The Cognative Theoretic Model of the Universe

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 03:46 pm
this paper caught my eye a while back while browsing Physicsforums.com. The piece is a supposed theory of everything and reads more like a philosophy text than a science text, so I thought it might be more appropriate to discuss on a forum such as this.

The piece is quite long and dense, so it may be quite a bit before anyone who has not heard of it prior to this post has much to say about it.

If you have read the CTMU before now, it would surely be of benefit to those who have not read it if you would give your thoughts/ summaries of the piece.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,320 • Replies: 16
No top replies

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 04:22 pm
@Zetetic11235,
This is the abstract copied from the first page of the paper, which basically outlines it in a nutshell. An abnormally large nutshell.

Abstract: Inasmuch as science is observational or perceptual in nature, the goal of providing a scientific model and mechanism for the evolution of complex systems ultimately requires a supporting theory of reality of which perception itself is the model (or theory-to-universe mapping). Where information is the abstract currency of perception, such a theory must incorporate the theory of information while extending the information concept to incorporate reflexive self-processing in order to achieve an intrinsic (self-contained) description of reality. This extension is associated with a limiting formulation of model theory identifying mental and physical reality, resulting in a reflexively self-generating, self-modeling theory of reality identical to its universe on the syntactic level. By the nature of its derivation, this theory, the Cognitive Theoretic Model of the Universe or CTMU, can be regarded as a supertautological reality-theoretic extension of logic. Uniting the theory of reality with an advanced form of computational language theory, the CTMU describes reality as a Self-Configuring Self-Processing Language or SCSPL, a reflexive intrinsic language characterized not only by self-reference and recursive self-definition, but full self-configuration and self-execution (reflexive read-write functionality). SCSPL reality embodies a dual-aspect monism consisting of infocognition, self-transducing information residing in self-recognizing SCSPL elements called syntactic operators. The CTMU identifies itself with the structure of these operators and thus with the distributive syntax of its self-modeling SCSPL universe, including the reflexive grammar by which the universe refines itself from unbound telesis or UBT, a primordial realm of infocognitive potential free of informational constraint. Under the guidance of a limiting (intrinsic) form of anthropic principle called the Telic Principle, SCSPL evolves by telic recursion, jointly configuring syntax and state while maximizing a generalized self-selection parameter and adjusting on the fly to freely-changing internal conditions. SCSPL relates space, time and object by means of conspansive duality and conspansion, an SCSPL-grammatical process featuring an alternation between dual phases of existence associated with design and actualization and related to the familiar wave-particle duality of quantum mechanics. By distributing the design phase of reality over the actualization phase, conspansive spacetime also provides a distributed mechanism for Intelligent Design, adjoining to the restrictive principle of natural selection a basic means of generating information and complexity. Addressing physical evolution on not only the biological but cosmic level, the CTMU addresses the most evident deficiencies and paradoxes associated with conventional discrete and continuum models of reality, including temporal directionality and accelerating cosmic expansion, while preserving virtually all of the major benefits of current scientific and mathematical paradigms.

Still reading it though, looks interesting.
0 Replies

MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:14 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
this paper caught my eye a while back while browsing Physicsforums.com. The piece is a supposed theory of everything and reads more like a philosophy text than a science text, so I thought it might be more appropriate to discuss on a forum such as this.

The piece is quite long and dense, so it may be quite a bit before anyone who has not heard of it prior to this post has much to say about it.

If you have read the CTMU before now, it would surely be of benefit to those who have not read it if you would give your thoughts/ summaries of the piece.

I feel Langan's work is quite genius.

I have tried to email him several times and even tried to join his web forum without success.

The CTMU needs a few fundamental corrections though... including on the speed of light which he assumes is a constant and which he uses as a bases for conspansion.

If there only existed bradyons and luxons then I guess assuming a constant speed on light would be fairly safe.

But actually there are other forms of energy that travel faster than the speed of light... they are called scalar fermions or tachyons or scalar waves.

Further, one can get bradyonic systems (material systems) like a space craft to travel faster than the speed of light because the speed of light is not a constant;

c = mu x ni

In other words, the speed of light equals the permitivity times the permeability of the spatial vacuum. And we can modify the permitivity and permeability of the spatial vacuum to significantly reduce the inertial drag on a space craft and thus surpass the speed of light without much difficulty; this is because inertia is caused by fluctuations in the spatial vacuum; wherein accelerating or decelerating in any direction causes an increased fluctuation gradient on one side of the craft and a lower gradient on the other. In fact the equation of the inertial drag on a space craft is the same as that of the aerodynamic drag of an airplane.

