Death by will?

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 09:50 pm
Got a question. If we suffered from no disease or cancer, or any such defect to our body, would we be immortal?

Is there such an immaterial deterioration that could cause us to die naturally?

My history teacher told the class a story about his grandma who was so determined to get that letter from the queen (when you turn 100 years old the Queen presents you with a hand written letter from her, herself; in Canada). Anyways, the grandma was in a poor state for many years according to him, and she did finally reach 100, and got the letter from the queen, the day she turned 100:happybday:. By that time, though, she had Alzheimers but was "blissfully understanding" (teacher emphasized that key phrase) about the letter. She died about a week later, even though she was basically dying for many years. Is this the body at work, or the will?

Any thoughts? :rockon:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,231 • Replies: 2
No top replies

rado

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 06:21 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Got a question. If we suffered from no disease or cancer, or any such defect to our body, would we be immortal?

Is there such an immaterial deterioration that could cause us to die naturally?

I think anything you can imagine is possible, if you feel enough motivation (desire, will) and have enough knowledge.

Rado
0 Replies

Ennui phil

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2008 01:23 am
@Holiday20310401,
Death is ultimately nothing to be an immortal if one is dead when 100 years or above.It is typical and natural,which begot from science.
0 Replies