Proof of God Using Modern Physics

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:05 am
Proof of God

Since the many worlds interpretation. Physicists now say that it may be possible for all possible worlds to exist. Regarding the activity that takes place in Quantum mechanics.

So if this is possible, then in this world I have partial scientific knowledge of the universe. And because all worlds and paths exist. In one world I exist with the entire scientific knowledge. Therefore man is god in that universe. Therefore god exists.

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,462 • Replies: 18
No top replies

dawoel

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 03:43 am
@meditationyoga,
"So if this is possible", so in fact it is not proof at all merely conditional proof...and how significant is the evidence for that "if" genuinely being so. You can't just leap from a conditional uncertain "If" to claiming "therefore god exists" with the impression of certainty its not on! The conclusion should be "if is this not merely possible but actually true, then god exists". For your conclusion is dependant on your premises and if your premises are conditional so is your conclusion sorry. This is why I only like using proofs that use theorums as their premises, such as the true claim that "either god exists or he does not" for he cannot do both or neither! I think this is the only way to have a true proof, to use premises that do not in themselves require premises.

I know what your intending to get across, its very clever, its just that I have seen this title so many times, It's getting annoying now.
validity

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 05:42 pm
@meditationyoga,
meditationyoga;75867 wrote:
Proof of God

Since the many worlds interpretation. Physicists now say that it may be possible for all possible worlds to exist. Regarding the activity that takes place in Quantum mechanics.

So if this is possible, then in this world I have partial scientific knowledge of the universe. And because all worlds and paths exist. In one world I exist with the entire scientific knowledge. Therefore man is god in that universe. Therefore god exists.

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson
My immediate thought is somewhat less dazzling than that offered by dawoel, however in many more other possible worlds god does not or can not exist. Your reasoning offers no means to decide if god exists or not.
0 Replies

William

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2009 06:06 pm
@meditationyoga,
Proof of God

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson

Kevin, consider this; "God is man; but man is not God", just a tiny piece of Him.

William
0 Replies

meditationyoga

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 03:02 am
@dawoel,
Yes, thank you for your criticism. This it the best thing that I could come up with nowadays. For example, scientists say that they have uncovered 4%of all matter and energy. So god means someone able to control, manipulate and create matter. So we are partially god with limited power.

---------- Post added 07-09-2009 at 02:04 AM ----------

However if god, or (Intelligent creativity) created all the worlds, then they would have to exist because of this intelligence. So then it would be a given that intelligence operated wherever there was something.
0 Replies

Doulos

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 07:41 pm
@meditationyoga,
If all possible worlds exist then a world exists in which God does not. Its self contradictory as worlds where God exists and does not cannot exist simultaneously.

Additionally, your definition of God is "one who possesses all scientific knowledge." While being all knowing is certainly part of the traditional definition of God it certainly isn't complete.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 09:00 pm
@meditationyoga,
Proof of God

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson
Even your premise has conditional, uncertain statements... are you saying that your proof is valid only under the condition that this "interpretation" of what "may be possible" is true?
dharma bum

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 03:37 pm
@meditationyoga,
NOTHING would be affected if God is proved to be real or unreal by modern science. His existence is irrelevant, the faith of His existence is all that matters.
0 Replies

meditationyoga

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 01:17 am
@Aedes,
Yes, if Multi worlds is true, then it would true. I am not a physicist so I don't know much about it, or it's validity. But this seems to be the most possible argument put forward so far.

Thanks

---------- Post added 07-11-2009 at 12:23 AM ----------

Doulos;76195 wrote:
If all possible worlds exist then a world exists in which God does not. Its self contradictory as worlds where God exists and does not cannot exist simultaneously.

Additionally, your definition of God is "one who possesses all scientific knowledge." While being all knowing is certainly part of the traditional definition of God it certainly isn't complete.

If god, or (Intelligent creativity) created all the worlds, then they would have to exist because of this intelligence. So then it would be a given that intelligence operated wherever there was something.

Whatever tradition definition is doesn't matter. If we can create matter, manipulate it, create living beings out of it. Then we are god.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 05:34 am
@meditationyoga,
If I define 'god' as a small furry animal living in a tree in my backyard, then yea; I believe god exists! If you define god as a being that can create and manipulate matter, and believe that something like this exists, then yea; you believe god exists!