This topic is covered in Valone's Phd thesis;

http://www.zpenergy.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=44

Another issue Langan seems to have missed is that if Mind=Reality then surely there must be a mind matter mechanism for human psychic functioning read/write access on information across space and time.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 12:54 pm
@MySiddhi,
MySiddhi wrote:

Another issue Langan seems to have missed is that if Mind=Reality then surely there must be a mind matter mechanism for human psychic functioning read/write access on information across space and time.

Ah but there is. Mind Over Matter: Brain Waves Guide a Cursor's Path (washingtonpost.com)
If the brain waves must simply be focused on these implants to control them, and the implants simply magnify the the allready present brain waves, then it is indeed quite likely that the mere act of thinking has physical consequence. Such a result would not be surprising, the mind is indeed a physical entity and by using it we do in fact change the physical structure of the universe. Look at my reasoning for the impossibility of determinism to be of use. My argument is based upon the fact that in order to gather and organize all data, a physical change must happen, and to catalogue every pice of physical data, that change must be catalogued as well, and so on and so forth. Due to the cataloguing process being physical, and the extrapolation just as much so, any process working to an ends of total definite prediction, would simply get caught in a cycle.
MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:00 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
Ah but there is. Mind Over Matter: Brain Waves Guide a Cursor's Path (washingtonpost.com)
If the brain waves must simply be focused on these implants to control them, and the implants simply magnify the the allready present brain waves, then it is indeed quite likely that the mere act of thinking has physical consequence. Such a result would not be surprising, the mind is indeed a physical entity and by using it we do in fact change the physical structure of the universe. Look at my reasoning for the impossibility of determinism to be of use. My argument is based upon the fact that in order to gather and organize all data, a physical change must happen, and to catalogue every pice of physical data, that change must be catalogued as well, and so on and so forth. Due to the cataloguing process being physical, and the extrapolation just as much so, any process working to an ends of total definite prediction, would simply get caught in a cycle.

"over space and time" is the critical point on mind directly read/write accessing information of material systems.

Here are some examples;

Articles and Papers - Scientific Papers - The Sense of Being Stared At - Confirmed by Simple Experiments
Articles and Papers - Scientific Papers - Telepathy - Experimental Tests for Telephone Telepathy
http://www.princeton.edu/%7Epear/pdfs/correlations.pdf
ISTPP: Crime Prevention
AIR : An Assessment of the Evidence for Psychic Functioning : Jessica Utts

I have discovered the causal mechanism of mind matter interactions; Mind (scalar temporal energy; tachyons) and Matter (vector spatial energy; bradyons) are dually related harmonic convergents of each other. i.e. The destructive interference of vector potentials creates a scalar wave, and the destructive interference of scalar waves creates a vector potential.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:09 pm
@MySiddhi,
It is my understanding that the tachyon is hypothetical, and considered a mathematical tool for certain physical systems that call for it rather than a real particle. Seeing as how in order to have a system with both tachyons and bradyons you have to introduce complex valued mass, it seems that there still are a lot of kinks to work out.

Are you speaking metaphorically in your last paragraph?

I was wondering, do you have a degree in physics or mathematics?
MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 01:26 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
It is my understanding that the tachyon is hypothetical, and considered a mathematical tool for certain physical systems that call for it rather than a real particle. Seeing as how in order to have a system with both tachyons and bradyons you have to introduce complex valued mass, it seems that there still are a lot of kinks to work out.

Are you speaking metaphorically in your last paragraph?

I was wondering, do you have a degree in physics or mathematics?

Tachyon physics is not taught in university because it is considered top secret... in the same way they do not actually teach you how to create an atomic bomb or any other weaponry of significance unless you are in the military on a need to know basis.

Tachyon weaponry is "God power"... for example the storm Katrina was created by scalar energy weaponry... with this technology one can manifest endothermic or exothermic fields of any shape out of thin air and control the weather as well as create earth quakes and tsunamis.

Tachyons are not hypothetical... for example quantum entanglement is a superluminal process; (I discovered the causal mechanism of quantum entanglement and non-locality) tachyons are scalar fermions or scalar waves (particle/wave duality) that interact with gauge bosons creating non-local effects (such as two spatially or one temporally separated photon(s) sharing spin interaction) in the same respect analogous to gauge bosons interacting with vector fermions creating non-local effects (such as two spatially separated protons sharing charge interaction). Also if you include the fact that vector energy is the destructive harmonic of a plurality of scalar waves... it will account for the double slit experiment in that the plurality of scalar waves are being split into two groups and thus interfering with each other.

