1
   

Philosophical Theory of Everything

 
 
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:57 am
@Aedes,
Aedes wrote:
Does the world care if physicists come up with a unifying theory of everything? ... Does it get us any closer to understanding ourselves?


I think this is a great challenge to those who seek theories of everything. Because of their attempted scope, such theories typically mean nothing in the end.

I am curious what drives people to seek theories of everything (though I think I know some of the primary reasons).

But, of more interest to me is whether it really matters that a biologist studying which flowers attract bumblebees does not include an explanation of the harmonic response of a cantilever beam to an impact. What value would there be in "unifying" two such disparate fields of study?
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:51 am
@Resha Caner,
I'll take the silence as agreement - no one has a burning need to create a philosophy of everything.

So, rather than trying to merge biology and mechanics, let's narrow the scope a bit. I'm going with mechanics, where I have a background. Sorry, but I never did like biology.

Do people think there is one true theory for a particular aspect - say gravity? Or, are you content to let multiple theories live side by side?

Some will say that Newton is a special case of Einstein, but others will say they are completely different theories. Just for the sake of argument, assume we agreed they are completely different theories. Is it OK that physicists use Einstein and engineers use Newton?
BaCaRdi
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:39 pm
@Resha Caner,
Whats the matter of things, Resha?

Resha Caner wrote:
I'll take the silence as agreement - no one has a burning need to create a philosophy of everything.

So, rather than trying to merge biology and mechanics, let's narrow the scope a bit. I'm going with mechanics, where I have a background. Sorry, but I never did like biology.

Do people think there is one true theory for a particular aspect - say gravity? Or, are you content to let multiple theories live side by side?

Some will say that Newton is a special case of Einstein, but others will say they are completely different theories. Just for the sake of argument, assume we agreed they are completely different theories. Is it OK that physicists use Einstein and engineers use Newton?
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:43 pm
@BaCaRdi,
I can't seem to get your video to work, so I don't know what you're getting at. Is it something you can explain in a post?
0 Replies
 
BaCaRdi
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:49 pm
@Bomzaway,
In progress my friends..mods are helping:)

-BaC
0 Replies
 
paulhanke
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:29 pm
@Resha Caner,
Resha Caner wrote:
I am curious what drives people to seek theories of everything (though I think I know some of the primary reasons).


... because it lights up the neurons in my brain like a Christmas tree Wink

Here are some recurring themes that hint that there may be a unified theory of non-equilibrium thermodynamics (if not a unified theory of everything):

- the Golden Ratio
- fractals (in substance)
- fractals (in process)
- deterministic chaos
- life
- ...
0 Replies
 
paulhanke
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:41 pm
@Resha Caner,
Resha Caner wrote:
Do people think there is one true theory for a particular aspect - say gravity?


... only to the extent that there is one true role through which a particular aspect discloses itself to us ... if, on the other hand, a particular aspect discloses itself to us through multiple roles - say, "wave" and "particle" - then perhaps we should not dismiss from consideration that there may be multiple true theories regarding that aspect ...

Resha Caner wrote:
Is it OK that physicists use Einstein and engineers use Newton?


... as an engineer, I would have to say that it's perfectly acceptable ... in most cases, Newton's physics work perfectly well as a simplified model of Einstein's physics ... for example, engineering a race car ... on the other hand, if you're building a supercollider ... ... ... well that's another story! Wink ...
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:48 pm
@paulhanke,
I have my own reasons to think there is a theory of everything, but those reasons are inadmissible here.

Whether it exists or not does not mean we can find it ... or understand it. Maybe the answer is 42, but what is the question?

Or, maybe it wouldn't be practical. Take a recent discussion on pi. Though it's a fun (and maybe even intellectually worthwhile) thing to seek a rational end to pi, it doesn't have practical value. The number of digits we know far exceeds the precision of our abilities to use them.

So, it becomes a religious pursuit of some kind. I'm not sure it's science anymore, and I definitely don't want my taxes funding such things. If people want to pursue such things, it should be done with private funding.

Back to my other question. If we have two theories that explain the same phenomenon, do we need to declare one "right" and one "wrong"? Or is it more scientifically "pure" to define the boundary conditions within which the competing theories operate and the accuracy of their results?

EDIT: I didn't see your second reply, Paul. I think we agree.
BaCaRdi
 
  1  
Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:54 pm
@Resha Caner,
Well said "Resha" <--said it correctly too Wink The "Rope", string that binds:)

Remember in forum knowledge you speaking to a group and a person...I got you..

