phpBB Search Engine Optimization - Sessions, static ( SEO )

Craven de Kere

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:41 am
Are the paths on the template correct? Just check your code, and make sure you have the image paths correctly set up.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:42 am
Can you look at it?

Edit (Moderator): Link removed.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:44 am
rhollin1 wrote:
i have no backups...the forum is new...i have about 100 post but i haven't backed up yet.

I'm talking about file backups. Every single time you make a change you need a backup of the old file. That way you can restore the previous code if there's a problem.

If you tell me that there's a problem my first response will always be to restore your backups so we can work on it without having a live problem on the boards.

If you don't have backups you'll learn why it's important to have them because you'll have to find a way to restore your files as I might not be around to help.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:46 am
Oh, I did create a backup of all the files that I edited in the mod. I restored all files however the backups still messed up the images.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:49 am
rhollin1 wrote:
Can you look at it?

Edit (Moderator): Link removed.

Look, the first post of this thread says, in bold letters that I'll give you free help but not to post a link. You got an email and a PM saying not to post a link.

So you post a link. <heavy sigh>

The problem is that all your image paths are wrong. It's not related to this mod. Check and correct your image paths as I said earlier.
0 Replies

rhollin1

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:52 am
Which file though?

Should it be

Code:templates/WebInspect/images/catty_r1_c2.gif

or

Code:/templates/WebInspect/images/catty_r1_c2.gif
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 19 Apr, 2004 12:54 am
If you have questions unrelated to this mod please start a new thread. I'll try to help you there.
0 Replies

webtrends

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:45 am
all is fine now
Hi Craven,

just wanted to let you know that everything is working fine now.

Thanks for this valuable mod and your quick help.

Best,

Klaus
0 Replies

khisanthax

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 09:20 am
A busy man you are. I look forward to checking out this mod as I just got back from vacation.
0 Replies

ccb056

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 03:35 pm
Craven, why do you just have the mod_rewrite enabled for guests? Is it OK if I removed this code from my header and footer?
Code:
if ( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )

so far, my forum's havent broken
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 03:37 pm
I have it enabled only for guests because spiders never log in. Disabling sessions entirely is a big security risk and yes, it will break some features of your site (admin and mod panels).
0 Replies

rhollin1

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 03:42 pm
Ok guys Craven helped me with getting rid of my session to for better crawlability. I was having problems with my validation on my sign up page so the guy that made my skin fixed it but now something is not right with my SEO mod. I now see sessions in my threads. Very confused.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Tue 20 Apr, 2004 04:23 pm
I answered that here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=658055#658055
0 Replies

elis

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 08:51 am
I've tried to download your mod with the link given in post 2 in this thread (http://www.able2know.com/go/?a2kjump=http://search.able2know.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=5478&view=File). It does not work. I tried three browsers (Safari, Camino and Internet Explorer).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 09:50 am
I don't know what to tell you. It works for me.

Tru to copy and paste this into your browser:

search.able2know.com/cgi-bin/jump.cgi?ID=5478&view=File
0 Replies

elis

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:15 pm
I tried Netscape to, it saved a file named jump.cgi. I changed it to .zip and unpacked it. Seems to work, but there must be something wrong somwhere. Are all cgi headers right? Shouldn't there be one telling the browser what the real file name is?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:18 pm
Nah, the cgi is supposed to redirect to the file.
0 Replies

elis

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:17 pm
I've installed the mod on a test forum and started to test it. It sems to be a conflict with Restrict Guest Access mod in search.php which redirects the query to the portal page.

The problem code is
Code:if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] || !isset($userdata))
{
redirect("login.$phpEx?redirect=search.$phpEx");
}

Can you tell me what the code does? Restrict Guest Access mod prevents guest access to profiles. If I remove the code above will guests get access to profiles then?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:24 pm
That code (in plain english) says:

If the user is not logged in redirect to login.php etc

If you remove that code (from search.php) the guests will have access to search.php.

But I don't see the conflict. What do you mean by that?
0 Replies

elis

Fri 23 Apr, 2004 03:34 pm
Quote:
But I don't see the conflict. What do you mean by that?

Does not work:
17) Link the user post count to a search of the user's posts

Robots will get redirected to login page and will not see the list.
0 Replies