A definition of philosophy.

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:29 am
To my rationale, philosophy has as a scope to demystify visions of concepts as are the Arts,God and existence and from them to create concrete concepts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 911 • Replies: 3
No top replies

kennethamy

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:24 am
@diamantis,
diamantis wrote:
To my rationale, philosophy has as a scope to demystify visions of concepts as are the Arts,God and existence and from them to create concrete concepts.

I find the concept of a concrete concept mystifying. Could you demistify it for me and create a concrete concept?
longknowledge

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 03:08 am
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;24313 wrote:
I find the concept of a concrete concept mystifying. Could you demistify it for me and create a concrete concept?

Hereare some. :flowers:
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 04:59 am
@diamantis,
diamantis;24303 wrote:

Your rational is expressed wrongly, or it is simply wrong...There is nothing mysterious about concepts, and they are the everything of life, and while they may have begun as the spiritual conception of self and of nature they have become in the world of physics the key to all knowledge...Now, all concepts are abstractions, but physical concepts reflect a being and a certain meaning, and moral concepts only reflect an unncertain meaning...The idea of a concept being concrete is nonsense, because what then would be the concept of concrete...It is because even concepts of the physical world are spiritual in nature that tthey are useful since they stand in for reality...If people today die for the want of liberty, they also die for the want of food and justice, and it is not the concepts that kill them, but because they die without them gives their concepts of liberty and life and justice meaning...
0 Replies