phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

agente

Wed 18 May, 2005 09:36 am
Quote:
BTW, for upgrading from 2.0.11 to 2.0.15, you'll need to do the changes step-by-step i.e. 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 then 2.0.12 to 2.0.13 then 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 then 2.0.14 to 2.0.15. It's similar to installing mods and it might take some time.

I cant update using 2.0.11_to_2.0.15 file? Are you sure I have to update 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 .. 2.0.12 to 2.0.13 and go on?
0 Replies

hotmale

Wed 18 May, 2005 11:29 am
agente wrote:
I cant update using 2.0.11_to_2.0.15 file? Are you sure I have to update 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 .. 2.0.12 to 2.0.13 and go on?
It depends how you want to update. If you're going to change the code yourself, you'll need to do it one at a time. But if you're using one of phpBB's download packages, check out the documentaion :wink:

Thanks for all the help, 993ti Smile
0 Replies

sallam

Fri 20 May, 2005 10:32 am
Craven de Kere wrote:

I have no desire to support Easy Mod. I believe in knowing what you are doing and there is one instructuion (the lang file modification) that an automated solution simply would not be able to perform adequately.

Automation is no substitute for adept modifcation and for this reason I don't go out of my way to format my code for easy mod.

I understand your point and respect it Craven, but could you please reconsider?
I've manually installed it and it works like a charm, but to think that, evertime I need to upgrade to the next phpBB versions, that I'll have to go through all the those steps again, is not an easy task.

If it's all about re-ordering the file editing steps, then I hope you kindly reconsider and do it for all of us. Not only you will be helping all the newbies out there, but also making it easy for everyone when the time for upgrade comes. (the lang step can be easily manually edited by users, its no big deal at all)

Whatever you decide, please accept my deepest gratitude for this awesome mod.
0 Replies

EdwardNZ

Fri 20 May, 2005 04:50 pm
Hi. I've just installed this on my forum, and for guests it works perfectly, however when users log in it reverts to .php. I've had a look through page_header.php, and it dishes out the HTML if users aren't logged in, but how can I change this? Commenting out
Code:if ( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
dosen't work, so is there another file I should be looking at?

Thanks, Edward
0 Replies

993ti

Fri 20 May, 2005 06:03 pm
You have to delete this:
Code:if ( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
{

And the last } of
Code:$s = preg_replace($urlin, $urlout, $s);
return $s;
}
}
:wink:
0 Replies

Joe Belmaati

Sat 21 May, 2005 07:57 am
EdwardNZ wrote:
Hi. I've just installed this on my forum, and for guests it works perfectly, however when users log in it reverts to .php

That's the whole point of the MOD. Spiders are never going to be logged in so the URL rewriting is only needed for guests.
0 Replies

Didier

Sat 21 May, 2005 08:39 am
Hi, after installing your MOD (Able2Know.com Search Engine Optimization 2.0.0), i can't access my forum administration panel anymore.

The link on the bottom is gone and when i type the admin URL directly into my browser, it always redirects me to the forum index.

Also, i would like to know how i can use your "phpBB static URLs mod_rewrite 1.0.0" MOD if i don't have access to .htaccess (i already asked my hosting company but they won't let me :-(

Can anyone help plz?

Thanks in advance

Didier
0 Replies

sallam

Sat 21 May, 2005 09:04 am
Didier wrote:
how i can use your "phpBB static URLs mod_rewrite 1.0.0" MOD if i don't have access to .htaccess (i already asked my hosting company but they won't let me :-(

You don't need your host for that. Just paste the lines in a text file, name it .htaccess then upload it to your forum main directory. If you already have an htaccess file there, download it by ftp, open it in a text editor, then add the lines, and upload it back.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 23 May, 2005 08:42 pm
sallam wrote:

I understand your point and respect it Craven, but could you please reconsider?

It depends on the time it would take to do so.

For example, I am not willing to actively support easymod problems. So I'm not willing to setup a whole forum install just to test easymod.

However, if someone posts the syntax requirements for easymod I would be happy to try to adapt my mod where possible to the standard.

Whether it will end up easymod compliant or not would depend on feedback and the time I have, as I won't install easymod on my project sites and am unlikely to get time to setup an easymod sandbox.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 23 May, 2005 08:44 pm
Didier wrote:
Hi, after installing your MOD (Able2Know.com Search Engine Optimization 2.0.0), i can't access my forum administration panel anymore. The link on the bottom is gone and when i type the admin URL directly into my browser, it always redirects me to the forum index

You are either not logged in, or you have a problem with your code. My mod alone will not introduce this problem.

