Have we come full circle in Afghanistan?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:53 am
The Iraq situation will turn out worse than Afghanistan; the American People will not have the heart to continue seeing body bags coming home for very long. Although it's the strategy of the US to train Iraqis to police their own country, look what happened in Afghanistan. The warlords have taken over most of the country, and the US is helpless to control anything. Their production of opium has increased, and you know where most of that ends up. It makes me wonder why the democrats don't/won't challenge GWBush for his failures. This administration keeps changing their mind about how many troops are needed in Iraq. They wanted more participation from the UN, then recently said they're going to reduce our military down to 115,000, then changed again to say we're going to increase our troops in Iraq to 150,000. They just don't know what they are doing at the expense of the American People. Sadly, most are buying.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:12 am
I wonder a little bit that you now refer to that tragic incident in Afgahnistan, since it happened on Sunday and was reported yesterday in our papers.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 01:53 pm
I kept hoping someone else would mention it, since when I post notice of these things it becomes merely another example of my "Bush hating anti-Americanness," and tends not to be addressed. I am surprised no one else picked up on it. Sad
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 09:43 am
Oh look, we got six more...wow..there's six kids who'll never grow up to be terrorists! That's the solution, kill em all! SadKill'em all, God will know his own.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:35 am
hobit, Those six kids won't become terrorists against Americans, but their parents, other family members, and friends will become terrorists. Isn't it sad that this administration doesn't see what they are producing for the future of this world?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 12:01 pm
Yes, you're right, we should abandon our military might and all start praying to Mecca. That way, when your daughter shows her little toe to a strange man people in your community can stone her to death.

We should just let the backwards, fundamentalist Islamic people run the world. That way there would be peace for everyone!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:55 pm
McGent, How many "(extremist) fundalmentalist Islamic people" do you think exists in this world of over six billion? Your irrational fear is what drives this country to do stupid things.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 01:58 pm
McGent, Who said "we should abandon our military might and all start praying to Mecca?" YOU, and you alone.
0 Replies