phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

Craven de Kere

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:23 am
Ok, remind me to test this on monday and I'll then provide the pre-edited files.
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 01:38 am
hello.. guys.. one more thing to tell u !! that when i had not used any mod i ws listed in google and two of tpic ver also there.. in google today still nothing changes .. I have only following ..

From my weblog i saw that google visits my site daily .. but my indexed pages are not increasing.. how much should i wait ???

................ do google don't like my site that's y has included on few pages ???
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 01:49 am
Ricky,

This mod has nothing to do with what Google WILL do. It has to do with what Google CAN do.

Now Google can index topic on your site that it could not have without this mod. This does not mean it will. And it certainly does not mean they will do so within a few days.

Frankly, your site is new and Google won't index much of it for at least a few weeks. My personal opinion is that if you don't get inbound links it may take months.

But this isn;t a mod that will make Google do what you want, it just provides that ability. The rest is up to Google and your promotional skills.

Simply put, Google has decided that your pages are not worth including in their index. What you need to do to change this is add more content (more topics) and get inbound links.

In any case always expect at least two weeks from spider to index.
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 02:18 am
Ok..

Well.. can u explain me about the inbound links..
Does it means having links from other site to your site or from your site to your site.. ie. links from internal pages...

Also u said that u feel that google index people having adsense or adword program.. So should I opt for google adword ???
I m not going to use google adsense .. untill i grow my userbase to few thousands..

Lastly .. I have links to my site in various forums.. not even in sig also in topics.. does that count as links to my site ???

----------- (its interesting)
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 02:20 am
Also i have got links exchange from few other site..
0 Replies

Stefano

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 12:56 pm
HI Craven,

congratulations for this mod and the google rank of your site.
I'm the webmaster of Edit (Moderator): Link removed, an italian board about travels.

In august Google has apply a penalty to my site , I think without reason and it has delete every backlink to my site.Now my PR is 0.
I've write several email to Google but nobody has help me to find out the reason of this penalty.However, now I'm trying to make my board more "beauty" as possible for Google.I've applied your mod and I'm waiting Googlebot to crawl my site.

I've read on other forums that Google sometimes don't like the "links pages" because of the links exchange through more sites.Could be this the reason of my penalty?

Is it possible to exclude Googlebot to crawl my links page? With a robots.txt file? Could I make this page only visible to registred users?...and how?

Thank you in advance

Sorry for my poor english

Ciao Stefano
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:18 pm
RickyJaff wrote:
Ok..

Well.. can u explain me about the inbound links..
Does it means having links from other site to your site or from your site to your site.. ie. links from internal pages...

I was talking about links from other sites to yours. But internal link flow is very very important. Make sure all your pages are well linked.

Quote:
Also u said that u feel that google index people having adsense or adword program.. So should I opt for google adword ???
I m not going to use google adsense .. untill i grow my userbase to few thousands..

I said that I had suspected that AdSense helped but that I was doubting it. The reason why is because when AdSense came out I noticed that pages with adsense were getting indexed more rapidly by Google.

But the thing is, all pages are getting indexed more rapidly by Google, these days the deep crawl seems to be a 24/7 thing and pages are getting indexed more rapidly.

So I doubt AdSense will help and AdWords simply won't either,.

Quote:
Lastly .. I have links to my site in various forums.. not even in sig also in topics.. does that count as links to my site ???

----------- (its interesting)

Only if Google spiders the page. Since most forums are not spidered it's safe to say that most of the time it does not help.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:23 pm
Stefano wrote:
HI Craven,

congratulations for this mod and the google rank of your site.
I'm the webmaster of Edit (Moderator): Link removed, an italian board about travels.

When you registered the activation email said not to post a link.

The welcome PM said not to post a link.

The header of this thread said you can get free help here but can't post a link.

What do you do? Post a link. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
In august Google has apply a penalty to my site , I think without reason and it has delete every backlink to my site.Now my PR is 0.

I don't know why google did that. But judging from the above you probably do a lot of things that get penalized.

Quote:
I've write several email to Google but nobody has help me to find out the reason of this penalty.However, now I'm trying to make my board more "beauty" as possible for Google.I've applied your mod and I'm waiting Googlebot to crawl my site.

Continue to write Google. Get someone to write them for you with perfect English.

Quote:
I've read on other forums that Google sometimes don't like the "links pages" because of the links exchange through more sites.Could be this the reason of my penalty?

YES! And if you used any sort of scheme for this like software ot sites that promise higher page rank then this is almost certainly what caused the penalization.

Quote:
Is it possible to exclude Googlebot to crawl my links page?

Yes.

Quote:
With a robots.txt file?

You can block them from this page using robots.txt

Quote:
Could I make this page only visible to registred users?...and how?

Yes, as to the how I will eventually release code for that.
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:53 pm
Craven .. New thing...
I had applied your mod 4 dayz ago and I had also added a link.htm to my index page.. now I got that link.htm in google but no new page from forum.. Does this mean that google is still not able to spider my forums topic....
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=allinurl:linuxsolved.com&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0
yesterday i had 3 pages but today six pages

Now any suggestion or idea. ...
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 09:54 pm
Also... in various searches about linux I found my site on the top of search result.. so i think i have little importance in google...
Also google has updated my all the pages.. apart of the page of forum index.. and another one from forum... ..

Lastly.. in my google toolbar. sometimes i see my page rank as 2 and sometimes not.. y this is happening. .I also asked other people .. they also say that sometimes they also see my PR 2 ??/

any idea..
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Sun 23 Nov, 2003 10:00 pm
Your PR comments mean that your site is being shuffled around in the Google dance.

Wait a week or two and see how things are after they settle.
0 Replies

Stefano

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
Sorry, to have posted a link,Craven.

Last week I've read this topic and when I get back on your board to post my topic I've forgot this rule.

Thank you for quickly answer.

Ciao Stefano
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 12:39 pm
No problem. Thanks for reminding me of this thread. I have a few updates to add but am positively swamped with work.

Hopefully someone will bump it up later today, when I get home I gotta sleep.
0 Replies

RammsteinNicCage

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:10 pm
*bump* I hope it's not too early. Smile

Jennifer
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:19 pm
Tell ya what, five me FTP access to a vanilla phpBB and I'll mod the files, test them, and post the files for download.

Otherwise ya gotta wait till I setup a test forum for this and I might not get around to that today.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:04 pm
There was a typo in my code. I was missing a ";" at the end of a line.

I will update the mod and post modded files soon, thanks to RammsteinNicCage for providing a board for me to test with so that I didn;t have to craete one myself.
0 Replies

RammsteinNicCage

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:05 pm
I had a feeling it was just a little thing missing, but not knowing enough php leaves me staring blankly at a wall.

Jennifer
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 24 Nov, 2003 04:34 pm
Ok, the mod has been updated and you can download the pre-modded files.

Jennifer,

Please make sure to remove my access to your server. Thanks for making it available for testing.

when I have some more time I will add some other important changes to this MOD but it is now free of any typos. Mr. Green
0 Replies

RickyJaff

Tue 25 Nov, 2003 07:02 am
"Corrected the typos" wht is that.. is that the change about the index page title ???
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:30 pm
The following line was missing the semi colon.

Code:#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------
#

$forum_data[$j]['username'];
0 Replies