Paul is a wise man indeed my brother;)

-BaC
-Di Vinci
Resha Caner wrote:
I have my own reasons to think there is a theory of everything, but those reasons are inadmissible here.

Whether it exists or not does not mean we can find it ... or understand it. Maybe the answer is 42, but what is the question?

Or, maybe it wouldn't be practical. Take a recent discussion on pi. Though it's a fun (and maybe even intellectually worthwhile) thing to seek a rational end to pi, it doesn't have practical value. The number of digits we know far exceeds the precision of our abilities to use them.

So, it becomes a religious pursuit of some kind. I'm not sure it's science anymore, and I definitely don't want my taxes funding such things. If people want to pursue such things, it should be done with private funding.

Back to my other question. If we have two theories that explain the same phenomenon, do we need to declare one "right" and one "wrong"? Or is it more scientifically "pure" to define the boundary conditions within which the competing theories operate and the accuracy of their results?

EDIT: I didn't see your second reply, Paul. I think we agree.
0 Replies
 
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 08:17 pm
@paulhanke,
paulhanke wrote:
if, on the other hand, a particular aspect discloses itself to us through multiple roles - say, "wave" and "particle" - then perhaps we should not dismiss from consideration that there may be multiple true theories regarding that aspect


A good example. But then let me ask this. Are they both "true"? I'm OK with using them to the extent that their limitations are understood. It solves the problem.

But are they "true" or are they merely sophisticated curve fitting? It seems to me there is probably a "warticle" or "parve" theory that would not have the apparent conflict of dual theories. Why does intuition want one explanation?
BaCaRdi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 09:20 pm
@Resha Caner,
My explanation has always been..

If it's not a particle or a wave yet it is when we want it to be...Must be something different and what we are seeing are effects not the source.

I more or less believe that the wave is the energy wake, not what causes it.

A particle is matter it travels that fast, all you see is the wake of energy while it is passing your time.

Remember here, when traveling at light speed, time freezes.
Source ***Einsteins special theory of relativity***

So that speed of light c is always constant to(the Observer) you(reality), regardless how fast your going in relation to the other....

And yes, even if yourself is at the c constant..If you observe it, it's still at c.

c=186,000 miles a second

It's a bird it's a plane...ohh wait..it's not either but is both too..:poke-eye:
I believe it's this alpha particle that has the time travel capabilities, this connects to my Buddhist beliefs of thought was the center of it all.

I also believe that this cloud of DNA is timeless, alpha bombardment restructures DNA by breaking it to pieces. Now as it states information can't be destroyed. This DNA could as indicated by another member of the collective, is as well timeless in nature.

Since you can think you way out of trouble by nature of life the human being. You can also become who you want to be, by means of "pure" will.

Diversity Earth Style,

-TRoN
Resha Caner wrote:
A good example. But then let me ask this. Are they both "true"? I'm OK with using them to the extent that their limitations are understood. It solves the problem.

But are they "true" or are they merely sophisticated curve fitting? It seems to me there is probably a "warticle" or "parve" theory that would not have the apparent conflict of dual theories. Why does intuition want one explanation?
paulhanke
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 10:28 pm
@Resha Caner,
Resha Caner wrote:
Why does intuition want one explanation?


... I can only hazard a wild guess here - that I can deal more effectively with what life throws at me if I only have/need one explanation ... that is, it's more adaptive to seek and store a single generalization than it is to overwhelm the limited memory resources with a multitude of specific episodes ... of course, culture may have turned this tradeoff on its head - it may now be more adaptive to be able to be creative about Googling specific episodes than it is to seek and store a single generalization! Wink
BaCaRdi
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 11:22 pm
@paulhanke,
[CENTER][CENTER]
paulhanke wrote:
... I can only hazard a wild guess here - that I can deal more effectively with what life throws at me if I only have/need one explanation ... that is, it's more adaptive to seek and store a single generalization than it is to overwhelm the limited memory resources with a multitude of specific episodes ... of course, culture may have turned this tradeoff on its head - it may now be more adaptive to be able to be creative about Googling specific episodes than it is to seek and store a single generalization! [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MRICCI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]


Well I would have to say, the egg must come before chickens.... There must have been a start...

Dark Matter:
Well it's pretty dark out there...all you have to do is look up for a while and you will see it. The sky is filled with darkness, this darkness is time itself. It has to been woven into the fabric of space. These are the Voids of my dreams, the faith humanity has to offer for itself to the better of all evil.

