Kooks On The Loose - A Compendium of Bizzare Cults & Would-Be Messiahs

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2009 06:25 pm
Anti-Christ, Aliens, and UFOs - The Cutting Edge Radio Program - Transcript of ANTI-CHRIST, ALIENS, AND UFO'S.

The connection between Aliens, Satan, Jesus, and the New World Order is finally revealed, along with a bunch of other really silly stuff.

Unarius Academy of Science - Unarius - Reincarnation understood as Evolution

Unarius founder Ruth Gordon (who now goes by "Uriel") believes that she personally defeated Satan with the help of extra-terrestrials, that reincarnation is the next step in human evolution, and that a group of aliens known as the Space Brothers are going to transform all of humanity into some new cosmic form. This is an actual religion.

Summum - Summum - Mummification of Transference

Not a cult, but certainly odd. Are you bored with the usual funeral arrangements? Now's your chance to get mummified when you die. These chaps will be glad to assist for only $67,000. What a bargin.

The Starchild Project - Is the Starchild an alien-human hybrid or a hoax?

Lloyd Pye alleges that he found a human/alien hybrid skull and explains his theories about it.

The Roman Piso Page - The Roman Piso Homepage

The greatest conspiracy theory of all time. According to the author, Jesus was a fictional character created by members of Rome's Piso family, in an attempt to create a new religious cult that would be comforting and acceptible to the slaves of the Empire. Like most conspiracy theories, he has lots of documentation and rhetoric to support his claims.

The Raelians - Intelligent : Design - Message from the Designers

A international religion that worships aliens known as The Designers. Essentially, they believe that ALL religions are true, and that they were created by space aliens who will welcome us into their lives after we "evolve" enough. These people are serious.

Lord Maitreya - . Mission Of Maitreya, "Eternal DIvine Path"

This guy claims to be the second coming of every religious figure / prophet / messiah. He's here to save the world.

Intervention Theory - Lloyd Pye- Intervention Theory- Hominoids (Bigfoot, Sasquatch)- Starchild- Alien/Human Hybrid

Another site from Lloyd Pye (of the Starchild Project) in which he asserts that humans were created by aliens and tries to prove this.

David Icke - David Icke Website - Home

David Icke claims that some weird X-Files-type conspiracy is attempting to censor him. Apparently, Dave discovered that "...A SHAPESHIFTING REPTILIAN RACE (THE "CHITAURI" TO AFRICANS) HAS CONTROLLED HUMANITY FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS AND HOW THEIR BLOODLINES ARE IN THE POSITIONS OF ROYAL, POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC POWER TODAY..." Of course, nobody has ever seen or taken pictures of these shapeshifting reptiles, because they have the ability to shape-shift, making them totally indistinguishable from ordinary human beings! In addition, the Flu Vaccine is actually a mind-control drug. All kinds of crazy conspiracy theories here. Enjoy!

Avatar Adi Da Samraj - Avatar Adi Da and the Transcendental Spiritual Practice of Adidam

This guy is something else. I've been watching his site evolve since the mid-90's and with each year it becomes more and more grandiose. A long time ago, in a faraway place called New Jersey, young Franklin Jones, came to the stunning realization that he was a god. He soon concocted a new religion based on the idea that he's god, and everyone needs to worship him. He purchased an island near Fiji, and took a number of followers with him, where to this day, they worship him and do his biding. Not just anyone can be part of his faith, however. Only those who make significant financial donations are allowed to join. He's getting old, however, and I'll be interested to see what happens when he finally croaks. Another Jonestown, perhaps? Time will tell.

The Breatharians - Breatharians/Ascension

Learn how to be immortal for only $10,000. The founder of this cult, Wiley Brooks, claims to have come from the 5th dimension to save humanity and that eating food is bad for you. So he claims that for the last 30 years, he's been living on nothing but air and water. He claims that you have to learn to breathe correctly, and that by following his special technique, you can not only live forever, but you can become a god.

