1
   

Truth behind Terrorism

 
 
Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:53 pm
When my friends and I board and airplane, and we see a Middle Eastern man also board, they can't help but to make a stereotypical joke or two. I often scold them, but every now and then I find myself grinning to their sick laughter. Shouldn't this hate be normality? I mean Islamic Fascist did attack us and that's why we are in Iraq. But not every Middle Eastern is Islamic, and most Muslims are not in the radical branch that we are fighting. So no, it isn't necessarily WRONG to dislike Islamic Terrorists, but I think it IS to stereotype about them.

The hate that comes from my neo-con buddies upsets me a little. I understand why they can say such things, but it just doesn't seem right. To hate someone so quickly and with almost no justification is strange, and not a good thing to start. Yes, I hate the things Fascists do, and most of the time I hate Fascists themselves. But I also love them. No, I'm not a Terrorist myself, but let me explain.

I look at the actions of these Muslims and I see destruction and death. But I also see love and hope. These people believe that they are not sinners, rather saints because of what they do. Allah has commanded them to wipe the Earth of infidels so that all could be with him. They are acting compassionately, not barbaricly. The beauty of it is actually amazing. They love Allah, pray to Allah, long to be with Allah, and to horrible things that give them hope that he will bestow his love upon them. This is the greatest gift of all to Islam, for Allah to love you.

This justifies their actions not a bit but I hope you see my point.

Also, has most of American Christians (mostly Catholic) forgotten of the Great Crusades? We did the same thing to them-fighting over the Holy Land and to slay the infidels of God. Look at Christianity now-it is a peaceful religion. Could this branch of Islam be the same in some centuries toward the future? I don't suggest leaving the Middle East because of this, but I don't think destroying a beautiful religion as this is a better one.

I hope this will change most peoples attitude towards Islamic fascists-Don't just hate them for doing vast sin, for in their eyes, they believe this is no sin and they are doing Allah's will. Misguided, maybe, evil, not for the most part. I love them AND hate them. I hope America will do too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,309 • Replies: 10
No top replies

 
Pythagorean
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:42 pm
@Miltiades,
I don't buy it.

Americans don't hate Muslims it's just your friends.Smile

I mean, I know plenty Conservatives and plenty of liberals and they don't hate anyone. They are generous to a fault. If they do posess hatred it seems it is hatred for each other and nobody else.

That's just my opinion, I'll let others speak for themselves.

--
Justin
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 12:14 am
@Miltiades,
Insightful post, thank you and mostly agree. Just like we were raised to believe in something and to go to church, they were raised to believe in what they believe in. In the eyes of some of these people, they are making the ultimate sacrifice for their God. From what they were trained to believe or perceive of the world and they express that believe through their actions. Same with the Christians.

The thing that I think everyone should take note of is that we're all trying to discover the same thing. We've all created perceptions of what God or Creation is and a lot of this comes from past thinking and tradition and ways of our forefathers. It's passed down from generation to generation, just like it is in the Middle East.

While Radical Muslims are doing what they do, could it be that it's the Christians who have created them? I mean, take a look at it from the other side. Our President claims to be a Christian yet sends soldiers to kill hundreds of innocent people while pursuing the mad men. It's the Christians that they perceive want to control the money, oil and be the world super power. Imagine what the perception is of the youth that are being either brainwashed or effected. There will be stories told for centuries of how the American Christians came in and brutally murdered innocent people. We all know that you can't fight fire with fire.

The fact is, hate breeds more hate. In the name of God, we're creating this world we live in and we're spreading more fear and hate around it. When mankind understands that we are all a part of One whole and likewise related, then it will only continue.

When we stereotype, we are casting judgment on our fellow man. When we judge our fellow man, we in turn judge ourselves. What we think inside, we create externally and that's just how it is. Both the Christians and the Muslims have contributed in creating this world of fear that we now live in. Fear will continue to breed fear and thus prevent any productive growth for everyone. Someday we may end up destroying everything around us because we've chosen to live for everything around us.

