W to see the Queen

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:21 am
Do us a favour George, stay home next week.

London is now too dangerous, thanks to your foreign policy
We don't want the disruption, streets closed, tube stations blocked etc
Nor the thousands of demonstrators wailing and shouting
Nor the hundreds of armed secret policemen poised to kill anyone who looks un American.

And why should I have to contribute to your security when its your actions that have got the rest of the world so mad?

Seriously George, if you want some pretty pics of you sipping tea with Her Majesty, invite Her to Crawford it would be easier all round. [btw did you know that Her Maj. is into horses and a big John Wayne fan? you would have lots to talk about]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,456 • Replies: 23
No top replies

the prince

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 07:24 am
The US security agencies want to close the entire west end for this visit !! Can you imagine the chaos ????

Irony : The self styled defender of freedom is himself a prisoner of the body guards.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 10:39 am
From the BBC website, a reader's comment:
Quote:

As an American who lived in England for 2 years, I can advise President Bush not to waste his time coming to the UK. The Brits are whinging, ungrateful, hypercritical, and usually drunk. While Tony Blair is a man of great courage and honour, his unpopularity at home only underscores the fact that the modern Brits have no understanding of those qualities. We in the US thank Mr Blair and the members of the UK military forces for standing with us in Iraq. However, if President Bush wants to see a crumbling, dysfunctional country he can stay closer to home and visit Mexico.
Keith, USA
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 12:38 pm
I am deeply troubled about the BBC reader's suggestions.
Mexico is dysfunctional OK. But Mexicans are way more deceptive and hypocritical than Brits, those champions of fair play. They'll say "señor" in front of you, and "pinche gringo" at your back. Since Mexico has never ever been a superpower, their people just don't understand what it means to sacrifice for the sake of the rest of the world. And besides, there is the language divide. Britons may speak differently, but it's still English.
So my advise to President Bush is that he visit a friendly neighbor, Canada.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 01:13 pm
fbaezer wrote:

I'd like to hear his speech in Québec during his visite officielle! Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 02:10 pm
this is working out quite well. Stay home, go north or south but not west.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 02:11 pm
sorry had my world temporaly inverted meant east
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 06:16 pm
fbaezer wrote:
I am deeply troubled about the BBC reader's suggestions.
Mexico is dysfunctional OK. But Mexicans are way more deceptive and hypocritical than Brits, those champions of fair play. They'll say "señor" in front of you, and "pinche gringo" at your back. Since Mexico has never ever been a superpower, their people just don't understand what it means to sacrifice for the sake of the rest of the world. And besides, there is the language divide. Britons may speak differently, but it's still English.

We don't want him here either and detest Bush as much as the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 09:33 am
Quote:
As an American who lived in England for 2 years, I can advise President Bush not to waste his time coming to the UK. The Brits are whinging, ungrateful, hypercritical, and usually drunk. While Tony Blair is a man of great courage and honour, his unpopularity at home only underscores the fact that the modern Brits have no understanding of those qualities. We in the US thank Mr Blair and the members of the UK military forces for standing with us in Iraq. However, if President Bush wants to see a crumbling, dysfunctional country he can stay closer to home and visit Mexico.
Keith, USA

Thanks for bringing that one to our attention Walter Laughing
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 09:35 am
Dumbya Dumbya,
where have you been ?
I've been to London
to see the <insert adjective of choice here> queen

Dumbya Dumbya,
what did you do there ?
I got blown by Tony Blair
Under the chair !
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 09:39 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
sorry had my world temporaly inverted meant east

dang... and I was just about to tease you on that!

I hope Steve remembers what Mr.P said at dinner... ahem, I think this is nearly verbatim "there's no way you could detest Bush more than I"....
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 09:55 am
Yes I do remember that Piffka.

And just to reiterate that no matter how mad I get with Bush and his crew, I know in reality there are many many good Americans with whom its good to share the same planet, and sometimes a dinner table. Very Happy

Hope things ok for you all over there. Tell Mr P I will make sure Bush gets a suitable message, if the gun toting security guys let me and my placard get nearer than 2 miles away! Thank God we live in a democracy.

Gautam, the position of Poet Laureate will soon be vacant, suggest you apply. Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 11:34 am
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Gautam, the position of Poet Laureate will soon be vacant, suggest you apply. Laughing

I thought, they employ only jesters at at the Imperial Court of Georgius Frutex II :wink:
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 11:53 am
fbaezer wrote:
But Mexicans are way more deceptive and hypocritical than Brits, those champions of fair play. ... their people just don't understand what it means to sacrifice for the sake of the rest of the world.

... deceptive and hypocritical....
... don't understand what it means to sacrifice for the sake of the rest of the world...

Boy are you confused! The vast majority of the world would link these terms to the US thanks to the current administration.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 11:56 am
Good one, ebrown_p. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 12:00 pm
Do the natives appear unusually restless tonight???
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:16 pm
Where? Canada, England, Iraq or Buckingham Palace?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:31 pm
A2K!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:46 pm
Well yes they do now you mention it Frank, and I put it down to the unusual sun spot activity just at the moment.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 06:34 am
Meanwhile at one end of the Mall next week, we get down to business.

Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth the Second. "Welcome to Buckingham Palace Mr President, and how was your trip?
W No problems your Royal Majesty, the traffic was a breeze.
Q That's possibly because I've had most of central London cordoned orf, and the plebs banished for the day.
W Well thanks a bundle Ma'am, I really appreciate that.
Q Now, what is it you have come here to see me about?
W You know this is a little difficult, but I have a bit of a problem with my poll,…you know in the South.
Q I see, it must be quite troubling.
W It sure is. The thing is, I wondered if you and I could do something together to give me a little boost. I've seen you on tv many times, I know what great oralists you British are. It would sure give me a lift, 'cause I'm going south in more ways than one at the moment if you understand me, your Ma'amness.
Q Well its been a while but I don't see why not. Tell me, why do they call you Dubya?
W It’s just a family name thing… bit like yours I suppose, all those Georges!
Q Indeed! In a way I'm glad you asked me to do this…I shall be able to dub you Dubya. A double Dubya, what fun!
W Well I'm honoured Ma'am
Q And afterwards I can say, arise Sir Dubya, but in your case I see you are already risen!
W Its my first time in the presence of a real queen ma'am, a Texas boy can't help gettin' mighty excited.
Q Oh don't worry about that, it happens all the time with royalty. Now it will be necessary for one to go down on one's knees. So if you would like to lean against the writing desk…
W Er…?
Q But I don't think cameras will be necessary at this point.
W But I was hoping for a little campaign material
Q Well if you insist. Now crown on or orf?
W Beg pardon Ma'am?
Q Its just that Philip always used to say it hurt his ribs.

After the ceremony

Q Well thank you for coming Mr President, or now I should say Sir Dubya!
W No no the pleasure was all mine, really it was! You know I read all that stuff in the papers about British Royalty and I never believed any of it! Jeez!…I had no idea about those royal ceremonies…
W (safely back in car) You're NOT gonna believe this!!!!!
Senior aid. Its ok sir, Tony Blair has already promised to have the tapes destroyed.
0 Replies