Visualize the past.

Elmud

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 07:57 pm
Sometimes, I like to get into a type of mental time machine. I like to go back to the age where the writers of scripture lived. I try and visualize, no internet. No TV. No radio. Very little if any formal educational places. I visualize a dry and dusty place. The circumstances of every day life are filled with work, eating and sleep. I am not seeing much in the way of entertainment.

But, I see a few. Under candle light. Writing. What they are writing, I do not know. I do not know how they found the time to do this. But, I visualize them thinking about something, and writing.

They have no formal education. They know not of literary style. The words, allegory and hyperbole are not in their vocabulary. But, they write. They tell stories. Stories, that through time, will have a much deeper meaning. Do they know the meanings? I do not know.

What has influenced them and why? They are isolated. They are intellectually, on their own. So, where do the words come from? Their imagination? If so, considering the circumstances of their time, their lives, what has shaped their imagination?

Visualize the past. And tell me how. I cannot conceive of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 581 • Replies: 0
No top replies