We can set ourselves up anyway we like; since 'god' has no real definition that most people wanna use. Awesome, huh?
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 02:34 pm
@meditationyoga,
If your interpretation of scientific findings leads you to a materialistic mechanistic and deterministic world view, then there will be little space or need for god.
If you think science is limited in its ability and gives you only a limited and partial view of ultimate reality then there may be concepts of the divine you can entertain without suffering cognitive dissonance.
Modern physics is much more compatible with certain conceptions of god than classical Newtonian mechanics.
It is a matter of worldview, philosophical speculations and metaphysical assumptions not of intellect, science or reason.
0 Replies

Arif phil

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 03:24 pm
@meditationyoga,
Proof of God

In one world I exist with the entire scientific knowledge. Therefore man is god in that universe. Therefore god exists.

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson

By the way what do you mean by the phrase "scientific knowledge"? How are you so sure that in one world you exist with the entire scientific knowledge? As far as I understand Physics gives the theory of many worlds but not any world where we have the entire scientific knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong.
parker pyne

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 08:28 pm
@meditationyoga,
"World" to me has always carried connotations of great magnitude, but here you've used it to indicate the "world" of an individual, meaning the cumulative knowledge of that individual.

You assume that the only quality needed to become a God is omniscience. A slightly Judeo-Christian outlook.

However!
- Since scientific knowledge is still open to refutations, and therefore not 100% reliably truthful, how can you be a God when you don't know these refutations? How can you be a God if your knowledge is limited within the scope of human understanding?

To use an analogy, it's sort of like you're saying "since I have the power to control a limited number of machines, and God is all-powerful, then I am a God amongst those machinery".
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2009 09:08 pm
@meditationyoga,
IMHO
One can not prove the existence of god using modern physics, logic or by any other method. It is a matter of faith and belief. It is not a scientific question at all.

There are conceptions of god that are not compatible with what science tells us about the world. The earth was not created in six days. Life has evolved from more primitive forms not by special creation, etc. A scientific understanding of the world is not incompatible with all forms of religious belief but it is incompatible with certain religious assertions.
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2009 05:59 pm
@meditationyoga,
Did relativity theory and quantum mechanics introduce the possiblity of indeterminancy into the world and leave room for free will and God?
Is the universe determined and mechanistic or is the universe merely ordered possibility and enchanted and perceptive to the core?
0 Replies

Lost2ize

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2009 01:07 pm
@meditationyoga,
I find it hard to believe that these "worlds" exist and in the manner you describe here. In one of these worlds you exist with limited scientific knowledge and in another you have unlimited scientific knowledge, therefore you are God. Yet it isn't as compelling an argument that in one world you do exist, whatsoever. And in another you do not exist whatsoever; therefore you do not exist....

So:
1) Other worlds exist in which our mirror images also exist
2) All possible existences exist in these worlds
3) In this existence I have limited capabilities so in another existence I have unlimited capabilities
4) God has unlimited capabilities, therefore I am God
5) In this existence I exist
6) In another existence, I do not exist
7) Therefore, God does not exist

Outstanding......

Law of non-contradiction perhaps?
0 Replies

meditationyoga

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:08 pm
@Arif phil,
I'm not sure if this thread is dead or not.

But if partial information exists, then we know a priori that complete information will also exist. Whereever this exists is to be disputed. But because partial information exists, then god or (total information) will also exist. Therefore god exists.

Kevin Thomson
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2009 07:24 pm
@meditationyoga,
I think the best that can be said for modern physics and god is that modern physics leaves open the possiblity of some form of the divine and some form of free will in a way that classical mechanics (Newtonian physics) did not. It does not prove either one and it is still not compatible with the supernatural god of classical theism.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 15 Nov, 2009 03:17 am
@meditationyoga,
Proof of God

Merci mon ami,

Kevin Thomson

You are serious with this? Well wouldn't the inverse of potential also have to be true for your statement to be logical? Think about it. You say ALL possible worlds exist, therefore would there NOT be worlds where no intelligence exists at all? No knowledge? So god wouldn't exist.

Despite that fact, how do you go from "entire scientific knowledge" to "god" anyways? I fail to see how having an entire scientific knowledge equates to god. Let a lone your example IS only ONE possibility out of trillions.
0 Replies