behaviour and evolution

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2009 05:38 am
I'm beginning to see Evolution as possibly best represented as being a procession of events driven by Will. Change in learned, analog, meaning-based behaviour ( song sung ) brings a change in information, or data, DNA.

Birth of New Species Witnessed by Scientists | Wired Science | Wired.com

Whereas huge evolutionary change in digital information, species, does not change the purpose of "the flesh", so to speak.

Grant Lawrence--Bodhi Thunder: Your Inner Fish--Gene Expression Similarities

Change in behaviours seems to be rooted in an unchanging behaviour. The behaviour of seeking to alter entropy.

Even movement in reverse direction to previously taken steps still is seeming to follow a will. Not in steering a direction, but holding the purpose straight.

If we take the example of the " ancient fish-to-human" series, I feel as if "acceptance as fact" is usually based on nothing more than accepting that we ARE descended from an ancient fish, and then hearing ( acceptance on face value ) ANY plausable story to fill in the gaps.

If I ask about adaptations to the respiratory system, for coming out of the water onto land, this may evidenced.

Q/ What "turned into" what ? We see that most fish have gills as primary respiration devices, and we have lungs.

Q/ Can one even describe what happened and why it happened, without using "purpose" ?

just for fun:

The Finch Self-Medication Website
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 862 • Replies: 0
No top replies