My Esoteric analysis on the Santa Narrative

onlyone

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:49 pm
I posted this at another forum but they didnt appreciate it. So im hoping this is a better crowd.

Conceptually you would have to approach the subject heiarchially. So from the most important(inner) to the most outer(external).

Santa would be at the top. Because hes the central figure around christmas. His name is literally an angram for satan. That cant be denied. Satan in hebrew means adversary. An adversary to what? lets say its G-ds will. Theres G-d, and anything contrary to his will would be Satan.

Next in the heirarchy would be the active forces which create dissension, and "work" for the adversary. These would be the elves. Anybody acquainted with folklore know elves are associated with the earth(like snap,crackle pop), or gnomes, these are 'earth spirits'. This dialectic(logical sequence) says the adversary(satan, the force contrary to G-ds will) are manifest as physical desire(elves - earth spirits). Hence they create Satans "presents".

Satan/santa -> Elves - >

These presents built by physical desires are placed under a tree. A Pine, which has a pyramidal shape. The Shape connotes Heirachy. At the top is a Star or Angel. The Tree is also a symbol for a world(as in many animals/birds live in trees, see also "tree of life")At the bottom of the tree are the presents ie; physical desires literally manifest as presents. They serve for the glorification of the Adversary/Satan/santa.

How does Santa/Satan get into our houses? Our house is a symbol for the psyche. The front door would would be a direct way of relating with the psyche, so it would represent the conscious mind. The subconscious would be represented in this scheme by an indirect passage into the house. The chimney for instance. Arhcetypes(unconscious forces reponsbile for desires, often described as puppet masters who control and dictate the bahavior of humans. The psychoanalyst carl Jung coined this term. The ancient name for them were "gods")

Other elements in the christmas/santa narrative which allude to Satan are.

He comes from the north. In kabbalah, north is gevurah(the source of evil), the adversary(Santa/Satan) comes from the north. He wears red. Hes the archetypal crimson king. Red is a symbol for raw vitality. Used to symbolize physical desires(ie; the red light district).

8 reindeer symbolize infinity and 9 the transcendent function. The ninth reindeer, Rudolph(rudolph literally means red, to be rude would also mean that ones being led by his lower desires/animal self. The 9 symbolizes the trinity (3x3) Or Jungs Transcendent function) Rudolph(symbol for the self, or 'christ') leads Santas slay by his red nose(nose signifies spirit, his unconscious) and controls the Satan or adversary(the power of evil). This is a suprisingly clear reflection of the gnostic philosophy(which is explained by Jungian psychology as the transcendent function) where the Shadow(Satan/Santa) along with the souls 7 emotional functions(7 sefirot) and the mind(8 - neshama in hebrew is the mind, which is eternal) is integrated into the overall psyche of the initiate by the 9th (3x3) reindeer which symbolizes the sefira of Chokmah(intuition or emotional nature/god- hence rudolphs red nose, which lights the way).

If you want a clearer understanding of this go into the G-ds names thread where i explain the gnostic/pagan philosophy/psychology in more depth.

This is basically from what i understand. Seems pretty accurate. could be a few mistakes or something left out.

Tell me what you think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 984 • Replies: 9
No top replies

salima

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 06:54 pm
@onlyone,
i think it belongs in the lounge forum....pretty cute, though
onlyone

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 07:38 pm
@salima,
salima;105022 wrote:
i think it belongs in the lounge forum....pretty cute, though

oh good, thats what i was aiming for.

man oh man oh man:nonooo:

---------- Post added 11-21-2009 at 08:42 PM ----------

As for your quote beneath your avatar, does that parallel what i just wrote?

we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

LOL. Im sorry, this is a little funny. The enemy is ours, as in our own evil inclination, or 'unconscious nature'. He may be us. so were evil? This is like Jesus' saying 'love thy enemies" literally, love your own evil nature.....

Dont worry about responding. I know you'll be glib about it.
salima

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2009 10:34 pm
@onlyone,
onlyone;105030 wrote:
oh good, thats what i was aiming for.

man oh man oh man:nonooo:

---------- Post added 11-21-2009 at 08:42 PM ----------

As for your quote beneath your avatar, does that parallel what i just wrote?

we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

LOL. Im sorry, this is a little funny. The enemy is ours, as in our own evil inclination, or 'unconscious nature'. He may be us. so were evil? This is like Jesus' saying 'love thy enemies" literally, love your own evil nature.....

Dont worry about responding. I know you'll be glib about it.

oh, poor us, i guess you are the 'only one' who understands the deep esoteric meaning of your OP.

as for the quote beneath my signature (or did you mean the title beneath my avatar?) it has nothing to do with evil, unless i missed out on the esoteric meaning behind pogo.

dont worry about responding, i am unsubscribing-
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 22 Nov, 2009 12:32 am
@onlyone,
onlyone;105021 wrote:
I posted this at another forum but they didnt appreciate it. So im hoping this is a better crowd.