Note that the latest version of phpbb introduces a very similar problem if the database changes are not made.

Either way, if you apply this mod correctly, there is no problem. So you should try again, or pore over your code changes for the problem.
0 Replies

tthome

Tue 24 May, 2005 09:10 am
Craven,

I haven't been here in sometime and have had to upgrade my forum from 2.0.6 using the SEO mod to 2.0.15 not using the SEO mod and now have to rework the SEO mod again for the upgrade. I've read your reply on considering an EasyMOD install for SEO (which I pray you do). I for one would be willing to donate/pay about $5 to $10 for this MOD. I can tell you that I've noticed that since the upgrade I've had less visitors to my forum than before the SEO mod and I for one would be willing to pay you for the EasyMOD SEO program and from the popularity of this one thread alot of other people would too. I'm sure you already have a good revenue flow but adding to it never hurts. Besides you've already proven the SEO MOD works and can probably be used with EasyMOD.

Count me in on paying for a product worth paying for. Very Happy
0 Replies

Guy

Wed 25 May, 2005 07:48 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Didier wrote:
Hi, after installing your MOD (Able2Know.com Search Engine Optimization 2.0.0), i can't access my forum administration panel anymore. The link on the bottom is gone and when i type the admin URL directly into my browser, it always redirects me to the forum index

You are either not logged in, or you have a problem with your code. My mod alone will not introduce this problem.

Note that the latest version of phpbb introduces a very similar problem if the database changes are not made.

Either way, if you apply this mod correctly, there is no problem. So you should try again, or pore over your code changes for the problem.

i have the exact same problem.
i used a brand new installlation of phpbb 2.15 and i ran the db update install file.
the only hack i use is yours

edit: it might also be because my ip changes between requests, sorry
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Thu 26 May, 2005 08:31 pm
Guy wrote:

i used a brand new installlation of phpbb 2.15 and i ran the db update install file.

These are not compatible statements. Can you clarify?
0 Replies

stlgatekeeper

Tue 31 May, 2005 03:19 pm
Craven's Help Needed
Sir
In using your mod ... I have two questions...

1)When applied ... the "log out" link disappears is that supposed to happen?

2)Regarding the .htaccess ... do I simply place the added htaccess coding syntax into the htaccess file already in root or do I create another htaccess file and place it in my php forum directory?
0 Replies

billr1

Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:40 am
Is it possible to hire someone to install the SEO Mod?
Craven,

I hope this is not out of place here.

I can install a lot of scripts, but when it comes to editing or changing the
code in one such as adding your Mod, I am very lacking in ability.

I was wondering if you can recommend someone that can install the
mod on my site for me at a reasonable price.

If so it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bill R
0 Replies

stlgatekeeper

Wed 1 Jun, 2005 12:37 pm
I'd also be interested in having an install
You know ... being a complete newbie to phpbb and modifications ...

I'd be more than happy to pay for a mod tweak to my phpbb.

Please let me know as well if there is anyone (including yourself craven?) who would perform this service?
0 Replies

hotmale

Sat 4 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
Craven, I've successfully installed the first part of your mod. But couldn't install the second part which requires mod_rewrite because I don't seem to have it.

1) Is there a way to enable mod_rewrite?
2) Can I use the robots.txt and .htaccess tweaks as I don't have mod_rewrite?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:21 am
billr1 and stlgatekeeper,

At http://www.able2know.net the commercial web development department of A2K can be contacted. In the past I have installed the mod for clients there, but at present it would likely be done by someone else at able2know.net
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 6 Jun, 2005 02:22 am
hotmale wrote:

1) Is there a way to enable mod_rewrite?

Please speak to your server administrator about this, as this is a server configuration issue.

Quote:

2) Can I use the robots.txt and .htaccess tweaks as I don't have mod_rewrite?

Yes and no respectively.
0 Replies

drewh

Mon 6 Jun, 2005 07:46 pm
I installed this mod - but I still am seeing session ID's.

Take a look...

Edit (Moderator): URL removed

however - guests do not get them because of the static html pages.

Want me to place my code on here for sessions.php?
0 Replies