Do any religions have any kind of checks and balances

trismegisto

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:13 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;168854 wrote:
Once again, what are you talking about? Where and who are these people who claim that matter has no mass? I want to see where this is stated. I'll go as far as to make the claim that it is only you who is making this claim. Well I suppose if your source are some apologetics then maybe they have convinced you but crack open any science book and you will not find it say matter has no mass. Take a beginners chemistry class and you will learn probably on day one that matter has mass.

Whoa, for a moron you certainly are opinionated. I am so embarrassed for you. I can't believe you actually post this nonsense on the internet where potentially millions of people will see just how ignorant you are.

Tell you what, go ask a scientist, any scientist about the Higgins Boson. Not one of your friends that read a book by stephen hawkings once, but an actual scientist with a university level education. I am sure you don't know any personally (you would never post such opinions, if you did) but they are out there have a look. And don't ask the bloggers you clearly get all you information from.

Then when you have audited a little knowledge from which ever scientist you choose, I will accept your apology. You will only remain ignorant if you choose to do so.

Krumple;168854 wrote:
You might believe this, but the educated have a different approach.

Since you have clearly never had a conversation with, or read the opinion of, an educated person, how can you make this assertion?
Krumple

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:27 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;169392 wrote:
Whoa, for a moron you certainly are opinionated. I am so embarrassed for you. I can't believe you actually post this nonsense on the internet where potentially millions of people will see just how ignorant you are.

Ah so you are just trolling alright, I get it.

Tell you what, go ask a scientist, any scientist about the Higgins Boson. Not one of your friends that read a book by stephen hawkings once, but an actual scientist with a university level education. I am sure you don't know any personally (you would never post such opinions, if you did) but they are out there have a look. And don't ask the bloggers you clearly get all you information from.

All "empty" space is filled with the Higgs field, the Higgs field will "cluster" around any particle and impede it's progress. This generates the effects of mass.

A side effect of this field theory would be the production of "Higgs Particles". Imagine the collision between two particles, which will produce energy. This energy can also cause the Higgs field to "cluster" and give the impression of mass were there is no particle.

But I guess you have a problem with the word "theory".

Then when you have audited a little knowledge from which ever scientist you choose, I will accept your apology. You will only remain ignorant if you choose to do so.

Since you have clearly never had a conversation with, or read the opinion of, an educated person, how can you make this assertion?

Funny how you accuse someone and then ask a question about the accusation but then turn around and make the same accusation. Like you completely ignore your own advice.
trismegisto

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:37 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple;169395 wrote:
Ah so you are just trolling alright, I get it.

Its not trolling when you post nonsense. I thought you would have figured that out by now since nobody takes you seriously.

Krumple;169395 wrote:
All "empty" space is filled with the Higgs field, the Higgs field will "cluster" around any particle and impede it's progress. This generates the effects of mass.

A side effect of this field theory would be the production of "Higgs Particles". Imagine the collision between two particles, which will produce energy. This energy can also cause the Higgs field to "cluster" and give the impression of mass were there is no particle.

But I guess you have a problem with the word "theory".

I should of told you not to check wikipedia as well. I should have known better.

So now you know that in order for your precious science to make any sense they have to insert an imaginary field that magically produces mass. Even though, no evidence has ever been produced to support the existence of this field other than it must exist for everything else to be correct.

Where's my apology? You at least thank me for enlightening you a little.
I have no problem with theories, what I have a problem with are idolaters, such as yourself, thinking a theory is a fact. It is not a fact, it is only a guess. And in this particular case a pretty far fetched guess, it is the same as saying that santa claus sprinkles fairy dust on matter to give it mass. There is exactly the same amount of evidence to support each THEORY.

Just keep that in mind before you post your faith for the world to see.

Krumple;169395 wrote:
Funny how you accuse someone and then ask a question about the accusation but then turn around and make the same accusation. Like you completely ignore your own advice.

Its funnier how you can you the same five words over and over in one sentence to create gibberish.

Will you ever give up? You are only embarrassing yourself.
Krumple

Reply Wed 26 May, 2010 09:44 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;169399 wrote:
Its not trolling when you post nonsense. I thought you would have figured that out by now since nobody takes you seriously.

Have I ever been expecting them to?

I should of told you not to check wikipedia as well. I should have known better.

I guess you think everything comes from wikipedia because this is the second time you have accused me of using it. But this reference does not come from wikipedia, sorry.

So now you know that in order for your precious science

I should have known not to enter into a conversation with you about this topic. Anyone who will make a statement like "precious science" is probably someone not worth having a scientific discussion with.

Where's my apology? You at least thank me for enlightening you a little.

Yeah I'll give you an apology. I'm sorry I thought you were educated enough to have a simple discussion.

Its funnier how you can you the same five words over and over in one sentence to create gibberish.

Will you ever give up? You are only embarrassing yourself.

