Thought as rationalism

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 09:24 pm
@de Silentio,
Biological truths are a means of cognitive processes becoming intuitive I would think, because the reaction to the environment is distinguished through an absolute (truth) rather than conditions. You'd probably word it better.

By the way I know that quote "the truth is often uncertain and never simple" (or something like that). This is either wrong or it is able to construe with the fact that the truth must be an absolute right?

Thought as a rational process; yes that is what I suppose was trying to get at. We rely on experience for cognition, but the ability to have thought for perception to be of any use is purely rational.

Then again, how to define rational, b/c like I said before, primitives can't really assess perception, or provide meaning from it. But then how can I say that when the whole survival instinct is dependent upon that. In fact, emotions could be an evolutionary progress to allow for a wider range of perception so that rational thought can't be more vivid if in the absence of virtue for the species.

Rational is to me, providing meaning of the environment by means of the perception and cognating it in a deductive manner. Like basing something's importance to intentions by true or false, and knowing to choose truth because it suits the purpose rather than false; not only T F, right wrong (not morally of course), etc.

The truth is digital in this sense and what can't be put into truth is put aside as an absolute experience being analog. But as deduction would be the only rational process for finding truth, there must be other processes to label. Conditional?, as analog just as deduction would be binary(not digitally of course).

Hope that clarifies things. My brothers want on the computer now so brb in 2 hours relative to posting time, lol. Stupid gaming.
boagie

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 09:33 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday,Smile

Excellent, I would respond but I have to run, catch you later!!
Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:50 pm
@boagie,
Well as long as you found it "enlightening", lol, perhaps thats why you're running off?
boagie

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:44 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday,

Well yes, it does warrent a few questions.

''Biological truths are a means of cognitive processes becoming intuitive I would think, because the reaction to the environment is distinguished through an absolute (truth) rather than conditions. You'd probably word it better.''quote

:)What is this absolute truth, the truth is based upon the relation between the object and ones self, as ones biology, as subject. Conditions I would think are those conditons surrounding both subject and objecti, or to put it another way, the frame of context, but there is only one relation here considered, and that is the relation between subject and object.

"By the way I know that quote "the truth is often uncertain and never simple" (or something like that). This is either wrong or it is able to construe with the fact that the truth must be an absolute right?"quote

:)Yes truth is either a truth or not, I have no idea why one would qualify it as absolute.

"Thought as a rational process; yes that is what I suppose was trying to get at. We rely on experience for cognition, but the ability to have thought for perception to be of any use is purely rational." quote

:)Yes it is the lock which presumes its key.

"Then again, how to define rational, b/c like I said before, primitives can't really assess perception, or provide meaning from it. But then how can I say that when the whole survival instinct is dependent upon that. In fact, emotions could be an evolutionary progress to allow for a wider range of perception so that rational thought can't be more vivid if in the absence of virtue for the species." quote

:)This is a little challenging, I think emotions are in some way a necessity to reaction. In recent findings it is idicated that ones perception of the world or environment is what turns on and off any give gene, I think with any given perception there is an emotional response to said perception, and this is what turns the given gene on or off.

"Rational is to me, providing meaning of the environment by means of the perception and cognating it in a deductive manner. Like basing something's importance to intentions by true or false, and knowing to choose truth because it suits the purpose rather than false; not only T F, right wrong (not morally of course), etc." quote

:)Yes it has to be a rational process that give meaning to an otherwise meaningless world, the meaning is placed upon the relation between subject and object, so truth you might say is about the quality and meaning of said relation.

"The truth is digital in this sense and what can't be put into truth is put aside as an absolute experience being analog. But as deduction would be the only rational process for finding truth, there must be other processes to label. Conditional?, as analog just as deduction would be binary(not digitally of course)." quote

:)Well you lose me here. One has the experience, then one rationalize what that means to ones own biology, any said truth about the quality of object is the correlation between the experience and the rational processes.

[RIGHT]http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/PHBlue/misc/progress.gif[/RIGHT]
Holiday20310401

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:02 pm
@boagie,
And I agree with you on that last point. I just decided to abstract connotatively. Silly of me. But I am in hopes that someone will understand my connotations derived from analog and digital and recognize the ambiguity.
0 Replies