"Ex-Fiancee/Future Wife"

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 11:31 pm
A friend of mine, let's call him Archer, who says he wants you "philosopher dudes" to back him up. Here's the story:

Archer and Erica have been together for five years; they've their ups and downs, but always seems to make it through. Until this year. They were due to get married in June, but in March, they broke up. Here's what's been happening since then:

* Erica striked Archer and his friends from her friend list on MSN/Facebook and vice-versa.
* Erica threatened to sell their cat which they had for years
* Archer has "dreams" about her
* Erica's family doesn't talk to Archer anymore
* Erica evicted Archer from their shared premises
* Zero communications (aside from the cat incident) since March
* Archer's been going out with other women, but he still pines for Erica
* Erica's also been dating other guys; her reaction is unknown.
* Archer's been observing her movements through highway webcams

In spite of all this, he thinks that his ex-fiancee, will still be his future wife. What odds do you give him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,136 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:07 am
@Victor Eremita,
Wow.

Alright, don't take this post too seriously.

Quote:
A friend of mine, let's call him Archer, who says he wants you "philosopher dudes" to back him up.
I think boagie has posted this link already - I've really enjoyed reading the responses.

Ask a Philosopher!

Quote:
Archer and Erica have been together for five years; they've their ups and downs, but always seems to make it through. Until this year. They were due to get married in June, but in March, they broke up.
Classic scenario. Seen this many times. I'd still give them a chance at this point.

Quote:
* Erica striked Archer and his friends from her friend list on MSN/Facebook and vice-versa.
Uh, oh; they removed one another from MSN/Facebook. Is this how people respond to emotional problems? Sounds petty. How much time passed between the breakup and the mutual MSN/Facebook removals?

When someone hits another person, there's always the question of: why? Was Erica (assuming Erica is a woman) intoxicated and violent? Or was Erica, let's say, naturally responding to something Archer did that was out of line, perhaps?

Quote:
* Erica threatened to sell their cat which they had for years
Either way, if she doesn't want the cat, get rid of the cat.

Quote:
* Archer has "dreams" about her
In time, the dreams will end. The dreams will end...

Quote:
* Erica's family doesn't talk to Archer anymore
Dude is done. Move along now, nothing else to see. He'll recover. Time heals all wounds, ect.

Quote:
* Erica evicted Archer from their shared premises
Naturally.

Quote:
* Zero communications (aside from the cat incident) since March
It's no coincidence, buddy. This wasn't some subconscious attempt on Erica's part to talk to you - she doesn't want the feline.

Quote:
* Archer's been going out with other women, but he still pines for Erica
See, you're alright, pal. Already moving on. Do these women have anything to do with the relationship with Erica?

Quote:
* Erica's also been dating other guys; her reaction is unknown.
That ain't an unknown, bro.

Quote:
* Archer's been observing her movements through highway webcams
Creepy.

Quote:
In spite of all this, he thinks that his ex-fiancee, will still be his future wife. What odds do you give him?
He's not looking good. Maybe... in time... Look: he should move on. No more creepy stalker, peeping-tom nonsense. He needs to stop and think about his mistakes. In time, they may be able to be friends. If they can become friends friends, and pigs fly, they may, one day, tie the knot. Good luck to both of them.
0 Replies