Oh how I hate to be embarrassed, oh nos...
trismegisto

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 09:43 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;169401 wrote:
Have I ever been expecting them to?
I guess you think everything comes from wikipedia because this is the second time you have accused me of using it. But this reference does not come from wikipedia, sorry.
I should have known not to enter into a conversation with you about this topic. Anyone who will make a statement like "precious science" is probably someone not worth having a scientific discussion with.
Yeah I'll give you an apology. I'm sorry I thought you were educated enough to have a simple discussion.
Oh how I hate to be embarrassed, oh nos...

I take it you finally discovered how totally wrong you were since you apparently have no defense for your idiocy.

Go ahead and complain about how stupid I make you look, it doesn't matter to me, just stop posting your ignorant lies to support your fanatical faith in science.

Grow up kid, stop believing everything the grownups tell you. And you should probably ask your parents before you use their computer, hahaha.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:29 am
@reasoning logic,
Trismeg
No matter what low self esteem problems you suffer, you will not raise them an inch trying to bring everyone down to your level... If you are right, you are right, and it may not be easier to prove it than to demean everyone, but it is certainly more polite
trismegisto

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:18 pm
@Fido,
Fido;170409 wrote:
Trismeg
No matter what low self esteem problems you suffer, you will not raise them an inch trying to bring everyone down to your level... If you are right, you are right, and it may not be easier to prove it than to demean everyone, but it is certainly more polite

Just don't spread your lies and you'll be alright.
Fido

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 06:47 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;170564 wrote:
Just don't spread your lies and you'll be alright.

If I spread any lies they will be spread so thin even a blind one like you can see through them...Since the truth is free, but lies cost everybody, why not get some real milage out of them...
trismegisto

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 08:15 pm
@Fido,
Fido;170580 wrote:
If I spread any lies they will be spread so thin even a blind one like you can see through them...Since the truth is free, but lies cost everybody, why not get some real milage out of them...

...........................blah blah blah..............................
Fido

Reply Sat 29 May, 2010 11:47 pm
@trismegisto,
trismegisto;170628 wrote:
...........................blah blah blah..............................

I have met punching bags with more brains... I could introduce you...
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 01:17 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic;162191 wrote:
I am new to the philosophy of religion and was wondering if religions have any kind of checks and balances to make sure that they know what they are teaching is correct?

From what I understand science does!

You are asking if there is a religion that is correct. How might we know?
0 Replies

trismegisto

Reply Sun 30 May, 2010 08:43 am
@Fido,
Fido;170697 wrote:
I have met punching bags with more brains... I could introduce you...

You are still blathering? Haven't you embarrassed yourself enough? You have never posted a single valid argument, why do you even come here? Do you just enjoy demonstrating to the world just how ignorant you are?

It's working.
0 Replies

cluckk

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2010 09:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I think they do, naturally...They all say the others are full of shet, which means they are all full of shet...

Fido, you paint with two broad of a brush. If I say you are full of 'shet' then either you are full of 'shet' or I am full of 'shet' for saying it. This does not mean we are both full of 'shet.' If you are wrong then I am right for pointing it out. If you are right then I am wrong for claiming your error.
Fido

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 06:17 am
@cluckk,
cluckk;173386 wrote:
Fido, you paint with two broad of a brush. If I say you are full of 'shet' then either you are full of 'shet' or I am full of 'shet' for saying it. This does not mean we are both full of 'shet.' If you are wrong then I am right for pointing it out. If you are right then I am wrong for claiming your error.

Do you think they could all be lying when they deny the validity of the others??? That is the one point upon which they all agree, and there at least, they are correct... Religion is old science, and it does not deliver the good which it promised... It would be better outlawed...If every church had to show it was doing good in order to remain as a corporation, and if every corporation had to follow the same rules in regard to doing a public good there would be few corporations, as churches are... We presume without evidence that the private good will result in a public benefit, and we have held that belief as a people for over two hundred years... Is it not time to reconsider, and to put a harnass on all corporations, and whip them intopublic service???
cluckk

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 06:40 am
@Fido,
Fido;173777 wrote:
Religion is old science, and it does not deliver the good which it promised... It would be better outlawed...QUOTE]

You are frightening. So you are the arbiter of what belief should and should not be allowed. I see the only problem is with religions other than the Religion of the Great Fido. Fido will tell the unwashed masses what they can and cannot believe. Fido will lead you into all truth. Fido is the essence of truth and good.

Those who deny God are seldom far from declaring themselves to be god.

The interesting thing about atheists--who spend so much time ranting about the persecution of Galileo--is how quickly you would raise the wire and imprison those who disagree with you. Hatred infects all people and all faiths, even yours. I understand this does not describe all atheists, but you show your true colors quickly Fido.
0 Replies

stealth4933

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 01:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
I am a christian and a scientist. It is wrong to say that every scientist believes that there is not god. I do not believe things like evolution could have happened unless there is some kind of all powerful being guiding it along.

