The Bush family.

Elmud

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 06:23 pm
As I sit on the sidelines and witness all of the heat ole George is taking these days, I find myself kind of feeling a little bad for his wife and his kids. Now, there is even a new satirical program coming on with some ex saturday night live comedian , poking fun at the man.
No, I did not agree with the Bush administrations policies on things. I am glad that we have Obama in there now. But still, Bush is a human being too. And his family has feelings. I find it pretty immature to carry on like this and to be honest, pretty cruel. Just my opinion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,142 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 07:31 pm
@Elmud,
Tough to have sympathy for someone who has been so cruel to millions of people, and not just people in his own country, either.
Elmud

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 07:47 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
Tough to have sympathy for someone who has been so cruel to millions of people, and not just people in his own country, either.

I suppose it is.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:48 pm
@Elmud,
No one runs for president (or governor of Texas) if they can't take the heat. I don't feel bad for him, and I wouldn't feel bad even if I liked him.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 10:02 pm
@Aedes,
Don't get me wrong: I should have empathy for the man, and I should forgive him for so many transgressions. But that's easier said than done.

I do have some degree of empathy; it seems to me that Bush was viciously mislead by his daddy's crew and other friends. But at some point it's time to grow up: and Mr. Bush has had plenty of time to do so, he just refuses.
WithoutReason

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 12:22 am
@Didymos Thomas,
I don't agree with most of what Bush did during his time in office, but I do recognize that there is a Bush the person who is separate from Bush the politician. I don't know much about Bush outside of the politcian, but I am sure he is an honorable human being.

Like him or hate him, you have to admit he is someone who is decisive and consistent. I believe he believes he was doing what is right, and for this I sincerely admire him.
0 Replies

Victor Eremita

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:03 am
@Elmud,
Bush did so much to ruin Canadian-US relations (*e.g the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative bullshit*), I'm pleased he's having trouble funding the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

P.S. Obama is pro-Canadian: his sister and brother-in-law live in Ontario!
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 01:31 am
@Elmud,
Screw the Bush family. They have done nothing but lead the U.S. (from Prescott to Bush I to Bush II and probably the inevitable of Jeb especially considering many's high expectations of Obama plus the haters--not to mention Sarah Palin's incompetence)--into a pile of dog do-do. The Bush family deserves no sympathy, but the many victims that are resultant of their policies surely do.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 04:49 pm
@Theaetetus,
How can we separate "Bush the man" from "Bush the politician"? It was, after all, Bush the man who was Bush the politician.
Elmud

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:01 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
Screw the Bush family. They have done nothing but lead the U.S. (from Prescott to Bush I to Bush II and probably the inevitable of Jeb especially considering many's high expectations of Obama plus the haters--not to mention Sarah Palin's incompetence)--into a pile of dog do-do. The Bush family deserves no sympathy, but the many victims that are resultant of their policies surely do.

I guess its somewhat understandable that one would maintain harsh feelings toward another who they feel has hurt so many. But, as for me, I have this thought that his wife and daughters had very little to do with that. I was kind of thinking about them in this matter. As for George himself, I tend to think that he had a lot of advisers around him who influenced him greatly. I have a problem with those who would seek opportunity to get a laugh by downgrading another. Regardless of who it is.
Theaetetus

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:45 pm
@Elmud,
I guess I could feel sorry for his wife and daughters, but I don't. Feel sorry for them for what? Being immediate family members of one of the worst leaders in world history (maybe that is a little too far, but easily the worst President in US history)? That is no reason to feel sorry for someone.

I don't "feel" that Bush has hurt many, I know he hurt many. Advisors are to give advice, not make stupid decisions for you. Considering the current state of the country and world, few, if any anymore, would think that the benefited from the eight years of blunders due to the Bush administration.
Elmud

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
I guess I could feel sorry for his wife and daughters, but I don't. Feel sorry for them for what? Being immediate family members of one of the worst leaders in world history (maybe that is a little too far, but easily the worst President in US history)? That is no reason to feel sorry for someone.

