BaCaRdi

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 05:03 pm
I bow in thy honer my lady of science...

A truly spectacular lady...Yes an a Lady too!
Think I am in Love!..hahah
Marie Curie

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Mariecurie.jpg/180px-Mariecurie.jpg

She died as a direct result of her work due to "Radiation Poisoning". Undoubtedly, a true Pioneer of science for sure!

If it was not for her works, we would have never Split the Atom in the first place. Or have realized the havoc radiation cause to the "Double Helix"

Thank you my Dear!
God Bless you,
-BaC

http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/handbook/illustrations/dnastructure.jpg
Welcome the Stairway to the heavens....
-TRoN
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 958 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boagie

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 07:53 pm
@BaCaRdi,
Yo!Smile

The reason she got sole credit for the discovery was that her husband, her partner in the project died of radiation posioning just before the process of elimenation brought forth the discovery. I suppose she is the soul discoverer seeing as he was dead at the time of the eureka moment. It would however seem fair to acknowledge his work, I believe she was his assistent.
BaCaRdi

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 09:33 am
@boagie,
Yep..

There usually are team efforts of some sort in the sciences...

-BaC
boagie wrote:
Yo!Smile

The reason she got sole credit for the discovery was that her husband, her partner in the project died of radiation posioning just before the process of elimenation brought forth the discovery. I suppose she is the soul discoverer seeing as he was dead at the time of the eureka moment. It would however seem fair to acknowledge his work, I believe she was his assistent.
0 Replies