dots are not stable. So I am writing on water. The only stable think is absolute concept. And what is that? What do all concepts have in common? They are and they are one. Existence and unification. The rest is flux. Thus ends my little indulgence.
mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:12 am
@onanismo1,
Hi Recon,
Sorry about the misquote.

Wittgenstein / Blake / Tao / Etc.
Wed 9 Jun, 2010 06:01 am -
qualia;174909 wrote:
I apologise for not being on form this week. I've got two weeks of exam madness with the students, and it won't let up for a while. Nevertheless, I will try to... (view).

I read this in your posts and mistakenly assumed it was yours. I can see that it was Qualia's now.
Sorry! No harm done though.
Nice to see you back, by the way.
Have a great day Onanismo.
Mark...
Krumple

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 08:16 am
@onanismo1,
onanismo1 wrote:

Silly. May I call you Grumple?

Smile

You can call me what ever you want or wish recon. I have been called worse, it doesn't bother me. So how are those squares holding up for ya anyways?
Reconstructo

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:50 am
@Krumple,
I'm not too hot and bothered over squares just yet. I do have an affection for ideally straight lines.
Reconstructo

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2010 02:51 am
@mark noble,
No problem, of course. I was just having a little fun w/ it. Ah, if they did allow me to give tests, the tests given would not be boring.
0 Replies

mister kitten

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 01:52 pm
@Reconstructo,
The ideally straight lines that make up circles? : )
Reconstructo

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 04:50 am
@mister kitten,
Are you talking about an infinite number of tangent lines?

The 1 and the 0. Isn't it strange that we have the straight-edge and the compass for our most important constants? The line and the perfect curve. This connects to our letters i and o. I think certain glyphs caught on for aesthetic reasons. In English, our personal pronoun is phallic, or one can see it as a minimalist drawing of a human.

I don't stop in here much, as my private messages are blocked for no good reason. But here's an update. I've been drawn into the web of Plato and Parmenides. Footnotes to Plato. It's true. And maybe Plato is an elaboration of Pythagoras and Parmenides.
0 Replies