I don't "feel" that Bush has hurt many, I know he hurt many. Advisors are to give advice, not make stupid decisions for you. Considering the current state of the country and world, few, if any anymore, would think that the benefited from the eight years of blunders due to the Bush administration.

Because they are innocent Theaetetus.
0 Replies

Elmud

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:11 pm
@Theaetetus,
And I just wanted to add, she loves her husband and they love their father. I just would hope that people could consider their feelings regardless of ones perception of her husband and their father.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:15 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;49866 wrote:
How can we separate "Bush the man" from "Bush the politician"? It was, after all, Bush the man who was Bush the politician.
Bush the politician was absolutely authentically Bush the man. He was not a pragmatist -- he was an idealist.

Obama is a pragmatist. I believe that he truly cares about things like socioeconomic disparity and about solidarity, but he is willing to sacrifice a lot of his strongest ideals to get useful things done. It's also a character thing but in a different sort of way.
Dewey phil

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 10:58 pm
@Aedes,
I'm sure you're all wondering how I feel about the Bush family. I can almost hear the speculation out there: "I bet Dewey feels a little bad for the wife and kids, like Elmud." and "Naw! Dewey's gonna say 'Screw the family!' like Theaetetus"

I'm enjoying the suspense. So I'm not going to tell you one way or another. But I sure would like to express my feelings about a related subject. It's something we all do to some extent but that some people do in politics constantly, hatefully, harmfully, and annoyingly.. It's the practice of demonizing people with whom you do not agree.

The typical demonizer has final opinions based on one-sided knowledge. He never or always watches Fox News or CNN, never watches Jim Lehrer and CSPAN, unhesitatingly identifies the motivations of his opponents, sees evil everywhere, and blindly works toward the chaotic end that he fears..
0 Replies

Dewey phil

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 11:06 pm
@Aedes,
I'm sure you're all wondering how I feel about the Bush family. I can almost hear the speculation out there: "I bet Dewey feels a little bad for the wife and kids, like Elmud." and "Naw! Dewey's gonna say 'Screw the family!' like Theaetetus"

I'm enjoying the suspense. So I'm not going to tell you one way or another. But I sure would like to express my feelings about a related subject. It's something we all do to some extent but that some people do in politics constantly, hatefully, harmfully, and annoyingly.. It's the practice of demonizing people with whom you do not agree.

The typical demonizer has final opinions based on one-sided knowledge. He never or always watches Fox News or CNN, never watches Jim Lehrer and CSPAN, unhesitatingly identifies the motivations of his opponents, sees evil everywhere, and blindly works toward the chaotic end that he fears..
Theaetetus

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 12:51 am
@Dewey phil,
Dewey wrote:

I watch no Fox New neither CNN, and I can say honestly that George Bush only helped a handful of elite people in the world, and most of them are probably suffering now as a result of his policies. I just ask all of you that want to defend Bush and his family, what have they done to deserve empathy. Just because I never agreed with Bush's policies does not mean that it skews my ability to judge that he messed up the country.
Elmud

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 07:58 am
@Theaetetus,
Theaetetus wrote:
I watch no Fox New neither CNN, and I can say honestly that George Bush only helped a handful of elite people in the world, and most of them are probably suffering now as a result of his policies. I just ask all of you that want to defend Bush and his family, what have they done to deserve empathy. Just because I never agreed with Bush's policies does not mean that it skews my ability to judge that he messed up the country.

I guess I am of a mind to say, let it go and move on. In the interest of harmony. Which is what I'll do at this time.Thanks.
0 Replies

BrightNoon

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 04:28 pm
@Elmud,
I feel a little sympathy for George, mostly because I don't think he understands what he did, how, by whom or for what purposes he was manipulated, and therefore why he is so reviled. Another useful idiot.
0 Replies