Lets just say my friends; there are indeed unquantifiable paths in life for these journeys have partaken. My payers are with you my little friends the atoms, hail to the ultimate forms of life. We are not yet set on the correct evolutionary path. Humanity is in trouble the future is in our hands. For all man kinds sufferings we are the evolution to honor.

Atom:
these are the makings of our worlds, the divine beings we call matter itself. These are thoughts of the yester years from our ancestor's roots our calling to the torcher we call mankind. Human kind has been convicted to hell as our brain has its crown of thorns. This ancestrally link is the only negative necessity's left in our DNA pools. They are also indivisibility with liberty and justice for mankind.

The smashing of one's dreams in the colliders of destruction, the smashing of realities in the holy sacrament we have with the embodiment of Christ our father the heavens await us my sons of god. Well let's just say I wouldn't go smashing what our dreams are made from. They are indeed the smallest form of matter in our universe. When you smash the smallest things, you get smaller things inside of that inside of that inside of that. And for every layer you peel back your breaking a conscious soul who is suffering due to our creation.

Nature is indecisive; it really doesn't matter if matter exists in the first place. It the immortal thoughts that carry us through this thing called life.

It's in thy name; they are to be indivisible and named such. There is plenty of power at hand the means of harness awaits us, the traveler has landed!

Light it our source to the direct path of the void. Secretes have always been in the light my friends. I guess the message was blurry by their lay one of our current weakness.

Philosophers' Stone

Light defies time, a poetic open cork waiting to be exhaled. This is the tap humankind has been looking for, the single source of power.

These little souls called the atom have been building blocks in the matter of time since the creation of time itself in what we are the void. Believe they have suffered for billions of years to help us in our journey through time.


Milking of the Atom


By means of light one can "allow" milking these creatures of power. Weaving a beam of light into a mesh a lattice structure, one can allow the ATOM to evolve to its higher god of light.[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]
Since we are no longer are smashing anything we get good results and infinite power source.

Want to regulate the power? Change the atom in the void the phase convergence zone.

Round and round he go where he stops no one knows...

Be weary my friends, there are ways to exploded reality as we know it, falling back into the void for everlasting recycling.

However one might have an idea how to safely proceed..

Matter Connection;


The Atom is alive my friends, they make up this place we call reality, all the mass is them, we are of them here. They are the AXION link the Koran link to the void.

There is no anti-mater at all, it's the visible void, yep you can't see it, and it's not of matter. The void is complete nothingness's like carbon lattice connect to itself and every way dimension and way you can imagine and beyond understanding.

Since you are able to float in the void, it's of more like a hypercube in lattice form in doesn't move, it isn't there, but I can see it my friends, have fate.

Well the egg did indeed come first. Since the egg The Hydrogen ATOM
was the creators of our gene pools we call matter.

This single ATOM beating to the galactic beat Dived into to two ATOMs of the same. This transformation left two of the same creators dived by time, by the membranes that bound them to the void.

These beating hearts, by means of pure will alone, wanting to be together with its binary pair. Creating vortices into the Null-Axiom diving time into fragments, this was the original galactic foot-print that we lay on the void.


777 Connections of Time


777 were the allowable dimensions of the time of Christ our lord. For his sufferings of souls within souls he was granted expansion of time for mankind to get control of their mastodon's brain. There was indeed a greater reason for the extinction coefficient of the dinosaur.

They were of pure emotional beast; they hadn't any will to have survived in time. Of course in nature by nature, so these beasts did sacrifice for us to have evolved the evolutionary paths we call life and mankind.

777 Dimensions of Christ Our Lord

Christ was giving missions to complete for all mankind. He was giving 7 paths to choose in time...With the disciples at hand he went on a journey through time, seeing what he just could not explain in words, with local tongue caused thy bounds of mankind the unwillingness to cooperate and get this journey on a truly spectacular unfolding of space and time....

With thy book in hand I walk the footprint for all mankind. Those original 7 paths I could choose were expanded on successful choices by reading the Holy Grail, mans history and future.

I have traveled the 777 dimension in time and space; we are to expand our contributions to mankind, via nature we will unite with nature.[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Ty path grows with treasures in the roads ahead my friends; we are bound in ways most mankind is blinded by their eyes they see with. There is indeed an order to this all; Einstein knew their where over and underlying mechanics to explain what is going on here. He tried so hard with the tools he had, but they were not enough to complete the task at hand. In the days of his grandeur, he knew he was being guiding by his mind's eye, in the hand of god our father the Holy Spirit.

