Clarifying Political Philosophy

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:09 am
I want to talk about clarifying political philosophy, clarifying the true nature of political reality.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 966 • Replies: 4
No top replies

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:30 am
@Adrian ada,
Egh-de-de-don't quote me regulations. I co-chaired the committee that reviewed the recommendation to revise the COLOR of the book that regulation is written in.

We kept it grey...

(Prime bureaucrat of the central bureaucracy)

LOL! A mighty task is set before you in that endeavor. What exactly do you want to clarify? Also, welcome to the forum!
0 Replies

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:46 am
@Adrian ada,
Adrian_ada wrote:
I want to talk about clarifying political philosophy, clarifying the true nature of political reality.

The nature of politics is the resolution of issues and conflicts created by the interaction of a group of individuals.
Gilborn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:54 am
@Mr Fight the Power,
Both bureaucracy and the endeavor to work out or differences are parts of today's politics in any country that has a political system in which the people have a say in the ruling. If you have ever read 1984 by George Orwell I think you would have a better idea of a real government, and politics. Money, Power, Control, Deception, Image, and destruction.

Got to get back to work, I'll continue later
de budding

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:32 pm
@Gilborn,
'Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions that affect others' lives. The term is generally applied to behavior within civil governments, but politics has been observed in all human group interactions, including corporate, academic, and religious institutions.' - Wikipedia

But I think I started to get my first taste of personal clarification when I read Aristotle's Politics. At the start Aristotle works from the lowest, social common denominator, the people of a state, and works his way up through the household, through staff (or slaves); through private business, trade etc. Then drawing upon examples of other states and how/why they don't work.

Straight away the nature of politics appears as a social nature, and one that is born from the interaction of minds (or brains to a lesser extent.) Hence I think it is something which should be governed closer to the lowest common denominator. Does not the interactions of the quantum world (our lowest denominator) govern our's and everything's actions?

A top down approach like that of a government goes against the natural order of systems and how systems can arise from chaos and be self persistent. We try to act as a waterfall throwing resources of the edge, trying to cascade them downwards to the lowest common denominator bellow as we see they needs. What is more practical and natural is a self persistent system more akin to a wave of water, running forward because it's falling down and falling down because it is running forward. The lowest common denominator here is able to govern propagation by what it needs alone, and what it needs can in turn by governed by what they are.

Note: If any one is confused by my lame analogies, you may be able to see where I'm coming from if you read Steve Grand's 'Creation: Life and How to make it'. Growing up with Lucy
0 Replies