I have found experiments in the past based on the word "scalar energy" which demonstrated superluminal energy transfer as well as over unity. I am sure you can find something if you look, I don't have the link at the moment.

I am not speaking metaphorically in my last paragraph. Scalar energy is a necessity from Maxwell's quaternion electromagnetic equations. And Whittaker has demonstrated that the subluminal and superluminal forms of energy are simply harmonic destructive interference of each other.

I pursued a BSEEE but dropped out of college to work on my inventions.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:18 pm
@MySiddhi,
So this is top secret? What about this ? Or all of these? Is there missing information? Could you perhaps compile a list of your resources and make it public?

How did you get ahold of this secret information? Also, how is anyone to evaluate your claims if they have no access to your information?
MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:36 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
So this is top secret? What about this ? Or all of these? Is there missing information? Could you perhaps compile a list of your resources and make it public?

How did you get ahold of this secret information? Also, how is anyone to evaluate your claims if they have no access to your information?

"Top secret" in that you will never hear any official source actually teach you how to use scalar energy! Because of course it doesn't really exist right? lol

And you will never likely see technology based on it in public view because it would inherently go against vested monopoly interests.

The Tom Bearden Website
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:47 pm
@MySiddhi,
You are indeed Mars Sterling Turner correct?
Science Forums - View Profile: MySiddhi

Latest posts of: MySiddhi - Naked Scientists Discussion Forum

Proof of God - Raving Atheists Forum

mars sterling turner - Google Search

Because I cannot find anything by him or of him divorced from your screen name/webpage.
MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:56 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
You are indeed Mars Sterling Turner correct?
Science Forums - View Profile: MySiddhi

Latest posts of: MySiddhi - Naked Scientists Discussion Forum

Proof of God - Raving Atheists Forum

mars sterling turner - Google Search

Because I cannot find anything by him or of him divorced from your screen name/webpage.

I am Mars Sterling Turner... here is my website;

http://mysiddhi.freehostia.com/
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:15 pm
@MySiddhi,
Do you have any standing patents or pending patents for your work? Also, do you think it possible that you could simply join the mega society? Looking at the titan test, it doesn't seem an insurmountable obstacle for someone of high intelligence who is willing to put in the time to take it. If you could get a high enough score on the test you would have quite a bit of interaction with langan.
MySiddhi

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:
Do you have any standing patents or pending patents for your work? Also, do you think it possible that you could simply join the mega society? Looking at the titan test, it doesn't seem an insurmountable obstacle for someone of high intelligence who is willing to put in the time to take it. If you could get a high enough score on the test you would have quite a bit of interaction with langan.

Here is one of my inventions I have an application on;

Toric pulsating continuous combustion rotary engine compressor or pump - IP.com's Patent Debate

I suppose I could get tested. I am almost running out of discussions that are half way intelligent on all the different forums I am on. I guess if I end up getting bored with the open forums I will just have to get tested so I can join Ultranet.
Zetetic11235

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 05:15 pm
@MySiddhi,
It is going to be quite difficult to find a community that has both sufficient interest in your ideas and sufficient knowledge of physical science to follow. Your theoretical work is simply not accessible by those who do not have a knowledge of theoretical physics and mathematics.

I am a 19 year old college sophmore getting his degree in both mathematics and physics, however I simply do not yet have the technical facility to comment on the theoretical physics that you cite. Most of the people on this forum do not have phd's in theoretical physics nor do they self study the subject. I am afraid you will be limited to non-technical disscussion here unless the technical aspect is of purely philosophical interest; introduction of terms and concepts of hard science will simply alienate nearly every person on this forum from the discussion.

You may even find the same problem on ultranet, as the specialties of the mebers may widely vary.
MySiddhi

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 03:31 pm
@Zetetic11235,
I found a research paper you might find interesting about scalar energy;

http://www.scientificexploration.org/jse/articles/pdf/15.2_meyl.pdf

I found the link in an older version of my proof;

MySpace.com Blogs - Humble God MySpace Blog
0 Replies

Fairbanks

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 04:57 pm
@Zetetic11235,
Zetetic11235 wrote:

Thanks for pointing out this paper. I will take a skeptical approach in the sense that investigation is required.

-
0 Replies

Fairbanks

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@MySiddhi,
MySiddhi wrote:
. . . And you will never likely see technology based on it in public view because it would inherently go against vested monopoly interests.

The Tom Bearden Website

Smile
I have Tesla's books, Keely's books, and Russell's books. Langan's stuff, too. Anything else I need besides a hotline to Hoagland?
0 Replies