My perception of God, heaven , hell and the Bible

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:11 am
My perception of God, heaven , hell and the Bible

Please guys note this post is not directed at anyone on this forum but is an edited version of a thread I started on another forum that might be of interest here.

This primordial Mind had to do something, it had to Think and to find words from which to begin creation. "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was GOD John verse 1 = Jesus the first Being " indeed he is the Word of God" The second person of the triune God

Endure forever, infinite, eternal are concepts that make no sense when they are linked to linear time we inhabit as three dimensional mortal beings. I perceive God as that which exists in a place that Jesus said was heaven "Our Father who is in heaven" God is also unlike us in that he inhabits infinite dimensions.

Thus heaven is somewhere else, not the universe. God must endure as you said from a platform of what I call the every changing NOW.

He must observe everything that has happened, that is happening will happen in the future. I am the Alpha the Omega, the First and the Last, He that was and is and is to come. This gives credence to my suggestion that God endures as the One who IS IS.

Using an analogy of a disturbance in a village involving the actions of running rampant around in the streets doing something.

A helicopter flies over the village and the observers in it can see the whole event in one time frame, from that observer platform.

The Bible says the Eye of God roams the earth seeking out what people are doing. God exist in what I call the Great Observer platform, observing all creations as one ever changing event.

The Observer Platform is Gods Holy Spirit, is it not he that now persuades man that he is in need of redemption. I know this is a very technical view but it is the best I can do as a Mechanical Engineer who has some understanding of Biblical truths

Another possibility is God observes everything like an unraveled movie reel frame by frame. Is this is true then he could see the whole picture of his creation, indeed from Alpha until the end of time Omega. This might sound a little silly, but after all creation is Gods movie is it not. The error with this idea is that it does not really allow for free will. The Calvinist will like this idea I think.

Of course using this analogy God could cut, edit and splice this huge creation movie, so that it does not take away free will.

Now to finite little me for an infinite being like God to torment my by burning me in molten sulfur day and night forever and ever is a little harsh don't you think?

I am only able to commit a puny finite sin against this huge colossal infinite being and due to this finite sin, I read in the Bible and her from fundamentalist that I will be given an infinite punishment in Hell.

Of course if I change my evil ways and conform then I will go to heaven, even though I remain guilty of my transgression

I wonder it even the worst psychopath would do that to me. So I allow myself to question the logic of the Bible.

If the writer of the Book of Revelation was examined by a psychiatrist today, sprouting, locust with fiery stings in they tails, horses racing across sting people but not allowing them to die, the world bringing doom, angels pouring out veils of blood, great beasts and dragons killing and eating people.

Heck!! heck!! people he would be put on antipsychotic medicine, given shock treatment, confined for life to a mental faculty and that would be the last of him

But no people dig, search, interpret and try to understand the science fiction like visions of fantasy in the Book of Revelations written 2000 years ago by a possibly very sick first century man living alone in a cave.

Why God does not speak and convey exactly in human terms what he means, but supposedly hiding it in poetry language and unconceivable incomprehensible visions, continues to perplex and it just makes no sense to me.

But I acknowledge I could be wrong so I pray to god if there is a god to save my soul if I have a soul

Just kidding guys a little deep sarcasm by a person who has been around the block a few too times.

My problem is the Bible and how the Bible was written and by whom. And the countless different interpretation, over a hundred different translation in the English language alone.

But God as I perceive him is warm, loving, kind and forgiving but we must have deep respect for him because like. I previously stated he/she is not some weak grey haired granny or grandpa

God is light in which there is no darkness whatsoever. So existence is divided into light and dark realms and we are free to choose to which we would like to inhabit when we die.

It is true that if God is made out of the same energy that drives and sustains the universe then he just like all energy and matter is subject to the relentless flow of entropy. If this is true then he is not infinite and must be dissipating his life energy into some huge heat sink. Maybe that is why the Bible stated that God in light and in him is no darkness what so ever

My take about God is that he/she not being constructed out of the same energy of the universe but some non-energetic pure light . that strange thing referred to as SPIRIT

Of course from my present very finite vantage point I cannot know the truth about what is now simply beyond human comprehension.

"You know physicist hate the concept of infinity" It is a misnomer a paradox inside an enigma an oxymoron. Something that must be but at the same time simply cant be. An impossible possibility if you get my drift

Gods "I AM" statement to Moses at the burring bush equated to "one who exists.

