"A Call to Abandon Blind Faith."

Aedes

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:59 pm
@Israelite007,
Israelite007 wrote:
make no mistake this Satan's goal for our lives..destruction and choas. God's purpose for your life is love and fulfillment. Try not to dwell on that which is evil but dwell on that which is pure and good.

I appreciate your thoughts, very much. But also realize that neither Satan nor God can be a relevant figure without belief in them. It would be not only disengenuous to my belief system but also to my religion itself to believe in Satan.

At any rate, I don't need to blame anyone other than Himmler, Hitler, Heydrich, Frank, Hoess, Mengele, and all the people who worked for them who actually executed those events. Humans created it, humans suffered.

But as for God, I can't escape from a deep, sincere, resentful feeling that he represents the unfulfilled hopes and prayers of innocent people who have suffered and died for nothing. My grandmother prayed when she was hiding in a wall in Lodz just before she, her mother, and 5 siblings were sent to Auschwitz, where her mother and her three little sisters were gassed. And her father, a rabbi, starved to death in the Lodz ghetto in order that his children could eat his rations.

I see holiness in my grandparents, and I worship them. They are the ones who created this world from nothingness, they are the sources of good, and they are the ones who have sacrificed for the sins of this world. And every bit of good I do or that I spread in this world is purely to honor them.

Quote:
I know I can not mince words with you on heartbreak but I assure you that God has healed deep resentment towards my father when I asked him. He is so awesome and magnificent that I want to share him with everyone. He has been so good to me I cannot be sad even though I asked myself this same thing you are now. How could God take the life of my true friend Joe in a car accident when he was only 22? It seemed unfair and unjust and I just felt too much pain. I know what you might be going through. But please do not lose that ray of hope we have hope while we are here on the earth and please understand that hope comes from God. Love comes from God. Wonder comes from God. He is so Good he is too good that is why he is Holy. I just can express into how extravegant you are to him. So please remember there is always hope while we have life as for death well the only blame we can place is on ourselves when we fell in the Garden into sin that is what took our sons and daughters brothers and sisters and we know who's the culprit of sin Satan. He is the one that is bent on our misery and pain he is the one that wants us to suffer not God please give your heart over to him. If we pray the right way then we know when we pray he hears us.

Your experiences are as valuable to you as mine are to me. And that's why I'd never presume that my feelings about God or the world should have anything to do with how you approach such visceral things as truth, or good, or evil, or hope. I don't wish to change your views on God -- but I'd ask that you not wish to change mine. Be sure that I have plenty of hope in life and in humanity -- I just find my energy, my divinity, and my spirituality within other humans and particularly my family. You may say that this is a proxy for God, which is what I'm really praising -- but I'll deny that. My family means more to me than God -- and so does every other human on earth.
0 Replies

Play Dough

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:34 pm
@Israelite007,
"Good (God) and Evil (the d-EVIL)" are the two faces of God (See, Genesis).
The face that God reveals to you is a mirror of the face that you show to God.

More simply stated, the whole matter is a function of Metaphysics and Natural Law.
Good and evil are the two 'circles' that cannot be 'squared'... good produces good results and evil produces evil results.

Where 'good and evil' are merged into the "God is Love" cosmology happens when one embraces the idea that 'evil' is designed (peasure/pain principle) to send you away from it and towards the all good. As such, evil is in the service of the all good.

0 Replies