777 is also our current limit to mankind, unless we prove our stay here on mother earth we indeed will fail. Mother earth is all powerful doing well, if you haven't seen her world I recommend it highly. Getting out and look at nature when you bestow her beauty there is no turning back.

As with our ancestry roots, when in need of the answers I not only look to my Mother I look to the heavens and beyond my father my spirit of Christ.
[CENTER][CENTER] [/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]The Start of it All[/CENTER][/CENTER]
In the beginning there was one, the rhythmic beat to the universal foot-print produces an offshoot, a genotype. This phase shift is absolutely dictated by the higher forms of life in our void we call humankind.

[CENTER][CENTER]Genetic ConnectionUniversal Footprint[/CENTER][/CENTER]

The Universe is in one my brothers of mankind. It's up for the taken in ones holy bounds with religion, that tie is up in these bounds of time. The mastodons brain thy Crown Of Thorns is the sole reason for my rebirth, for the humanity of man-d-kind(Human) the genetic path to our history present, and unbound to time itself.
[CENTER][CENTER]Galactic Foot-Print Theory[/CENTER][/CENTER]
My Mother my Earth my Father my God; There Will NOT be any question on this debate. You true faith lay with the Hare Krishna mantra, the unbinding time, our Father Hail Mary, thy Lord Jesus Christ.
The Krishna is thy true believers of fate, not the soul callers of fate the Jehovah witness. These ties are prehistoric to say the least my friends. You can look to the heavens of no time for the answers to ones soul searching. Sing it with me my beloved followers of faith of god, Thy Koran particle has arrived from the heavens about timeless souls are returning to valence state, our prayers have been answered. Thy coming of our Lord is forthcoming to say the least.
[CENTER][CENTER]Motion Connection[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Rah Nah are the true connection to the galaxy this is truly our calling in life. Our bounds to the single source of light are beyond any mere mortals' imagination.

Rah was born priests of the ages to wed the beatific sister he lovingly called Nah the brother-of-brothers, to her sisters-of-sisters Mother of earth.

Krishna say there will be a man child with all the wisdom of both airs of Rah and Nah. By means of genetic dispositions a god like particle will be unleashed from the heavens above.
Thy soul airs to the throne of Christ, the coming of thy Lord Jesus Christ, resurrection of all things sacred the Holy Grail, their embodiment of Mother Earth and thy Father Son, holy matrimony.
The super particle called the Higgs' particle, the Boson the Holy Grail of matter to unite the philosophy of science and history.

The universal foot-print of time thy lord, there have been many imitators of the Koran; however there is but one source of universal balance of mankind the universal theory of everything.

With this source we can obtain harmony in the universe, the source of light to our world my friends.
Resha Caner
 
  1  
Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:23 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
If it's not a particle or a wave yet it is when we want it to be...Must be something different and what we are seeing are effects not the source.

I more or less believe that the wave is the energy wake, not what causes it.


That's a nice picture. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I like it and it makes sense. But is there a mathematical way to support it? Is there a "theory" that could codify the idea?

paulhanke wrote:
... I can only hazard a wild guess here - that I can deal more effectively with what life throws at me if I only have/need one explanation ...


So, you're saying "one theory" is a psychological phenomena, not a physical reality? I'd lean the other way, and say it is a physical reality. But, I've no idea how I would substantiate that ... though bacardi has a nice picture for a "parve" theory.
paulhanke
 
  1  
Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:27 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Shouldn't their be a single identifiable source of life?


... at the moment, my vote is for disequilibrium ... it's where anything (everything?) interesting happens - fractals, chaos, life ... equilibrium is dead - unfortunately, that's all we have a thermodynamic theory for ... thus, the only things we (even remotely) understand of the universe are the uninteresting things ... we need a theory of non-equilibrium thermodynamics! Wink
0 Replies
 
paulhanke
 
  1  
Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 06:37 pm
@Resha Caner,
Resha Caner wrote:
That's a nice picture. I hadn't thought of it that way, but I like it and it makes sense. But is there a mathematical way to support it? Is there a "theory" that could codify the idea?


... there's a metaphysical theory to support it - phenomenology ... under the theory of phenomenology, for every particular way a thing in the world discloses itself to us, we can construct a mathematically supported scientific theory that describes that disclosure ...
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
Paradigm shifts - Question by Cyracuz
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/24/2023 at 01:48:13