Anyway, I could ramble on and on about this subject but I'd prefer not to get into politics of the war and reasons. All I know is that the only thing I can control is my perception of the world and perception of the people in it.

Hate is going to bread more hate and when we embrace a fear of something, we're going to attract more of that which we do not want.

It all starts at home within ones own self. Each person that practices peace, love and balance - without judgment, will essentially breed the likes. The desire first has to come from within oneself for oneself and when it unfolds from within it will produce effects outside us that we cannot comprehend.

So the truth is, we are all on the same ship. We're all part of the same team and we're all seeking the same thing. All any man wants is peace and contentment and if he perceives that to come in killing another man, then he will do just that. The truth is that there are not enough people in the world that are really seeking the truth within the spiritual realm to express it in the physical one.
0 Replies
 
Miltiades
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:17 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
I don't buy it.

Americans don't hate Muslims it's just your friends.Smile

I mean, I know plenty Conservatives and plenty of liberals and they don't hate anyone. They are generous to a fault. If they do posess hatred it seems it is hatred for each other and nobody else.

That's just my opinion, I'll let others speak for themselves.

--


If you don't "buy it" I can only say this:
I wasn't selling it, I was giving it out for free.

I never said they "hated" Muslims, we just don't think of the rest of the story. And my friends don't hate Muslims, if they did they wouldn't be my friends. They just don't see the other side of the coin.
boagie
 
  1  
Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:49 pm
@Miltiades,
Quote:
"I hope this will change most peoples attitude towards Islamic fascists-Don't just hate them for doing vast sin, for in their eyes, they believe this is no sin and they are doing Allah's will. Misguided, maybe, evil, not for the most part. I love them AND hate them. I hope America will do too."

Miltiades,Smile

Smile People should be frighten of the mindless, whether they be Islamic fundamentists or Christian fundamentalists. Anytime an individual turns his back on reason he is a threat to those around him. It is the same mindless quality shared by fundamentalists of both faiths and is indeed a quality of religious practice. People tend to hate those they fear, in my opinion their fear is well grounded. I would fear the Islamic fundamentalist as I would fear the Christian fundamentalist, they both can committ atrocities and feel self-righteous all the way. Your friends perhaps have did an injustice to an individual in singling him out at random, the generality does not apply to every individual case, if it did it would be an absolute. Your friends are going on an old premise, if it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and makes good duck soup, its a duck, but as we all know this is not always the case, its only probably a duck.Wink


"What is a myth? The dictionary definition of a myth would be stories about gods .... What is a god? A god is a personification of a motivating power or value system that functions in human life and in the universe -- the powers of your own body and of nature. The myths are metaphorical of spiritual potentiality in the human being, and the same powers that animate our life animate the life of the world. We need myths that will identify the individual not with his local group but with his planet." Joseph Campbell
Miltiades
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 09:44 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:

Smile People should be frighten of the mindless, whether they be Islamic fundamentists or Christian fundamentalists. Anytime an individual turns his back on reason he is a threat to those around him. It is the same mindless quality shared by fundamentalists of both faiths and is indeed a quality of religious practice. People tend to hate those they fear, in my opinion their fear is well grounded. I would fear the Islamic fundamentalist as I would fear the Christian fundamentalist, they both can committ atrocities and feel self-righteous all the way. Your friends perhaps have did an injustice to an individual in singling him out at random, the generality does not apply to every individual case, if it did it would be an absolute. Your friends are going on an old premise, if it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and makes good duck soup, its a duck, but as we all know this is not always the case, its only probably a duck.Wink


The right to be frightened to Fundamentalists? Of course!

But are they mindless? Not at all. They act with reason, in their eyes, the BEST reason. We see this not to be true. Well is it or is it not? It's both. Because they live by this and cherish it, it becomes true. Because we shun it, it becomes false and sinful. They probably think WE are the mindless ones.

