Concerning the Christian God

Samael

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 10:41 pm
The following two texts are from elsewhere on the Internet. I'm posting them here in hopes of sparking a thought provoking conversation.

The questions I've asked below do not mean I am a theist--I am not. I'm presenting them here in the hope of sparking an interesting conversation. I'm certain most will find the answers rather obvious, however, I think this may lead to some new insights on the topic.

Is the Christian religion fit for children? Should [Christian] bible stories be read to children? Before answering that question, consider the following...

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!" Psalms 137:9

If the Christian bible stories are a reality, what are we to think of a being who would flood the whole Earth and drown men, women, children and non-human creatures?

Ever consider that the bad guy (Satan) is really the good guy [of the story]?

Below is my second post.

Quote:
God is supposedly "all-good" however if he does things such as you mentioned it would seem to void his "all-good" status.

Also consider....

If a god is said to be all-good then the entity would be limited. The limitation of the being's capabilities lies in the reasonable conclusion that it being "all-good" would not permit it to do any act which is evil. Therefore the entity cannot be all-powerful (i.e., capable of anything).

There is also a fallacy in the idea that the Christian god is all-knowing. If a being is all-knowing (in the sense of knowing everything past, present, future, etc.) then it would limit its creations by not allowing free will. To understand this further...as an individual you would not be allowed to make a decision on your own which is against what the all-knowing god knows is going to happen. As an another explanation: In a model which consists of an all-knowing being which knows every action which is going to take place, there [too] in such a model exists fate in the most rigid sense of the word. In a [rigid] fate model all individuals would be powerless to do any action which is in objection to their fate (e.g., what is planned for them...or known) and therefore the individual does not have free will; cannot decide against any action or deter what is supposed to happen.

Furthermore, an all-knowing god would be entirely aware of every [decidedly] evil action which is going to take place. If an all-knowing god is also all-powerful it would have the ability to prevent any evil action. If the all-powerful god does not prevent such acts from happening [while retaining the power to do so] the being is most certainly evil--given that it is guilty [of evil] by inaction. One could easily liken it to someone who knows that a small child is going to get hit by a car in exactly sixteen minutes and twenty-three seconds. Imagine that the person in question will be at the place where the accident is going to take place, and could most certainly lift the child out of the road but simply doesn't. Such a person--and such a god--who allows the child to be crushed underneath the bone crushing weight of the oncoming vehicle would simply not be all-good.

Of course, one could argue that good and evil are a matter of perspective. Indeed, they are. However, I am appalled at the idea of worshiping any being who is said to be all-powerful yet would not intervene to prevent a woman from getting raped, a man from getting tortured, etc. Any person who bows before such a being (whether real or imagined) is either unknowingly being misled by Right-Hand Path teachings and simply doesn't understand the full scope of what their god represents or (if they knowingly do so) they are a despicable fool undeserving of an ounce of respect.

Rev. D. Samael Daval
President/HP, The Satanic Empire

"I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." Leonardo Da Vinci
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 659 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Portal Star

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 01:04 pm
Re: Concerning the Christian God
Samael wrote:

The questions I've asked below do not mean I am a theist--I am not. I'm presenting them here in the hope of sparking an interesting conversation. I'm certain most will find the answers rather obvious, however, I think this may lead to some new insights on the topic.
Rev. D. Samael Daval
President/HP, The Satanic Empire
Edit (Moderator): Link removed. Please read the terms of service.

"I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." Leonardo Da Vinci

You can play devil's advocate for the sake of an argument - there is no necessity to promote your real ID in a philosophical debate, so don't worry about it.

I don't think Leonardo Da Vinci was a vegetarian. It sounds like he was misquoted, but I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Samael

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:23 pm
Famous Vegetarians & the Slaughter of Animals
I hate to go off topic, but since you mentioned it...

Leonardo Da Vinci was a vegetarian and an animal rights activist to some degree. He would go as far as purchasing caged animals (on their way to slaughter) and set them free. I apologize that I cannot recall the titles of the biographies on Da Vinci which mention this, but there are at least two which detail his diet.

If we are to get off topic from my initial post the following might be worth discussing. Below is a portion of a post I have posed to my fellow Satanists. What has been said below should not be taken as racism or simply mindless anti-Semitism. I am not a racist. Plain and simple, I oppose the belief structures of the Right-Hand Path religions and their byproducts--among other things.

Kosher meat entails the following...

"Animals being ritually slaughtered in the United States are shackled around a rear leg, hoisted into the air, and then hang, fully conscious, upside down on the conveyer belt for between two and five minutes--and occasionally much longer if something wrong on the 'killing line'--before the slaughter makes his cut."

"The animal, upside down, with ruptured joints and often a broken leg, twists frantically in pain and terror, so that it must be gripped by the neck or have a clamp inserted in its nostrils to enable the slaughterer to kill the animal with a single stroke, as religious law prescribes."
Animal Liberation by Singer (pages, 155, 156)

The Jews seem to think the above is ok.

What do Satanists think? What if a Satanist saw someone doing that to a dog or a horse?

Even if you don't buy meat labeled Kosher you're probably eating meat from an animal that was killed in that manner. The wasteful Jews can only consume small portions of an animal's corpse because of the blood and vein factor. The slaughterhouse will simply sell the remaining flesh without the Kosher label.

Thank you for your time,
Samael

"Any religion which is not based on a respect for life is not a true religion... Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace." -- Albert Schweitzer
0 Replies