Remember the famous statement of Descartes, "I think therefore "I AM". This was to prove to himself using logic that "INDEED HE EXISTED"

Now all this singing and praising of god with loud voices and instruments in church. Is it really really accompanied with a deep felt love for God respect and commitment for his awesome Divinity? No most of them are just taking pride in how beautiful they sing, it is all about competition. Like Bruce Moen, I have searched for God and meaning in many Christian denominations at one stage became a rapid fundamentalist condemning the rest of humanity to hell, with some glee I might add.

But that is a long long time ago and thank God with these grey hairs of wisdom I now know God loves all of humanity, not just a select few. Indeed I have reached the position of despising exclusivity in all its bizarre forms

I have stood in many churches, some full of love and warmth, others just loud noise and madness or as cold as a graveyard. The TV evangelist shouting at the world extorting corrupt thieves, stealing money from the innocent makes my stomach turn.

You just like the rest of humanity I know almost nothing about this Infinite Entity we gave the title God. To assume we do is to fall into the trap of being puffed up with false speculative knowledge.

I really think no one can claim correct knowledge about the Infinite . "

Your idea is just as valid as any person and God is the God of your understanding"

What really angers me if with I hear puffed up so call experts pontificating that God, will god will do this if you did that, god is this god is that, this pleases god that does not, give to god and he will reward you a hundred fold

God is who he is and he IS and will act and react exactly as he/she wants to, without asking our permission. He is the boss and the buck of accountability stops with him

We are finite beings (at present) and God is infinite, so, therefore we must be much closer to a cockroach than to God the Infinite.

So I dismiss anyone telling me like Don does that God is thus. He is beyond human comprehension and we can only comprehend what he allows us to comprehend.

I see all human ideas about God and exactly who is really is as just subjective speculation.. Of course we all have a grasp of minor truths about existence and how it came to be.

"My problem is with the Bible not Almighty God"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:13 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan you come out with one of these like every other week. Haven't we had enough of these already?

I guess I should be a little more fair though. I find it a little ironic that you have problems with the bible, yet the bible is the only source you have for your belief in god. You had to be taught the concept of god, you were not born knowing or believing there was a god. I could probably safely assume that you were indoctrinated into the belief and that is why you have difficulty with it. If the only source you have is a source you have tossed out, then why keep the concept of that source? It seems irrational to do that.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 12:34 am
@Krumple,
Krumple;139541 wrote:
Alan you come out with one of these like every other week. Haven't we had enough of these already?

I guess I should be a little more fair though. I find it a little ironic that you have problems with the bible, yet the bible is the only source you have for your belief in god. You had to be taught the concept of god, you were not born knowing or believing there was a god. I could probably safely assume that you were indoctrinated into the belief and that is why you have difficulty with it. If the only source you have is a source you have tossed out, then why keep the concept of that source? It seems irrational to do that.

I selectively use Scripture much of it is beautiful truth in my opinion, but seriously if you feel I am flogging a dead horse I will remove this thread. No offense taken in what you state Smile
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 01:41 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;139801 wrote:
I selectively use Scripture much of it is beautiful truth in my opinion, but seriously if you feel I am flogging a dead horse I will remove this thread. No offense taken in what you state Smile

Smile I do dot Under-stand Every Book of the Biblia. The older the books get, the more it's a Lore.

Eva should have known better to pick worm-invested un-ripe apples. Newton (sir) Isaac was more clever. But Eva is our common "mother".

Through-out History we spread/accumulated/divided Know-ledge. WWW helps ?> True Wisdom surpasses Knowledge.

Like we are physically a layered Organism I reason by Ana-logy we are blessed with improving Our way's of Think-ing and I Hope we can share... Yes we can ! Co?

Mvr.gr. PSH:D
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 09:22 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougallNow again, please tell me about Child of the Morning Star - Lucifer.
Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 01:55 am
@HexHammer,
Moved by Alan to Christian forum
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2010 02:31 am
@Alan McDougall,
Ok we talk past eachother. What I seek you to understand how it was that Lucifer was cast from the heavens to Hell. Imo it clearly describe todays fustration and vile behaviour perfectly, amongst youth.

God created Adam and Eve, and commanded all angels to bow before his creation, which Lucifer who was the purest of all angels, because he would only bow before god which he so immensly loved. God got infuriated and casted Lucifer from the Heavens ..and bla bla..bla.

How hast Thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer?

Imo it show an act of unthoughtfulness and unreasonable, alongside the Noah story.
0 Replies