Too much paranoia?

north

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2010 11:05 pm
@bmcreider,
bmcreider wrote:

This is going to be severely off topic, but no one has ever opened this can of worms for me yet...

But I propose that we will probably never run into another advanced civilization, and if we were to it would be so exceedingly rare that the timescale is geological.

I think, that as you say, life will advance to the point that it is so smart it proves itself meaningless and kills itself off. Now this theory is severely anthropologically biased because I am just basing this off of human history, but xenophobic destruction via war, or any other excuse to fight, creeps in naturally. I wonder, since evolution worked like that on Earth, wouldn't it seem to produce the same behaviors in other species on other planets? Or would they evolve completely differently?

I really do not know, this is just something I pondered the other day. I would appreciate your insight if the rambling warrants it.

right now , we just have to get through this paranoia and insanity , when we do , we will look more towards our future

0 Replies