The Angelic Conspiracy and End Times Deception - Apocalypse 2012 Antichrist Conspiracy 33 End Times, Prophecy, Nostradamus, Apocalypse, Flylnn & Ouroboros Doomsday & Cydonia Mars, UFOs & the Bible, Aliens & Angels, Nephilim

Another random nutcase who links UFOs, Satanic conspiracies, Bible Prophecies, and all kinds of other stuff togather. He claims: "The Milky Way Galaxy is the inspiration for the symbol of the Ouroboros. Myth refers to a serpent of light residing in the heavens. The Milky Way is this serpent, and viewed at galactic central point near sagittarius, this serpent eats its own tail." You name it, this guy believes it.

Alex Chiu - Immortality Devices by Alex Chiu

This guy is so entertaining that I'm not even going to describe this site. You have to see it for yourself.

The Aetherius Society - The Aetherius Society Home Page

Another group of UFO-worshipers who combine all kinds of wackiness (eg. telepathy, ancient astronauts, pyramid power, etc) with karmic yoga. Go figure.

Yaweh Ben Yaweh - Yahweh Ben Yahweh

This guy is pretty straightforward. He claims to be no less than THE SON OF GOD, the Second coming of Christ, himself. Yahweh Ben Yahweh is not his birthname, that's for sure, and he hasn't performed any miracles to speak of, in fact, he and 16 of his followers are currently in prison. Apparently, the U.S. Government put a stop to his first miracle -- He was going to perform a "miracle explosion" of a federal building, but he got caught. Yahweh Ben Yahweh is sort of like Louis Farrakhan with a messiah complex. You see, according to Yahweh Ben Yahweh, only black people can be the chosen ones and go to heaven, and white people are all evil.

Aggressive Christianity Training Corps - Aggressive Christianity--Home of Shim Ra Na Holy Tribal Nation

One word: wow. This ultra-fundamentalist group is one of the most paranoid and bizzare Christian splinter groups I've ever seen. These guys dress in quasi-military uniforms, take on ranks, and follow this a woman named Lila Greene. Booted out of several states because of their abuse towards members and children, these people are no different than the Branch Davidians or Heaven's Gate cults.

You might also want to read the Wikipedia article on them: Aggressive Christianity Missionary Training Corps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brother Jed - Welcome To The Campus Ministry USA! ~ Welcome

This is the home site of Jed Smock, also known as Brother Jed. He and his wife ("Sister Cindy The Warrior") and their children tour the US every year, hitting all the college and university campuses, spreading the message of Fundamentalist Christian hate. I have personally interacted with this guy at two different universities and found him to be completely insane. I witnessed him yell at a woman who was wearing a sleeveless shirt, "Repent you sl_ut! Cover your arms in the name of Jesus!" This guy is particularly misguided because he takes any outcry or protest against him as a virtue that he is doing the right thing. You can hear him yelling for at least a mile; no exaggeration.

Alpha and Omega Amighty Wind Ruach Ha Kodesh Wildfire Last Chance Ministry - Amightywind - End Time Prophecies by Prophet Elisabeth Elijah Nikomia, Biblical Prophecy

This is THE CHRISTIAN KOOK SITE TO END ALL CHRISTIAN KOOK SITES. I've seen some crazed fundamentalists in my day, but NOTHING compares to this woman.
She is a Messianic Jew, a very bizzare group in their own right. She believes that God beams messages directly into her skull about just about every possible topic and she's convinced of her own quasi-divinity. This is another site that I've been watching since the mid-90's.

When the site first appeared, she was "Reverend" Sheri Elijah, but today she refers to herself as "Disciple" Shari Elijah. She has paranoid conspiracy theories on just about every topic from music to politics. She was single when her site appeared, but got married, and now believes that her husband is also a prophet who gets messages directly from God. Getting trapped in an elevator with these two nuts would probably be the worst punishment any rational person could hope to experience. This woman is scary and creepy in the worst possible way. You could spend several entertaining hours reading her wacky theories and "prophecies". Atheists and Chrstians alike will find her highly entertaining.

Geotran - The Mathematics of Creation - Official Web Site of Dorothy Wood Espiau

THE most goofy, unabashedly-for-profit, cult that I've ever seen. Geotran is the product of Dorthy Espiau who, like so many others, mixes all kinds of New Age drek together with quasi-Christian components as well as her own wacky interpretation of things. She's come up with a really strange conception of reality. I have to give her credit for being highly creative.