The rest I agree.
boagie
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 10:40 pm
@Miltiades,
Miltiades wrote:
boagie wrote:

Smile People should be frighten of the mindless, whether they be Islamic fundamentists or Christian fundamentalists. Anytime an individual turns his back on reason he is a threat to those around him. It is the same mindless quality shared by fundamentalists of both faiths and is indeed a quality of religious practice. People tend to hate those they fear, in my opinion their fear is well grounded. I would fear the Islamic fundamentalist as I would fear the Christian fundamentalist, they both can committ atrocities and feel self-righteous all the way. Your friends perhaps have did an injustice to an individual in singling him out at random, the generality does not apply to every individual case, if it did it would be an absolute. Your friends are going on an old premise, if it looks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and makes good duck soup, its a duck, but as we all know this is not always the case, its only probably a duck.Wink


The right to be frightened to Fundamentalists? Of course!

But are they mindless? Not at all. They act with reason, in their eyes, the BEST reason. We see this not to be true. Well is it or is it not? It's both. Because they live by this and cherish it, it becomes true. Because we shun it, it becomes false and sinful. They probably think WE are the mindless ones.The rest I agree.


Miltades,Smile

No it is not both, something does not become truth because we wish it so.
The mindless belief in any holy text is an affront to intelligence. The faithful functioning thus, can and do committ atrocites and feel self-righteous all the way. Such behaviors are, as is apparent today a threat to world peace. Actually this mental illness I think is particular to world religions as apposed a tribal religion such as the judaic tradition. This is a small world today, and such thinking or the lack thereof is a threat to all of us.
THINKER phil
 
  1  
Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 11:40 pm
@Miltiades,
I think that in many religions there is an overall message on of non-hurtfullness or non-violence, and that if a person or a groups actions believe that violence is their duty as believers in their particular faith to help wipe out non-believers than they should stop and look at themselves.
0 Replies
 
Miltiades
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 02:31 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Miltiades wrote:
No it is not both, something does not become truth because we wish it so.


There is no "truth" exactly in my view.
They think we sin
We think they sin

Tell me, who is right? Obviously you think they do, and I agree. But it doesn't mean thats the absolute. We both have done sin and so we both are right.
boagie
 
  1  
Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 03:50 pm
@Miltiades,
Miltiades wrote:
boagie wrote:


There is no "truth" exactly in my view.
They think we sin
We think they sin

Tell me, who is right? Obviously you think they do, and I agree. But it doesn't mean thats the absolute. We both have done sin and so we both are right.


Miltiades,Smile

Smile We disagree!
Miltiades
 
  1  
Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 06:45 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Smile We disagree!



Did you edit for some reason? I got an email saying you posted this:


Quote:
Smile That is easy, I am right! Such tolernance for people of no tolerance is a formual for disaster. Actually perhaps you have sinned I will take your statement at face value, personally I have not sinned and I do not think I ever will. People whom turn their back on reason are a danger to the world. Their asinine holybooks are deep wells of despair, terror and degrading fantasy.


You have not sinned? HA. Everyone sins each day, though small sins that occur naturaly through human emotions.
Turn their backs on reason? Are you reffering to Islamic Facsists? Ummm, the whole reason they are fighting is....reason!
"Asinine Holybooks"? "Deep wells of despair, terror and degrading fantasy"? Do you have no respect for their views. If you are reffering to the Quran then I might wish to correct you. Yes, much of this books speaks of the death of infedels, but not with despair and degrading fantasy, but rather hope and the chance of future promise. "Asinine" I think not. Many a good proverb can be found in this great book. And just a small portion of Islamic society takes the order to kill infedels passionetly. The rest live peacefull lives among the five pillars of Islam, Shahadah-profession of faith, Salah-ritual prayer, Zakah-Alms tax, Sawm-the fasting during Ramadan, and Hajj-the great pilgrimage to Mecca. Other forms of Islam also include these Pillars: Khums-tax for the decendents of Fatima, Jihad-duty to Allah and Islam (this does not recieve official pillar status, but is still important), Amr-Bil-Ma'ruf-live a full life and encourage others to do the same, and Nahi-Anil-Munkar-stay away from vice, sin, and evil and encourage to do so
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
Paradigm shifts - Question by Cyracuz
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Truth behind Terrorism
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/12/2024 at 05:59:15