[resolved]Problem with ads. . .

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:32 am
I'm having a few problems with the ads on the forums (I haven't checked other parts of the site). On the search page I'm getting fastclick.net banners & skyscrapers, both of which point to http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?sid=11529&m=1&c=1 . . . but clicking them ends me up every time at http://pages.ebay.com/ (after jumping through some adfarm.mediaplex.com url).

It first happened to me when clicking an ad that said something like "how can YOU answer the president's call?" ... for a second I thought ebay marketters had gone a little overboard Smile

On the viewtopic pages the fastclick banners on the top have the same problem, but the tribalfusion skyscrapers down the side aren't loading the ad's graphic, and clicking them ends me up at www.burstnet.com/error.html
The alexa & smilycentral skyscrapers on viewtopic, however, display and link out just fine.

The ads from z1.adserver.com work fine, too.

Are you seeing it the same way, Craven?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,757 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 06:58 am
Nah, I'm not seeing fastclick on the Search pages at all (they are below burst's inventory.

As to view topic it means the burst ads with tribal fusion aren't working but the fastlick ones are.

Odd, sounds like fastclick is working one one but not the other and burst is not working on one.

I gotta get some sleep but I'll look into this later on.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:27 am
I removed a new network from the rotation the change should go live in a bit, can you tell me if it's improved?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:31 am
As of now, it still works for me exactly the same as I described above, except that I started seeing the occasional adsonar ad on viewtopic, which is working fine for the most part. However, I clicled adsonar's wine baskets ad (which is a default, rather than relevent ad), and that link brought me to http://www.able2know.com/cgi-bin/links/jump2.cgi?ID=989 , which only showed the portal saying "Oops, we had the following problem: Cant find ID number:". However, following that link I just posted here works as intended...the site loads fine, along with your 'rate this link' frame on the top...but I can't get the wine baskets ad to load again in adsonar in order to check if the link messes up every time from there.

By the way, the z1.adserver.com ads that I mentioned in the first post (which work fine), are displaying on the bottom of the posting.php "Your message has been entered successfully" page, which is weird because it's always the same exact ad as the fastclick ones I see on the top of that page (which incorrectly send me to ebay).

All of these problems are perfectly consistent for me, as far as I can tell.

Gimme a day & I'll see if I can duplicate them on another computer.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:50 am
Ad Sonar is only running on the music forum. And it's slow because they have not launched their real servers (we are part of a test run off their servers in Israel). In a few days they should go live with a stateside server set.

Bottom of posting and all other confirmation pages are straight up fastclick ads.

These shouldn;t be computer issues, the reason you are seeing different stuff than I is because you are in Japan so you are hitting defaults much sooner.

I have been testing code since my reply, the problems (and there are at least two) seem to be on the ad networks' end.

Fastclick seems to have a server that is not loading right and some Burst campaigns aren't working as redirects.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 08:59 am
Yeah I understood they weren't computer issues, mees just added that line at the end to be extra sure. I updated the explanation about the adsonar 'all wine baskets' problem right at the same time you posted, as I was trying to make my explanation a little more coherent...whaddaya think about that one? A one-time transitive thing, maybe?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 09:06 am
Dunno bout the wine baskets. I'm not too worried about that as that network is doing lots of testing and has lots of anomalities.

I'm just trying to get Burst Tribal Fusion and Fastclick sorted out. I pulled Gorilla Nation and a few other smaller networks till I can get this resolved.

But I'm working with a pretty severe limitation imposed on me by one of the networks so I'll have to wait a week before I can really tinker.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 12:53 pm
I'm marking this resolved. It's not resolved yet on the live site but I have been working to resolve it in testing and it should be a non-issue soon.

In case you are curious I have been quashing javascript bugs, serving javascript through javascript invocations has been problematic, what I will do is serve the ads through an ad server instead of using their defaults.

Some issues are transitive ones on the ad network's ends. Those they will have to resolve. I'll just avoid them if it breaks the revenue chain.
0 Replies