I would also like to address that many of my friends that cite advances in science as their reason for becoming atheists do not really know anything about science. I am not trying to bash all atheists, I am just saying that science and christianity are not necessarily inconsistent with each other.
Fido

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 01:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
I would be kinder than the Christians and Muslim in what I outlaw; for I would not pursue the godly and burn them at a stake... I would say: If you believe in the necessity of government, that people as much as possible should act rationally and defend their actions with reason, then join the citizens in self government... If you have already conceded your power of rational thought to another, given up reason for faith, then you must go along to get along, for politics and self government is the provence of free people and slaves are not invited...

---------- Post added 06-06-2010 at 03:09 PM ----------

stealth4933;173855 wrote:
I am a christian and a scientist. It is wrong to say that every scientist believes that there is not god. I do not believe things like evolution could have happened unless there is some kind of all powerful being guiding it along.

I would also like to address that many of my friends that cite advances in science as their reason for becoming atheists do not really know anything about science. I am not trying to bash all atheists, I am just saying that science and christianity are not necessarily inconsistent with each other.

It does not matter what a person believes in a nation state, and there is room for all manor of belief... What does matter is what people do, and that they act with good reason, and accept the responsibility of freedom which is to do no harm... Believe what you want, but do as you must, acting as a free person worthy of your freedom...
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2010 02:24 pm
@stealth4933,
stealth4933;173855 wrote:

I do seem to agree with you.
I do think that there are christain scientist, atheist scientist, christian pedafiles, atheist pedafiles, christian murderers and atheist murderers and the list goes on and on.
The only thing I would like to point out is that delusions are not bias they do not choose their host. [intellectual or unintellectual] [christian or atheist]Smile
0 Replies

cluckk

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 12:50 pm
@Fido,
Fido;173856 wrote:
I would be kinder than the Christians and Muslim in what I outlaw; for I would not pursue the godly and burn them at a stake... I would say: If you believe in the necessity of government, that people as much as possible should act rationally and defend their actions with reason, then join the citizens in self government... If you have already conceded your power of rational thought to another, given up reason for faith, then you must go along to get along, for politics and self government is the provence of free people and slaves are not invited...

---------- Post added 06-06-2010 at 03:09 PM ----------

It does not matter what a person believes in a nation state, and there is room for all manor of belief... What does matter is what people do, and that they act with good reason, and accept the responsibility of freedom which is to do no harm... Believe what you want, but do as you must, acting as a free person worthy of your freedom...

So now you would not outlaw religion. I guess if you are god then immutable is not one of your qualities.

I laugh everytime anyone brings up the people burned, tortured and killed by the church (you at least lump the Muslims in). I laugh because those killed, for the most part died for their beliefs. The largest number killed were Christians deemed heretical or Jews who refused to give up their faith. Such efforts to besmirch the faith of oppressors actually gives great reason to praise the faith of the martyrs. What is to be despised is abuse of power, no matter what the basis or the excuse. People giving up life for what they believe demonstrate the beauty and power of faith. The twentieth century shows just how deadly the atheist can be--abuse of power infects all faiths even yours.
Fido

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2010 05:21 pm
@cluckk,
cluckk;174297 wrote:
So now you would not outlaw religion. I guess if you are god then immutable is not one of your qualities.

I laugh everytime anyone brings up the people burned, tortured and killed by the church (you at least lump the Muslims in). I laugh because those killed, for the most part died for their beliefs. The largest number killed were Christians deemed heretical or Jews who refused to give up their faith. Such efforts to besmirch the faith of oppressors actually gives great reason to praise the faith of the martyrs. What is to be despised is abuse of power, no matter what the basis or the excuse. People giving up life for what they believe demonstrate the beauty and power of faith. The twentieth century shows just how deadly the atheist can be--abuse of power infects all faiths even yours.

It is nonsense to die for your beliefs, and worse is to kill for your beliefs, and what exactly is the difference since each sort holds their beliefs as greater than life??? It is wrong to think the banning of religion from politics equates to an abuse of power... If people truly accept their faith, then they do not need political power which Jesus, and I trust the Muslim clerics generally reject... Instead, it is the leaders of the flocks who never deliver the goods of religion, and constantly desire greater and greater power, and it is the power to deny rights, and makes slaves of their population... In many places in this country, the United States, The churches have exerted undue influence in elections almost from the beginning of this country... There are records of their weighing in on National elections in the most extreme fashion; and they have done this under the cover of a right that is, in fact, a privilage to exist as a tax free corporation...

If I express a political opinion, I do so as a tax paying citizen... For that sacrifice I buy the right to express my mind and cast my vote... If I should belong to some quasi religio political club, why should I expect others who do not believe as I -to carry the weight I refuse to carry??? It is moral to expect those who believe in their leaders and say they believe in God to follow the leaders and beliefs they advance... It is immoral for those who believe that no matter what they do that they will be saved by faith to take the whole country down the tubes with them... Goverment is the place where rational people must meet to manage the present and prepare for the future, and it is no place for the purveyors of faith and practicioners of magic...
0 Replies