Sports and Gender

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 04:04 am
Ok so I'm watching some golf on sportscenter (ya I think golf is boring to watch too) and I wondered why sports dont usually mix genders in competition. Obviously, guys are built for more physically demanding activities but in less demanding sports like golf, volleyball, chess,... (wait, is chess a sport?) ...Anyways, its hard to find sports that dont segregate the sexes and I think certain sports should see girls competing with guys more often. What do you guys think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 705 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 05:11 am
@Kielicious,
Well I compete in grand prix, (go-Karting), it's about time we competed in stuff like this.
0 Replies

Lily

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 06:18 am
@Kielicious,
If it works, intetgrate, if it doesn't, segregate! The only sport I know where men and women compete against eachother is dressage, but most of them are men. I don't know why.
0 Replies

Shadow Dragon

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 01:42 pm
@Kielicious,
Racing is generally integratet, and with golf, there aren't any rules that I know of that say women can't compete in the men's league.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2009 01:14 am
@Kielicious,
Yeah well I don't do it professionally, it would be nice to see them race in the official grand prix.
0 Replies