Conceptually you would have to approach the subject heiarchially. So from the most important(inner) to the most outer(external).

Santa would be at the top. Because hes the central figure around christmas. His name is literally an angram for satan. That cant be denied. Satan in hebrew means adversary. An adversary to what? lets say its G-ds will. Theres G-d, and anything contrary to his will would be Satan.

Next in the heirarchy would be the active forces which create dissension, and "work" for the adversary. These would be the elves. Anybody acquainted with folklore know elves are associated with the earth(like snap,crackle pop), or gnomes, these are 'earth spirits'. This dialectic(logical sequence) says the adversary(satan, the force contrary to G-ds will) are manifest as physical desire(elves - earth spirits). Hence they create Satans "presents".

Satan/santa -> Elves - >

These presents built by physical desires are placed under a tree. A Pine, which has a pyramidal shape. The Shape connotes Heirachy. At the top is a Star or Angel. The Tree is also a symbol for a world(as in many animals/birds live in trees, see also "tree of life")At the bottom of the tree are the presents ie; physical desires literally manifest as presents. They serve for the glorification of the Adversary/Satan/santa.

How does Santa/Satan get into our houses? Our house is a symbol for the psyche. The front door would would be a direct way of relating with the psyche, so it would represent the conscious mind. The subconscious would be represented in this scheme by an indirect passage into the house. The chimney for instance. Arhcetypes(unconscious forces reponsbile for desires, often described as puppet masters who control and dictate the bahavior of humans. The psychoanalyst carl Jung coined this term. The ancient name for them were "gods")

Other elements in the christmas/santa narrative which allude to Satan are.

He comes from the north. In kabbalah, north is gevurah(the source of evil), the adversary(Santa/Satan) comes from the north. He wears red. Hes the archetypal crimson king. Red is a symbol for raw vitality. Used to symbolize physical desires(ie; the red light district).

8 reindeer symbolize infinity and 9 the transcendent function. The ninth reindeer, Rudolph(rudolph literally means red, to be rude would also mean that ones being led by his lower desires/animal self. The 9 symbolizes the trinity (3x3) Or Jungs Transcendent function) Rudolph(symbol for the self, or 'christ') leads Santas slay by his red nose(nose signifies spirit, his unconscious) and controls the Satan or adversary(the power of evil). This is a suprisingly clear reflection of the gnostic philosophy(which is explained by Jungian psychology as the transcendent function) where the Shadow(Satan/Santa) along with the souls 7 emotional functions(7 sefirot) and the mind(8 - neshama in hebrew is the mind, which is eternal) is integrated into the overall psyche of the initiate by the 9th (3x3) reindeer which symbolizes the sefira of Chokmah(intuition or emotional nature/god- hence rudolphs red nose, which lights the way).

If you want a clearer understanding of this go into the G-ds names thread where i explain the gnostic/pagan philosophy/psychology in more depth.

This is basically from what i understand. Seems pretty accurate. could be a few mistakes or something left out.

Tell me what you think.

I think you are over thinking this to say the least. First off, santa is an anagram for satan in the English language, but considering that neither is an original concept in English means it is a nice coincidence, but is totally irrelevant as a result.
0 Replies

Jackofalltrades phil

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 11:29 am
@onlyone,
If this is your work, you have done good out of a ******* santa, who no one good make sense off. Thanks for giving some symbolic perspective, and meta physical meaning.
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 03:36 am
@onlyone,
onlyone;105021 wrote:

I found this absorbing. Good stuff. It's one of many possible interpretations, but it's exciting.
kennethamy

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:13 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;114160 wrote:
I found this absorbing. Good stuff. It's one of many possible interpretations, but it's exciting.

Yes (I suppppppooooose). But is it true? And how can you tell? There is an Italian saying: "It doesn't matter whether it is true. It should be true",
Arjuna

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 08:39 am
@kennethamy,
Only one, you're being poetic?

Saint Nicholas is a name for what was a fearsome image... to children. Most children aren't quite rational enough to distinguish between an archetype and reality. So the fact that Santa is signficant to children shows that he comes into our world through the door of irrationality.

Gevurah is associated with the archangel Michael, who carries the scales of justice in one hand and a sword in the other. Red means action, movement, lack of equilibrium.

Why adults get such a kick out of scaring children whose only defense for their sanity is raw eros has always been a mystery to me. It's like some rite of passage intended to make them stronger. I think we take better care these days to support children instead of challenging them.
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Sat 26 Dec, 2009 01:21 am
@onlyone,
Red is a wicked color, isn't it?
0 Replies