In addition to teaching this crap to people, she also sells a HUGE number of various "waters of life" - each specially 'annointed' to block negative energy; simple house-hold devices (but containing a mysterious additive to block evil, intangible "waves"), and all kinds of other hooey.

A truly amazing display of snake-oil selling, rivaled by none.

-ITL-
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,585 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 08:20 am
@IntoTheLight,
How could you possibly include the Raelians? It was founded by a racecar driver. How much more credible could that possibly be?
jeeprs

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 02:31 pm
@IntoTheLight,
Adi Da died from a heart attack in November 2008. He was a cult figure, to be sure, and someone to be avoided, but some of his books in the 80's and 90's were quite brilliant in their own way. I stumbled upon his 'Proof of God' in 1978 or so and read him for a couple of years. I realised it was a cult before the big scandal broke in 1983 and he was more or less forced to leave the country. But some of his teachings have stayed with me - he had some great aphorisms.
0 Replies

IntoTheLight

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 06:15 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus;106595 wrote:
How could you possibly include the Raelians? It was founded by a racecar driver. How much more credible could that possibly be?

LOL!!

The Raelians are one of my favorites; I've been following their site for years. Their prophecies chance from year to year, to suit the political climate of the day.

-ITL-

---------- Post added 12-01-2009 at 04:18 PM ----------

jeeprs;107353 wrote:
Adi Da died from a heart attack in November 2008. He was a cult figure, to be sure, and someone to be avoided, but some of his books in the 80's and 90's were quite brilliant in their own way.

There's no doubt that some of these folks have/had some interesting theories.

Quote:

I stumbled upon his 'Proof of God' in 1978 or so and read him for a couple of years. I realised it was a cult before the big scandal broke in 1983 and he was more or less forced to leave the country. But some of his teachings have stayed with me - he had some great aphorisms.

Again, I have no doubt that there is some wisdom in the works of some of these people. It's amusing, however, to see how they pronounced their own divinity. To me, that is someone who missed the big picture.

-ITL-
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 06:28 pm
@IntoTheLight,
well I can't argue with that. I remember picking up one of his books very early in the piece in the Adyar bookshop and asking the aged lady behind the counter about him. 'Can't say I like him much', she said. 'Very high opinion of himself....'.

I nevertheless learned something from him, no question.
IntoTheLight

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 09:31 pm
@jeeprs,
Having looked over the list again, I think my new favorite is this guy:

Breatharians/Ascension/2012

His site is worth reading for a good laugh, but what's even better is he refuses to answer any questions whatsoever unless you first send him $1,000,000.

From his site:

Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you have the $1,000,000.00 to pay for the workshop, but have not seen the movie "2012".

Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you have seen the movie "2012" but do not have the $1,000,000.00 for the workshop.

Contact me only if you have the $1,000,000.00 for the workshop and you have seen the movie "2012".

Students accepted and complete this workshop will be the leaders of the new Earth (5th dimensional Earth). The current earth (3rd dimensional Earth) will not be accessabe to anyone after after December 21, 2012.

These workshops can accommadate only one student at a time, and requires a minimum of 5 days to complete the first level. Because of the limited time before the 2012 dead line, students will be picked by the dates that the full payment is received. Priority will go to the earliest dates.

To do the workshops you must travel to southern Utah for the first 5 days.

The workshop includes a visit to Earth Prime in the 5th Dimension in your physical body if you are ready.

The cost of is $1,000,000.00 USD

The process starts with a $100,000.00 USD deposit via PAYPAL BELOW or BANK WIRE TRANFER.

CONTACT # (480)-406-9463
No Refunds

The sad thing is: there probably is someone out there who is dumb enough to fall for this...

[/SIZE]
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 10:11 pm
@IntoTheLight,
Is he from Nigeria? If not, should move there. Probably does not need air ticket, just think 'Nigeria', there you are.

---------- Post added 12-04-2009 at 03:30 PM ----------

Anwyay don't waste too much time bollocking these types. There is one born every minute, and plenty to go around.

'There would be no fool's gold, were it not for gold'.
0 Replies